We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
NEW!....conduction E mesh to. [high speed].convection E mesh! Options

downwardsfromzero
#1 Posted : 4/1/2022 9:04:43 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Great to see you're continuing with these developments, starway!

It looks like this would work with a pad of maybe coarse ceramic sponge as well. Any ideas where something like that might be obtainable? Would the usual ceramic flavor discs be too fine for this?

In your present set up it looks like there will be a bit of conduction and ohmic heating alongside the convection - perhaps this combination adds up to a winning situation.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

starway7
#2 Posted : 4/1/2022 1:48:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Great to see you're continuing with these developments, starway!

It looks like this would work with a pad of maybe coarse ceramic sponge as well. Any ideas where something like that might be obtainable? Would the usual ceramic flavor discs be too fine for this?

In your present set up it looks like there will be a bit of conduction and ohmic heating alongside the convection - perhaps this combination adds up to a winning situation.

My idea is that... if set to the right watts..the temperature ..[ is hot enough when taking a draw].. that the super heated air going through the stainless pad will vaporize the product so fast that it hasnt enough time to drip down on the heating mesh below..
and therefore stays convection vapor...

On first test.. using only a tiny 6mgs? ..from a tincture.. vaporized every molecule without burning or any waste of product..

It gave me a nice freindly low dose buzz.. and the vapor had a little different personality..very simmilar to what my.. plenty convection vape ..puts out.. only the visible vapor came within 2 seconds of taking a slow draw ...not the 2 to three minutes it takes the plenty to produce vapor with spice...

murklan
#3 Posted : 4/1/2022 1:54:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, good invention!

I'm a big fan of convection and DIY inventions. Right now I would like to construct something that consists of a metal thermal storage that is heated by a candle or jet lighter and then air is sucked through it in a glass pipe/straw where a steel wool pad with the DMT is heated.

Also curious of how to find ceramic sponges that are possible to grind into shapes.

starway7
#4 Posted : 4/1/2022 4:01:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

murklan wrote:
Yes, good invention!

I'm a big fan of convection and DIY inventions. Right now I would like to construct something that consists of a metal thermal storage that is heated by a candle or jet lighter and then air is sucked through it in a glass pipe/straw where a steel wool pad with the DMT is heated.

Also curious of how to find ceramic sponges that are possible to grind into shapes.

any ceramic can be shaped by a grinder..but you dont want to inhale ceramic particles..trap any airborn particles with a bubbler

roninsina
#5 Posted : 4/1/2022 4:12:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can get the ceramic foam on ebay. Manufacturers usually want you to make an account and buy in bulk, but can give you precise shapes, as it’s pretty hard and brittle and difficult to shape it at home (at least for me). The stuff on ebay is a little hit and miss with regards to shape, size, and pore density. I think the stuff with high pore density like for the vapor genie is alumina based, but the coarser materials (like the health stone) that are used for filtering molten alloys, are also quite suitable as a heat shield for vaping and as a pad to melt your dmt into.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

murklan
#6 Posted : 4/1/2022 8:47:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the help! I'll look for it. And the bubbler, I've never had one (exept for a beer-bottle-bong for weed 25 years ago) but this might be the time.

starway7
#7 Posted : 4/2/2022 1:22:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I got good amount of vapor on the second try with the conduction to convection experament...but havent gotten the temperature correct yet as there is some dark color on the heating mesh..

and not getting the spice magic.?

and it almost appears that im burning some product!??

So it will take more testing to get it right..

I will discontinue this thread untill i do more testing .

these posts above were early efforts.. to go from conduction vapor to convection vapor with E mesh...

continue to.....[ True convection !..easy top load... high speed E mesh!.]thread