We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
An Aqueous-Organic Extraction Method for the Isolation and Identification of Psilocin from Hallucino Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 1/15/2022 10:32:50 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

So this is the 1985 Casale paper, which describes an A/B approach to isolation of psilocin; it's the third time I've performed it, the previous two did not yield anything active. This time around, I performed LCMS analysis, the scan is attached. mass accuracy may be off (M +3), and the parent ion looks like a dimer of the base peak (207 m/z). 191 is likely DMT, 145 is 3-vinylindole, ubiquitous ion in tryptamine MS analysis.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 1/15/2022 10:38:22 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I also ran a methanolic extract of dried fruiting bodies, which gave nothing but noise, prompting me to do an A/B.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Vegeta28
#3 Posted : 2/6/2022 2:28:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi! love your work benz, thanks for all. I do the a/b a few times.
I see in a table if the calculs are rigth, that in a PH of 8 the freebase form are 25% of psilocin , PH 9 is 77%, and PH 11 99%. I read people doing at ph 9.8 aprox and claim good result. i test 8 and 9.8 and 9.8 give me more yelds. The oxidation at HI PH happen because the o2 and ligth? if i do all in inert atmosphere and din ligth can i promt HI pH extraction for best yelds? I think of the use of a scavenger(metabisulfite) in water or bubbling noble gas

thanks
regards

benzyme
#4 Posted : 2/6/2022 2:49:48 AM

analytical chemist

sounds like a promising experiment Big grin
I've always suggested, and apparently so does recent literature, to salt the basic extract with ascorbic acid, for stability.