We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Geally good podcasts and people to listen to? (right Sub?) Options

murklan
#1 Posted : 1/25/2021 9:24:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps there has been many threads on the topic before. But I'd to hear if you have any interesting and good persons/podcasts/channels to recommend?

To start off.
I have not seen much about Erik Davis on this forum. Wonder why? I think he's great!

He's been around in the academia/psychedelic/spirituality/technology/religion/music/gnosis .. thing since the 90's. Written books, like Techgnosis and the latest (and the only one I've read) High Weirdness (highly recommend that one if you're into the weird 70's/sci-fi/psychedelics/litterature .. and Philip K. Dick, Terence McKenna, and Robert Anton Wilson).

I just listened to a great podcast with him! Life is a Festival #92 Erik Davis. That is a conversation around psychedelics in our times that I really find interesting and enlightening. Hope to get into more of those exchanges myself. Perhaps here on the nexus.

I like his newsletter too Burning Shore

If this is in the wrong subforum, please help me to get it right. I'm new here Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Grey Fox
#2 Posted : 1/29/2021 4:03:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is one of the most informative podcast interviews that I've ever heard regarding the topic of San Pedro Cactus. The late "Don" Howard Lawler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fQc9THiufg
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

murklan
#3 Posted : 1/29/2021 6:37:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Grey Fox wrote:
This is one of the most informative podcast interviews that I've ever heard regarding the topic of San Pedro Cactus. The late "Don" Howard Lawler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fQc9THiufg

Great, I'll check it out!
No San Pedro (or any cactus of that kind) has come my way.. yet.

Loveall
#4 Posted : 1/29/2021 8:34:05 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I've been enjoying Sean Carroll and Lex Fridman. Sean Carroll avoids psychedelic topics, even when talking about concioussness - it is an interesting point of view.

And of course the classic psychedelic salon has to be mentioned ❤️
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

titus
#5 Posted : 1/31/2021 8:08:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently found an interview with Terence McKenna that I had never heard before, really interesting stuff. It's split into a few videos but here's a playlist: https://www.youtube.com/...ZvNTkUayzEiUNAwc6rANLpB.

MuteUSO
#6 Posted : 3/10/2022 10:00:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This conversation with Erik Davis is really good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-txshLbiVI

Nydex
#7 Posted : 3/10/2022 11:12:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not really psychedelic-oriented, but more scientific (and more specifically focused on all kinds of physics):
Why This Universe
Daniel and Jorge Explain The Universe
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

null24
#8 Posted : 3/10/2022 4:28:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I kinda stopped listening to most of the psychedelic oriented podcasts that were in my feed out of exasperation and frustration with the endless promotion, profit oriented conversations, lack of critical thinking and the apologetic nature that i had started to perceive.

But Psymposia’s +3 take a critical view of the movement that i can appreciate even if i still do not agree with some statements made by guests. It’s worth a listen.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

murklan
#9 Posted : 3/10/2022 6:41:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MuteUSO wrote:
This conversation with Erik Davis is really good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-txshLbiVI

Great! Hadn't heard that one! I really enjoy Erics take on things. Even if I also think that he's one of those 'guys' that just can't stop talking.

Mentioning Psymposia. I liked them first and found their critical (leftish) take on the whole scene both fresh and important. But now after some time I'm not so amused anymore. They seem to have a attitude problem (in my limited view) and seems a bit to angry and personal to be interested in real dialogue and change. But that perhaps just me getting old and soft Smile

null24
#10 Posted : 3/11/2022 12:27:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I listened to the Power Trip episodes and really jibed with them, but I did listen last night to part of the recent +3 cast that had me screaming at my computer, so I understand your point. I just find it refreshingly absent of apologia.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Psilosopher?
#11 Posted : 3/11/2022 12:40:31 AM

Don't Panic

I predominantly listen to stand up comedy podcasts.

The only serious podcasts I listen to are the Huberman Lab Podcast and Cal Newports podcast. Both are brimming with ultra high quality information.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."