We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Better ROI for Kratom? Options

Spiralout
#21 Posted : 3/25/2022 3:46:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting thoughts on the rue. Do you mean to say that it may be helping attenuate kratom-withdrawal symptoms?

I've meant to make a thread about this but I'm not sure how much I have to say that hasn't been said:

I'm still working on getting off kratom. I'm at about 17 gpd at the moment. I decided to do a slow taper, at about 1 gram less per day, but allowing myself to stay on the current dose for extra days if need be, as long as I don't up the dose.

This stuff is wicked addictive. If you think it isn't then you are delusional. It acts on mu opiate receptors as an agonist as does every other addictive opiate/opiod. The fact that the molecular structure does not contain the classic morphinian backbone (or what have you) is completely irrelevant, as is it's legality, or the fact that it is "natural". Non of that shit has any bearing on it's addictive nature: if you understand the slightest bit about neurochemistry, you realize that the receptor activity a substance/material has is the primary relevant factor when assessing effects and addiction liability etc. Plus, there's more than enough anecdotal reports and medical literature on it's addictive nature.

This isn't to say it should be demonized. Our relationship with drugs is context dependent and finding a framework to encase our thinking on our relationships to drugs requires nuance and wisdom, and we are still finding our way as a species as to how to think about this. Our society is full of addictions, and we have not yet the wisdom to deal with it. I think we're getting there though.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

roninsina
#22 Posted : 3/25/2022 4:49:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would first like to say, if there is a forum where the extreme power of plants is almost universally recognized, it’d be this one.

Secondly, I didn’t mean to imply that the rue was attenuating my withdrawal symptoms, though I suppose that may be the case. As it turns out, I have experienced withdrawal symptoms from my previous experiences with kratom cessation, I just didn’t recognize it - I thought I just had a flu. I think the short withdrawal period may be due to the smallish dose of 3grams twice a day.

As I mentioned, I usually skipped at least three of my fourteen weekly doses, and until I had a period of a few months where I wasn’t doing that, I didn’t notice any tolerance. I will probably return to using it for pain management, at some point, and keep in mind the danger. I hope to overcome the issues I have that require this level of intervention, but until then, I imagine kratom will retain its place in my medicine bag.

Sounds like you’re doing a great job with tapering your dose. I hope you run into something that makes it easier.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

benzyme
#23 Posted : 3/25/2022 5:04:03 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

DLPA works wonders for mitigating symptoms of withdrawals, within minutes; a must-have for any kratom user.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Spiralout
#24 Posted : 3/25/2022 11:25:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for clarifying that roninsina; I wasn't sure what you meant about the rue. I have combined rue with different opiates (and other drugs... I know the dangers and want to re-iterate to anyone reading this that they should understand the possible dangers of combining rue/harmalas with drugs... do your research first) and during withdrawals from opiates, but that was a long time ago: I don't remember the effects.

Also, thanks for the support roninsina.

Thanks benzyme. I've never tried DLPA. I'm looking up prices for D, L-Phenylalanine now and it's reasonably priced. I'm going to give it a try.

benzyme
#25 Posted : 3/26/2022 2:17:48 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Spiralout wrote:
Thanks benzyme. I've never tried DLPA. I'm looking up prices for D, L-Phenylalanine now and it's reasonably priced. I'm going to give it a try.

Big grin Let me know what you think. The difference is like night and day. l-isomer replenishes endogenous dopamine and norepinephrine levels, d-isomer inhibits metabolism of enkephalins (beta endorphins).
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Spiralout
#26 Posted : 3/26/2022 8:41:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Benzyme, do you have any idea what the likelihood of contamination is with this stuff?

I don't understand chemistry/biology/nutrition etc. well enough to ballpark this myself, and googling for information is usually fruitless. I know stuff like fish oil you want to be diligent about taking quality product (heavy metals, oxidization, pcbs etc.) but some supplements (like vitamin c) you can be relatively safe buying from anywhere ($$$).

Any thoughts on this one?

Edit: I don't mean to hijack the thread but i was just about to PM you before I saw you replied.

benzyme
#27 Posted : 3/27/2022 2:56:32 AM

analytical chemist

it's more like the latter (vitC). Issues of heavy metals and PCBs are not prevalent in amino acid supplements, because they are not derived from farmed products; they are typically synthesized/biosynthesized (fermentation). DLPA is powdery crystalline and white, like powdered sugar or reeeeally good coke.

roninsina
#28 Posted : 3/28/2022 2:26:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I see some pretty wild variations in recommended dosage, depending what the you’re taking the DLPA for. What dosage do you use, Benz?

benzyme
#29 Posted : 3/28/2022 3:09:52 AM

analytical chemist

1/3 to 1/2 tsp, twice a day.

roninsina
#30 Posted : 3/28/2022 11:29:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Benz. I’ll preemptively add it to my medicine bag and report back should the occasion present. And would love to hear your experiences with HPLA, Spiralout.

benzyme
#31 Posted : 3/29/2022 9:08:16 PM

analytical chemist

The tuftsin-like neuropeptides Selank and Semax also seem promising,
they inhibit carboxypeptidase, which cleaves leu-enkephalin (a beta-endorphin); Adamax is particularly popular these days.
Just ordered the former two, will report back.

breathingneon
#32 Posted : 1/22/2023 11:32:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure why I hadn't had the thought previously, but kratom powder is actually quite palatable when prepared like matcha.

Normally I measure out my dose and then sift the powder into my bowl to avoid clumping. Kratom powder does tend to be a little less fine so this isn't a guarantee against clumping and graininess but frankly it's a pretty minor complaint. I then bring my water to an almost rolling boil, then pour a little and use my chasen to create a froth. Then pour a little more to dilute and froth it some more. If you add a pinch of sugar as you're mixing it, then the taste becomes too pleasant for its own good haha.
"In the dark and the deep there are truths that can always heal"

PREV12