We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vaporhuasca first attempt Options

ildruido
#1 Posted : 4/1/2022 6:41:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone,
usually I take dmt freebase but this time I got a few grams of Peganum Harmala 10X to enjoy a longer and productive experience; I don't know what 10X means, all I know is as first attempt I shoud take 15/20mg sublingual for 5 minutes and then smoke the dmt is that correct??
Thanks!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 4/1/2022 7:19:42 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
I don't know what 10X means
It means one gram of extract was made using 10 grams of seeds a ten times concentration process (10×).
Quote:
take 15/20mg sublingual for 5 minutes and then smoke the dmt is that correct??
It's one way of doing it. Another way is vaping about 20mg extracted harmala alkaloids 10mins before the DMT. There was a recent report that this was highly effective, even with a small amount of DMT. I'll see about linking to the appropriate thread, will update in due course.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 4/1/2022 7:44:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:
I don't know what 10X means
It means one gram of extract was made using 10 grams of seeds a ten times concentration process (10×).
Quote:
take 15/20mg sublingual for 5 minutes and then smoke the dmt is that correct??
It's one way of doing it. Another way is vaping about 20mg extracted harmala alkaloids 10mins before the DMT. There was a recent report that this was highly effective, even with a small amount of DMT. I'll see about linking to the appropriate thread, will update in due course.

Beat ya to it.
Pleased

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ildruido
#4 Posted : 4/1/2022 8:04:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool, should I load the same amount of DMT I usually do or less/more?

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 4/1/2022 8:09:34 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

ildruido wrote:
Cool, should I load the same amount of DMT I usually do or less/more?

Potency seems enhanced so proceed with caution - go for a smaller dose at first; check the link:
Voidmatrix wrote:
(Thanks VM!)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

ildruido
#6 Posted : 4/13/2022 2:29:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I took 20mg Harmala 10X and 20mg DMT after 10 minuts. I had just very light effects for 5 minuts, so maybe I should wait more maybe?

_Trip_
#7 Posted : 4/13/2022 2:32:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What are ya smoking the dmt in?
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 4/14/2022 1:28:59 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Do you notice anything from the harmala concentrate alone?

Just because it's a concentrate this does not guarantee that the alkaloids were included in that concentration process (another reason for working with material that you produce yourself).

ildruido
#9 Posted : 4/21/2022 3:34:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Nope, what kind of effects should I feel?

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 4/21/2022 4:11:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

ildruido wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:

It's going to be very subtle. I find it generally to heighten awareness, so my somatic awareness becomes in tune noticing subtle energetic feelings throughout the body. Mentally and cognitively, you may feel a little "floaty" but you'll have an attuned receptivity that allows you to pay more attention and notice the subtle nuances of your thoughts and emotions and their reciprocal effect on each other.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 4/21/2022 7:20:21 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

ildruido wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:

In addition to what VM stated above, I find the effects vary with the time of administration, the dose, the batch of material, and the method of preparation. Not to mention whatever else might be in my system at the time - both dietary and supposedly 'non-psychoactive' herbal teas [with perhaps the exception of hemp leaf or hemp flower of the low THC variety].

I've had effects ranging from barely discernible to fairly strongly psychedelic - which I could tentatively link to the aforementioned hemp but also a high enough dose of harmaline in a rue brew goes in this direction, at least for me, without any other inputs. What a lot of people consider to be a down side of harmaline is often described as 'dizziness' and perhaps other people experience it as such. However, I've found with the higher harmaline doses there is an overall 'sensory buffering' which manifests in various sensory modalities. There will be visual trailing, where moving objects seem to leave a smear across the visual field; similarly, at higher doses there is auditory buffering which I perceive as a sort of metallic echoing or flangeing - turning the pages of a book was quite fascinating to listen to when I first noticed this (I have done a fair bit of sound engineering over the years so this was quite amusing for me). Another adio phenomenon to which this bears some resemblance is the way high frequencies of white noise, such as rushing water, wind or crowd noise including applause, gain 'coloured' artefacts that may sound like the tinkling of bells or breaking glass.

Then there is the proprioceptive and kinesthetic buffering. This is what I think a lot of people must perceive as 'dizziness'. There is a time delay in the feedback from the muscular systems, just like the visual delay that leads to trailing, which leads to an unsteadiness in gait. In my case - and I've heard this from other people too - I might find myself tipping to the side when walking. This is of course nothing surprising if one's righting reflexes are working in slow motion and with 'echoes' in the normal signal - literally like an audio delay effect, but with central sensory processing signals. The other thing that really cued me into the fact that it was a sensory processing delay was when I walked up to the toilet to pee: I stopped walking, or so I thought, when I had arrived at the correct proximity to the toilet but was then a little surprised to find myself crashing into the pan! So that was my 'aha!' moment.

Harmine doesn't produce anywhere near as strong of a buffering/delay effect as harmaline and people thereby report harmine as being much easier to deal with and far less debilitating. Personally, I find harmaline quite entertaining in that it forces me to sharpen my awareness and become more focussed on my bodily equilibrium. The auditory effects are best appreciated somewhere fairly quiet, I suspect. On the one hand, I can imagine daytime urban noise become overwhelming, although daytime effects of harmalas have always been more manageable and seem to be kind of 'protective' and 'charisma-enhancing', at least for me.

All of this adds up to a good reason why Claudio Naranjo chose harmaline over harmine for his psychotherapeutic practise back in the day (although I find the tales of him combining it with MDA in his patients somewhat alarming!)

So what might all this mean for you, ildruido? I'd still recommend getting hold of your own batch of Syrian rue [Peganum harmala] seeds to work with - you can experiment with working up from a low dose over the course of days, weeks or months, try different roasting and brewing methods, different ROAs and times of administration, and even the extract the alkaloids yourself. The only regret I have with this is that I didn't do it sooner! Once you are familiar with the effects of harmalas and all that they have to offer you'll be in a far better position to appreciate the way they combine with DMT - and/or maybe other substances such as psilocybin mushrooms or cannabis.

And sorry, I don't have much to add about THH (tetrahydroharmine/leptaflorine) yet - that is a work in progress. Suffice to say, a good number of people consider THH to be a vital component in the therapeutic effects of ayahusca.

#12 Posted : 4/22/2022 1:48:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Sublingual [extracted] harmalas or smoking them before vaping dmt = win.

Smoking some x'd leaf before vaping dmt also = win.

Back when I used to do this method I'd always kept the harmala dose really low before vaping the dmt. Just enough to potentiate and allow that initial onset to climb where was needed in order for me to get into the depth I was wanting, versus trying to shoot the same goal with just vaping freebase dmt alone.

As was already said I'd put 20-40mg extracted harmalas under the tongue, let them dissolve, wait a few minutes after feeling their effect, then I'd vape dmt. Never exceeded that harmala range when dosing, I never had wanted the harmalas to impart too much onto the experience, I'd never wanted a harmala-heavy experience. Just personal preference though.

I can't really comment on the higher dosing of sublingual harmalas or x'd leaf and vaping dmt as being ayahuasca-like, never done it aside from only a couple times, but ime actually drinking a stout brew versus vaping dmt with harmalas, they've always been two completely different experiences for me.

Best of luck to ya

ildruido
#13 Posted : 4/24/2022 1:39:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

○ wrote:
drinking a stout brew versus vaping dmt with harmalas, they've always been two completely different experiences for me.

interesting, in which way is different? the duration of the experience?
I tried again with the extract, bigger dose I would say 50-60mg and I felt something but it lasted around 20 minutes

#14 Posted : 4/26/2022 1:04:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

ildruido wrote:
○ wrote:
drinking a stout brew versus vaping dmt with harmalas, they've always been two completely different experiences for me.

interesting, in which way is different? the duration of the experience?
I tried again with the extract, bigger dose I would say 50-60mg and I felt something but it lasted around 20 minutes

Visually, somatically, oral & smoked were very different to me for the most part. Same tryptamine/harmala essence n space in some respects with both oral/smoked, though just different in the things I'd saw and felt, their presentation, just the overall experience.

Not to sidetrack, but have you drank ayahuasca or any sort of ayahuasca analogue brew? If not, then maybe look into that if/when you decide to, then you can see the similarity and/or dissimilarity between the two experiences imo.

Best of luck

ildruido
#15 Posted : 5/12/2022 10:33:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ciao Folks,
for my second attempt I used a tea of rue seeds (3g) as MAOI; after 40 mins I took a gelcap with 50mg of spice but after 50mins I was not feeling any kind of effect so I decided to try to smoke 18mg with my new toy, an APX Volt.. HOLY SHIT guys, I did not even smoke the hole dose because after a few secs the reality become the center of a neutron star.. here the words are difficult and english is not my first language, so let s say that has been a quite difficult experience; after the pick I've got another 2 hours of tripping like 3gr mushroom.
So the thing is I don-t know if the second part of the experience came from the vaporization or the gelcap or both.. next time will not mix the two

Question: I want a more manageable experience and I would like to be able to do small puffs from my device until I reach the level that I want. If I set at minimum (2.5V) the voltage of the apx volt I could do that? what quantity of dmt should I load? I was thinking of mix in the coil together with the spice the same amount of cbd wax in order to obtain a lighter substance to inhale
I know guys that dissolve the spice into a e-liquid and then smoke through a cartridge vaporizer, is that the only way to get small tokes?

The Sofa Traveler
#16 Posted : 5/12/2022 10:53:37 AM

Give me a snake otherwise I'll smash a crocodile

ildruido wrote:
Question: I want a more manageable experience and I would like to be able to do small puffs from my device until I reach the level that I want. If I set at minimum (2.5V) the voltage of the apx volt I could do that? what quantity of dmt should I load?
I know guys that dissolve the spice into a e-liquid and then smoke through a cartridge vaporizer, is that the only way to get small tokes?

I don't know if it is the only way to get small tokes, but probably it's the most convenient. Syrian rue tea + e-cig tokes is exactly what I do, exactly for the reason you mention : being able to reach the desired level. It works perfectly. Maybe you could find some interesting informations in my thread about this subject.
Humanity has invented gods, the reverse remains to be proven.