We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Flowers and Snakes Options

Brennendes Wasser
#1 Posted : 2/7/2022 10:31:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I was derping around with the microscope again and this time went for even higher-resolution. And I saw some stuff for the first time:

Long growing DMT-crystal-snakes.

Not sure if that is unusual though, I rarely watch it with the microscope obviously Confused Still it looks cool, so I wanna share.

The Microscope has a Deep-Scan function so everything would be once in focus, assembled to a full picture. Yet I like the normal mode much more, as the deep scan assembly makes it still a little blurry ... and the depth-of-field also has a stylo look.

If you want an even deeper look, go for Electron Microscopy here.

But first some *normal* Fotos from *normal* DMT Flowers. That stuff that we saw already quite often. Also I like that single DMT-Obelisk at the end. Laughing

Like with 5-MeO-DMT there were also some really cool prismatic effects, depending on the crystal orientation. As before crystals needed to be illuminated from top. Still, these effects were seen to a much smaller extent ...

Next up we have some crystallizing oil, meaning: The stuff was crashing out as brownish sludge, but in case that this is still pure Spice it will crystallize further, within the next hours. Still, these crystals look mostly crap macroscopically. But when zooming in they also revealed some very delicate structures, seen at the last zoomed-in picture. Quite unexpected that a formerly oiled out blob was giving that brittle feather shapes. Also you can nicely observe how the big bulk oil looks rather brown from top-light, while its outer brims slowly crystallize not too bad. Thumbs up

Now we are coming to these Snake-Structures. They are really cool. Normally I observed the flower-like DMT: Just a nucleation spot and some arms of branching crystals growing like a flower or sun all around clockwise.

But here it seems like a long propagating chain od crystals, not growing too much lateral, but only non-isotropic (is that an english word?).

Here is an assembled scan - stitched together. You can see with the top-light-mode how it is actually put to 1 piece. Maybe you can open the original file on the wiki to zoom in fully.

The background on the top-illumation file shows tiny fluid droplets. Well I observed this many times: Even though evaporating all the Hexane in a Nitrogen-Stream there still seem to be some droplets attached in the range of 5 - 10 µm. No idea why they wont go away? Can't imagine any strong adhesion forces on glass. A last monolayer of solvent might never fully desorb without real drying, but that monolayer would not be visible though ... Same was also observed with 5-MeO at the link further up - Crystals and glass bottom looked quite wet. Total length of these Snakes: Easily 1 cm Wut?

Lastly if you go to the absolute minimum of detection level at sub-100 µm you also can see some completely rectangle-shaped micro crystals. Quite cool that depending on crystallite size they may completely go off from that original flower shape that can also be observed by eye.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 2/8/2022 12:03:18 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Amazing pics BW, really nice work as ever.

In the last pair (I nearly wrote "past lair" Very happy ) of snake pics it looks as though a fragment of fiber acted as a nucleation site, although you seem to imply that the edge of the evaporating solvent pool is what gave rise to this remarkable shape.

In the middle picture showing the diffraction effects with the top lighting, there's a tiny face of Terence McKenna and a reptiloid alien Laughing
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
McKenna alien crystal labelled.png (866kb) downloaded 135 time(s).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Exitwound
#3 Posted : 2/8/2022 9:08:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

omg I think that reptiloid is passing TMK a fruit of knowledge! Though TMK doesn't seem too excited about it Big grin

P.s. sick photos BW!

Madam
#4 Posted : 2/9/2022 2:21:54 PM

Called to this...

Love your work. I too have a microscope and have been working on getting good photos.
Madam attached the following image(s):
fb pic 1.jpg (69kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
fb pic 6.jpg (26kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
Fri Jul 17 12-52-57 1.jpg (49kb) downloaded 113 time(s).
january 23 2022 1.jpg (79kb) downloaded 117 time(s).
january 23 2022 1.jpg (79kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
fb pic 4.jpg (61kb) downloaded 110 time(s).
Fri Jan 22 08-09-57.jpg (37kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
Sat Jul 18 09-50-28.jpg (88kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
Fri Jan 22 08-50-42.jpg (84kb) downloaded 112 time(s).
Tue Aug 11 13-45-10.jpg (53kb) downloaded 112 time(s).

Brennendes Wasser
#5 Posted : 2/17/2022 5:45:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Oh yes I remember your first post when you signed in - those crystals back then were way too crazy Love Shocked Crying or very sad

Same for above Cool