We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV46474849NEXT
VG VaporGenie: How to use, where to get, advantages, etc Options

Potato potato
#941 Posted : 3/21/2022 5:00:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone. I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to all the information here and I have a few questions.

When everyone is referring to spice, I am assuming this means crystal only?

And doses of between 10 - 50mg. Is this 0.1 - 0.5 of a point?
Because that amount of dose seems very small to me. But maybe I am doing it wrong.

Cheers

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#942 Posted : 3/21/2022 12:36:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Potato potato wrote:
Hello everyone. I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to all the information here and I have a few questions.

When everyone is referring to spice, I am assuming this means crystal only?

Because that amount of dose seems very small to me. But maybe I am doing it wrong.

Cheers

Yup, spice refers to freebase DMT often times.

On a gram scale, 0.1 will be 100mg and 0.5 would be 500mg. When vaporized appropriately, 50mg is usually more than enough for most people. That said, 100mg to 500mg is going to be quite a ride, and one may not remember it.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Potato potato
#943 Posted : 3/21/2022 10:33:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:

On a gram scale, 0.1 will be 100mg and 0.5 would be 500mg. When vaporized appropriately, 50mg is usually more than enough for most people. That said, 100mg to 500mg is going to be quite a ride, and one may not remember it.

One love

Thanks for the reply.

I tried 100mg to test out the GVG for the first time and it was a reasonably mild experience.

I have read through all of the information in this thread and I am ready to give it another go. Hopefully it returns better results next time.

Cheers

Voidmatrix
#944 Posted : 3/21/2022 10:59:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Potato potato wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

Thanks for the reply.

I tried 100mg to test out the GVG for the first time and it was a reasonably mild experience.

I have read through all of the information in this thread and I am ready to give it another go. Hopefully it returns better results next time.

Cheers

How many screens do you have in it? Did it all vaporize, or could you see melted residue? Do you have a resistance to other tryptamines (does is take higher doses to get you to where you want to be)?

Good luck

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

roninsina
#945 Posted : 3/23/2022 3:29:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Potato potato wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

I just wanted to echo Voidmatrix and mention that most folks would consider 50mg to be a very large dose. Barring an unusual metabolism or a pharmaceutical regimen that reduces felt affects, 20mg to 30mg properly vaped, is enough for most to break through. Please be cautious. If this is simply a matter of poor technique, then getting everything right with 100mg could be extremely challenging.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

downwardsfromzero
#946 Posted : 3/23/2022 4:06:21 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Potato potato wrote:
If a point equals 100mg, then yes. But "a point" is no kind of official measurement that I ever heard of. I will echo the concerns of the previous two and suggest that you don't add any more DMT to the pipe before trying it again. If you got a 'reasonably mild' (compared to what, incidentally?) experience from 100mg, there's a significant possibility that a large portion of the material has stayed in the pipe and could give you a surprise if you piled even another small dose on top of it and then nailed the vaporisation technique.

And a question: how long did you hold the vapours in for - was there a cloud when you exhaled?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Potato potato
#947 Posted : 3/23/2022 8:32:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
If a point equals 100mg, then yes. But "a point" is no kind of official measurement that I ever heard of. I will echo the concerns of the previous two and suggest that you don't add any more DMT to the pipe before trying it again. If you got a 'reasonably mild' (compared to what, incidentally?) experience from 100mg, there's a significant possibility that a large portion of the material has stayed in the pipe and could give you a surprise if you piled even another small dose on top of it and then nailed the vaporisation technique.

And a question: how long did you hold the vapours in for - was there a cloud when you exhaled?

A point is equal to 1/10 of a gram. So yes, it is 100mg.

The whole process was very experimental. I placed the crystal on top of some chamomile to get it closer to the filter and I think that is where I went wrong.
I didn't get as much smoke out of the pipe as I would have liked and I was afraid to burn the crystal from too much heat.
I normally don't smoke anything, so I was originally unsure of how to maximise the results from the GVG and the chamomile just made everything.

But after reading the info in this thread, I think I have a pretty good idea of how to proceed. I'll skip using any herb and just set up the GVG to work with extra screens.

I was originally confused by the 100mg vs 20 - 50mg amounts for a breakthrough because I used to eyeball the amounts when I smoked crystal back in the day and I think those doses would have been around 100mg.
Definitely break through amounts.

murklan
#948 Posted : 3/23/2022 11:30:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

100mg! How did you do to take in all that smoke? Back in the day I mean.

Voidmatrix
#949 Posted : 3/24/2022 12:13:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Potato potato wrote:
I was originally confused by the 100mg vs 20 - 50mg amounts for a breakthrough because I used to eyeball the amounts when I smoked crystal back in the day and I think those doses would have been around 100mg.
Definitely break through amounts.

I suspect that a)you have a resistance to DMT b)the 100mg doses back in the day may have been burned and not all of it inhaled in an active vapor (what was your smoalking method?) or c)you were just going for gold and it was 100mg Very happy

I've done over 100mg a few times in the past, and they were all complete and total breaks with what we call "reality." One time I just can't remember.

Best of luck to you.

One love

Potato potato
#950 Posted : 3/24/2022 9:48:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:

I suspect that a)you have a resistance to DMT b)the 100mg doses back in the day may have been burned and not all of it inhaled in an active vapor (what was your smoalking method?) or c)you were just going for gold and it was 100mg Very happy

I've done over 100mg a few times in the past, and they were all complete and total breaks with what we call "reality." One time I just can't remember.

Best of luck to you.

One love

It was being smoked using a bong with a blue lotus mix used as the base herb.
The crystal would be melted first and then the bong would be smoked normally.

Generally, I and my friends became non functional after pulling a cone and mentally counting to three.

What is the process for smoking herbs in a GVG?
Is the herb meant to be turned to ash by the end of the smoking process or does it become semi charred?

Not sure how indirect heat from the ceramic filter works on herb if I want to use it for changa.

Voidmatrix
#951 Posted : 3/24/2022 3:07:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Potato potato wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

Best of luck to you.

One love

It was being smoked using a bong with a blue lotus mix used as the base herb.
The crystal would be melted first and then the bong would be smoked normally.

Generally, I and my friends became non functional after pulling a cone and mentally counting to three.

What is the process for smoking herbs in a GVG?
Is the herb meant to be turned to ash by the end of the smoking process or does it become semi charred?

Not sure how indirect heat from the ceramic filter works on herb if I want to use it for changa.

First, use a torch lighter. Hold it a few inches above the top of the rim of the bowl. Fire the torch and begin inhaling, steadily. You'll see vapor fill the chamber and glass piping as it begins to vaporize. Release the flame, clear the piece, hold on tight, and enjoy the ride.

I tend to take my changa out once it's charred (but not ash). I plan to roll the remnants into a joint with some cannabis.

One love

StoneyBroski
#952 Posted : 10/22/2022 12:22:36 PM

I have embarked on SpiceX, still drifting through the hyperspace, machine elves whisper the secrets of the cosmos into my brain.

That metal vapor pad you can rip up sounds allot like an expensive brillo.
Mmmm.... Knowledge. Keep pissing on this sponge.

AFOAF
#953 Posted : 11/9/2022 11:51:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great thread! Recently ordered the GVG. Quick question: how many steel/liquid pads does everyone use?

I tried one, but find that 2 seems to be better. 3 may even work well. I find the additional pad brings the spice closer to the heat source, making it easier to vaporize.

I'm a complete newbie, however, so please let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks again!

boogerz
#954 Posted : 11/10/2022 10:28:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you have access to copper chore boy scrubbers they can be made into discs by hand.

murklan
#955 Posted : 11/10/2022 3:50:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never thought of using more then one. But I have a Bat GVG and not the regular one. Don't know is/how that differs. I use this pads. I se a bit of residue on the pads even if I heat then until I don't see any vapor any more. And it's also condensate on the walls. So now I pre-heat the whole pipe until quite warm. I seems to help not not completely.
But I then can rinse it with ethanol and use that for making enhanced leaf or changa. So no waste.

AFOAF
#956 Posted : 11/10/2022 6:26:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Another question: new to spice and the GVG. when I was first figuring out how to use it properly, I ended up melting ~100mg of spice onto the steel pads due to not getting my technique down (I'm guessing that's where it went as it didn't drip into the neck of the pipe)

I am very new to spice and worried that now that I got my lighting technique down, I'll accidentally take a massive dose.

I've tried it and managed to cut myself off before inhaling too much, providing a mild experience, but I fear I'll have trouble controlling the dosage in the future as I have trouble seeing the vapor (am I even supposed to see it?) or even noticing when I've inhaled it.

Just be careful while using the GVG or should I try to extract the spice off the pads to be safe?

not sure how easy it is control your dosage when you have a large quantity melted on the pad.

Voidmatrix
#957 Posted : 11/10/2022 6:33:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AFOAF wrote:

Another question: new to spice and the GVG. when I was first figuring out how to use it properly, I ended up melting ~100mg on spice onto the steel pads (I'm guessing that's where it went as it didn't drip into the neck of the pipe)

I am very new to spice and worried that now that I got my lighting technique down, I'll accidentally take a massive dose.

I've tried it and managed to cut myself off before inhaling too much, providing a mild experience, but I fear I'll have trouble controlling the dosage in the future as I have trouble seeing the vapor (am I even supposed to see it?) or even noticing when I've inhaled it.

Just be careful while using the GVG or should I try to extract the spice off the pads to be safe?

not sure how easy it is control your dosage when you have a large quantity melted on the pad.

Yeah, if you get the whole dose in one shot you'll be in for a wild one.

Try counting. Heat the pad while steadily inhaling for 2 seconds. See where you're at. Then try three. See where you're at. And so on.

One love

AFOAF
#958 Posted : 11/10/2022 6:39:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
AFOAF wrote:

Another question: new to spice and the GVG. when I was first figuring out how to use it properly, I ended up melting ~100mg on spice onto the steel pads (I'm guessing that's where it went as it didn't drip into the neck of the pipe)

Yeah, if you get the whole dose in one shot you'll be in for a wild one.

Try counting. Heat the pad while steadily inhaling for 2 seconds. See where you're at. Then try three. See where you're at. And so on.

One love

I'll try this, thank you.

Shemlemon
#959 Posted : 11/27/2022 2:50:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read through alot of posts about the classic vg and I'm pretty much set on buying one but I'm left a bit confused from what I understand you would load spice onto the metal screens then assemble and use, but from what I've read the spice will easily be wasted by melting through the screen and dripping down, to fix this couldn't you use more screens (how many would you need?) Also would a metal scrubber be an adequate fix, melt the spice into the scrubber then laying it on top of the screen assembling back together then vaporising as usual

_Trip_
#960 Posted : 11/27/2022 2:54:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Buy a pad Shemlemon and use a screen or 3. I'd also recommend the glass genie over the classic, you get a bit more control because you can see how it's vaporizing in the gvg.
_Trip_ attached the following image(s):
1.png (176kb) downloaded 45 time(s).
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

«PREV46474849NEXT