We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Listening to Zelda music on Ayahausca Options

ControlledChaos
#1 Posted : 3/1/2022 7:55:08 PM

Nature is analog, ever flowing and continuous; spontaneous transfers of energy weaving in and out of dimensions, radiating outwards from the source- a non repeating, non terminating system of perpetual energy

I don't know if I'm the only person whose done this, but I feel like some of the music on Zelda Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask is some of the best music to listen to on Ayahausca. On my post about my last trip with it I mainly talked about the big realization near the end of my experience, but I'd like to discuss something that happened earlier on in that same trip.

So pretty much, I played the water temple theme from Ocarina of Time in a 30 minute loop at the peak of that trip and I will probably associate that song with that experience from now on. The music made my visuals and mind state go very mysterious. It was enchanting and hypnotic, it almost felt like something was trying to coax me in like a siren or something. A very surreal experience overall. I highly recommend that track (in a loop) to anyone wanting to experiment with music on Ayahausca.

I think a lot of tracks from those games make for an interesting Ayahausca experience. Great fairy fountain, astral observatory, forest temple, Zora's domain, potion shop, and so many others. Maybe it's just a personal thing for me because I grew up on these games but that music really speaks to me, especially on Ayahausca. Almost like that music and the experience of my soul are interconnected. That's really out there but yeah just wanted to share my experience with this because it really spoke to me.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

OliverJ
#2 Posted : 3/2/2022 1:54:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I played ocarina of time as a child. I am curious about your experience and will find and listen to these tracks...
Immediately my assumption is this would/could take my subconscious back to a simplier, happier time... and would likely set a particularly pleasant mindscape.

ControlledChaos
#3 Posted : 3/2/2022 7:37:27 PM

Nature is analog, ever flowing and continuous; spontaneous transfers of energy weaving in and out of dimensions, radiating outwards from the source- a non repeating, non terminating system of perpetual energy

OliverJ wrote:
I played ocarina of time as a child. I am curious about your experience and will find and listen to these tracks...
Immediately my assumption is this would/could take my subconscious back to a simplier, happier time... and would likely set a particularly pleasant mindscape.

You should. I'd especially recommend these tracks from the games:
Astral Observatory, Zora's Domain, Great Dairy Fountain, Water Temple, Forest Temple, Potion Shop, Zelda's Lullaby, Karirako Village, Song Of Storms, Clock Town, Final Hours

To me this music is timeless and magical. I've had a difficult time finding any music similar to the OOT soundtrack.