CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lazy alkaloid salting combos (CISLO) Options

Loveall
#1 Posted : 3/5/2022 4:25:55 PM

❀️‍πŸ”₯

Chemical expertSenior Member

Want to summarize the Crystals In Solvent Lazily OTC (CISLO) systems that are showing promise. These are less general than liquid - liquid A/B extractions with a lot fewer working combinations, but the specialization makes the process shorter/simpler when it does work.

The general method is:
- Make a paste with dry plant material, water, and base
- Pull with solvent
- Reccomended: Purify solvent with rest to settle particles and/or a drying agent to remove water/micro emulsions (drying agent is not needed in all cases). Decant or filter. With experience and an ideal system, this step can potentially be skipped to achieve legendary lazyness status, but it can be good "insurance" as more experience is gained.
- Salt solvent with an acid that is soluble in the solvent and that will react and form xtals with the dissolved alkaloids of interest. These requirements really limit the material space, and a lot of calories have been spent with trial and error here. Most combos don't work, but the combos that work result in a specialized simplified extraction compared to the general A/B method that accepts many more different materials.
- Rest so beautiful crystaline product forms directly in pulled solvent. Recover salts by decanting and wash with fresh solvent to remove any traces of salting acid and solvent soluble plant material. If using toluene, a second solvent such as acetone is reccomended to wash away toluene itself.

With the advent of e-vaping, some of these salts can be administered via aerosol into the lungs near physiological pH as long as the salts are soluble in PG (some are, but not all). This "salty" method is a new alternative to the classic vaporization of free base alkaloids with heat. Warning that some organic salts like citric can breakdown at vaping temps (175C to 200C) and vaping safety is has not been established.

There are currently three main CISLO families:
- CIELO: Ethyl acetate salted with an organic acid (such as citrate or fumaric). Success reported for mescaline from columnar cactus and harmalas from rue seeds. Did not work for DMT from MHRB or psilocybin from mushrooms.
- CILLO: Limonene salted with benzoic acid. Worked for DMT. Did not work for mescaline. Needs to be tested psilocybin.
- CITLO: Toluene salted with benzoic acid. Worked for mescaline in preliminary testing. Needs to be tested for DMT and psilocin.

Links to example CISLO systems (some are finalized, others are work in progress):

- CIELO Mescaline Citrate/Fumarate: Cactus/Lime/Ethyl Acetate/Citric or Fumaric acid - confirmed
- CITLO Mescaline benzoate: Cactus/Lime/Toluene/Benzoic acid
- CIELO Harmala citrate: Rue/Lime/Hot Ethyl Acetate/ citric acid - confirmed
- CILLO DMT benzoate: MHRB powder/Lye/Limonene/Benzoic acid - work in progress, so far promising

Hope we can confirm these and add other systems over time. Cheers and happy xtal growing ✨
πŸ’šπŸŒ΅πŸ’š Mescaline CIELO TEK πŸ’šπŸŒ΅πŸ’š
πŸ’šπŸƒπŸ’š Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEKπŸ’šπŸƒπŸ’š

Psychedelic news, articles, interviews and art from the DMT-Nexus and other sources.

Cheelin
#2 Posted : 3/5/2022 5:13:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall, the generous chemist who keeps giving…simpler, faster, safer.

Thanks!

merkin
#3 Posted : 3/30/2022 7:27:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Loveall. Had a bit of a forced break from all this but keen to get my pedro/bridge harvest dehydrated. Logs have been wrapped up for over 9 months now in the garage. Crazy thing is they pupped like crazy! Hope that didn't deplete the alkaloids? Anyway, broke off a bunch and planted and they've gone from pale yellow to deep dark green so onward with future generations.

So two things: first - the link to the harmala citrate is broken for me. I think I know which thread it is tho, but maybe a fix for others.

Second - now I read about Benzoic acid - damn Loveall, you like a chem sales and marketing machine! I see here it's quite cheap, even the AR version, so that's not a big deal. But I was wondering - maybe you could compile a CISLO Shopping List? Basically a nice list of chemstuffs to stock up on when I go shopping for the Benzoic...to be able to participate in and try out all your great research.

Thinking....EA, Benzoic, Phosphoric, Calc Hydroxide, Toluene...and well you know better than me. Would compliment this thread I reckon.

Cheers, and thanks for all the info. Keen to jump back in soon since this seems to cover 3 of my favourite substances...

_Trip_
#4 Posted : 3/30/2022 12:59:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_
#5 Posted : 5/11/2022 1:00:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Had some 'jungle spice' from a toulene/ heptane/ hexane pull. I decided to test 114mg of it and dissolved it in 40ml of EA, then salt it with 600mg citric acid. (15mg per ml)

A gum like clump formed, 430mg worth (like BW's bufo photos). It was off white in color. Dried it and diced it with a razor. It originally dried quite hard but as I diced it more it became slight waxy. It's still crystal but with a slight stickiness to it.

It may crystalize better with a less citric acid and left to crash instead of shaken.

Anyway can confirm it worked don't know how I ended up with 430mg?

Edit: It has now become more of a gum and less white (more of a very light caramel).

Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Loveall
#6 Posted : 5/11/2022 11:15:12 PM

❀️‍πŸ”₯

Chemical expertSenior Member

Yes, this matches what I got, a good from EA pulls of DMT after salting with citric

Not sure why the mass is so high. The goo has water and extra citric acid, IDK.
πŸ’šπŸŒ΅πŸ’š Mescaline CIELO TEK πŸ’šπŸŒ΅πŸ’š
πŸ’šπŸƒπŸ’š Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEKπŸ’šπŸƒπŸ’š

_Trip_
#7 Posted : 5/11/2022 11:48:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It can't have been a h2o issue unless the jungle spice had h20 in it which i doubt it, it had been sitting for months. The EA is clear of h2o too.

Excess citric acid i guess? I only used 15mg per ml. Does anyone know the actually weight of DMT citrate. I can't find it anywhere. If i knew the weight i could adjust the amount of citric acid to better match it.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 5/13/2022 12:39:49 AM

Boundary Condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It looks like at least 2 grams of mixed harmala freebase will dissolve in 250mL room temperature butyl acetate. Some preliminary tests showed that citric acid precipitation is also viable. All that remains to be done is some hot pulls on rue seed base paste and, fingers crossed, we should be able to add the CIBLO harmala variant.

_Trip_ wrote:
Excess citric acid i guess? I only used 15mg per ml. Does anyone know the actually weight of DMT citrate. I can't find it anywhere. If i knew the weight i could adjust the amount of citric acid to better match it.
Didn't orchidist make that calculator app for things like this? Also available with hydration!

I'd have to update the spreadsheet to include DMT citrates, though.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli