We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychedelics and spirituality Options

OliverJ
#1 Posted : 2/14/2022 1:41:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's been a long time since i've posted here. So hello friends old and new.

I hope this journey of life is treating you well and you are enjoying your travels!

Having now dabbled extensively in Ayahuasca, DMT and magic mushrooms I have a thought(s) in my mind which I wanted to share out loud with all of you here and see how it resonates. Please bear with me whilst I try and articulate Smile

In an Ayahuasca ceremony (years ago) I had an spiritual "awakening" so to speak. The truths and understandings which were smouldering within me burst into flames and a passionate roaring fire was lit.

This fire raged for a time. And is now smouldering again, a little brighter and stronger than before and I feel it will stay this way, because one cannot un-see that which has been seen.

I have done ayahuasca and DMT numerous times since. I have learnt many lessons and processed many thoughts and beliefs; the fire has at timed burned a little brighter but never an explosion as before.

I have cultivated hundreds of grams of mushrooms and have done as much as 7 grams dry over an evening. Mushrooms (sometimes) leave me with a fantastic feeling of connection to nature. A respect for the inter-connectedness of all things. It's beautiful. But I've never had an "awakening".

So I'm wondering, was the awakening a one time thing? I use my analogy of fire above because hopefully the analogy explains my meaning better than my words.

Has anyone here had the passionate fire of peace, love, understanding, harmony & contentment re-ignited after being lit a first time? If so how, or perhaps why?

Or do others shame a similar experience of having a revelatory life changing experience for one time only?

Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

OneIsEros
#2 Posted : 2/14/2022 2:15:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To make it consistent, develop certain skillsets.

Yoga, Tai Chi, Qigong, Anapanasati...

In indigenous cultures that use these things traditionally, there is more emphasis on drumming, chanting, dancing, singing, all done repetitively for many hours...

Plus follow the traditional "diet" which indigenous cultures approached ALL psychedelics with (not just ayahuasca! - mushroom shamans follow the exact same "diet" of no spice/grease/salt/sugar/sex ).

Set/setting is important, but skillset is probably the most important factor. And in cultures outside the indigenous/mestizo cultures which have traditions built around these things, the most neglected. We approach these things passively, and what you get from that approach is reliance on luck.

Repetition over many, many hours is the thing that links all the skills. It requires stamina, both mental and physical.

I have had success with meditation and yoga. I meditate for three hours every day, and have done so for many years. I will be doing more yoga soon because my body is giving me problems, and I think yoga is easier on LSD than meditation. I prefer meditation with mushrooms and ayahuasca, but LSD is so energetic I think yoga will work better with it.

OliverJ
#3 Posted : 2/14/2022 3:28:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OneIsEros wrote:
To make it consistent, develop certain skillsets.

Yoga, Tai Chi, Qigong, Anapanasati...

In indigenous cultures that use these things traditionally, there is more emphasis on drumming, chanting, dancing, singing, all done repetitively for many hours...

Plus follow the traditional "diet" which indigenous cultures approached ALL psychedelics with (not just ayahuasca! - mushroom shamans follow the exact same "diet" of no spice/grease/salt/sugar/sex ).

Set/setting is important, but skillset is probably the most important factor. And in cultures outside the indigenous/mestizo cultures which have traditions built around these things, the most neglected. We approach these things passively, and what you get from that approach is reliance on luck.

Repetition over many, many hours is the thing that links all the skills. It requires stamina, both mental and physical.

I have had success with meditation and yoga. I meditate for three hours every day, and have done so for many years. I will be doing more yoga soon because my body is giving me problems, and I think yoga is easier on LSD than meditation. I prefer meditation with mushrooms and ayahuasca, but LSD is so energetic I think yoga will work better with it.

Thank you for your reply. This makes absolute sense.

For instance, when practicing yoga i find this to be consistently grounding and calming, providing a sense of deep peace. It would be logical to assume the benefit would be amplified during a psychedelic session.

You have provided food for thought, for which I am grateful.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 2/14/2022 3:33:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I find there is multiplicity in awakening and a variety of kinds of awakening in some senses, it's a one time experience. In another sense it is ongoing, such as throughout life. There are others that are effectively reminders of a sort.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽