We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Gratitude Options

Tomtegubbe
#1 Posted : 9/10/2021 11:33:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd like to hear stories of what you are grateful for.

To sum what DMT has given me is gratitude for life. I've been going through some tough inner battles, but ayahuasca has never suggested to give up. I felt today like I have put some personal battles to the past and found some inner and outer harmony. I'm grateful for gift of life and especially sober life. 🙏

My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 9/11/2021 2:17:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

There's a long list of little things, commonly taken for granted, that I could go on and on with (clean drinking water, reliable food sources, the individuals who grow, prepare, and transport our food, functional electrical grid in my area, a steady and decently paying job, general "first world" comforts, etc).

There's gratitude for the earth and the ancestors that have led to the growth, stability, and awareness I possess.

Gratitude for my loving family and interpersonal connections.

Gratitude for this community, and all those that I have begun bonding with in deep ways (:loveSmile

Gratitude for the entheogens produced by our planet that provide connections, fulfillment, awareness, growth, etc.

Gratitude for myself and the hard work that I put into my transformation.

Gratitude for the balanced benevolent forces that operate around the world.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

null24
#3 Posted : 9/11/2021 3:53:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Admittedly it has been difficult for me to find things to be grateful for as of late. I don't need to elucidate about the state of things, nobody can deny that it isn't good. I wish I could say that it is any better in my personal life, this year has been one of loss, grief, sadness and anger that just does not seem to want to let up despite my best efforts to make it better.

That said, just yesterday I was posting on another (mental health) forum about this, and how I am just beginning to see all of it not as an evil force bent on destroying me but rather as a gift from the universe designed to force me into aligninment with my ethics, values and worldview. I feel like I have never been a truly authentic version of myself, and my desire to present myself as something other than in order to please other people who I never see or talk to, and most of whom aren't even alive, but whose voices ring in my head nevertheless has annihilated my freedom and smothered my creativity.

So... I am grateful for this incredibly painful gift, and to at last catch a glimpse through my self-delusion of the true version of myself, and to be alive to reach for him. And hopefully to be of service to others suffering through the wisdom of this experience once I do, indeed survive it.

Because (Pleased

Love
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Tomtegubbe
#4 Posted : 9/17/2021 11:22:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:

That said, just yesterday I was posting on another (mental health) forum about this, and how I am just beginning to see all of it not as an evil force bent on destroying me but rather as a gift from the universe designed to force me into aligninment with my ethics, values and worldview. I feel like I have never been a truly authentic version of myself, and my desire to present myself as something other than in order to please other people who I never see or talk to, and most of whom aren't even alive, but whose voices ring in my head nevertheless has annihilated my freedom and smothered my creativity.
This is very beautifully put, null24, after you having shared your struggles with us.

DMT entered my life in a stage when I was pretty lost about who I am. The begging was difficult. I didn't know how to navigate the hyperspace because I didn't know my values. Today I am so grateful about what the DMT turned out to be and how it has changed, because I have been willing to learn and reconsider myself.

Also, I'm very grateful for this community. It's amazing to know there are other people on the same pursuit, doing this hobbit in a respectful and constructive way.

🙏 "You have to keep on walking on the road to Zion."
My preferred method:

Dirty T
#5 Posted : 9/18/2021 9:44:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am grateful for my life, my sobriety, my family, my pets, my job, the list goes on and on.

The thing about gratitude is it's an action. I practice gratitude by helping others freely with no expectations of anything in return. It's the practice of altruism in its purest sense. I have come to a point in my life where it is important to me to keep this attitude and practice gratitude in everything I do.

I am so happy I found this site. I was so excited when I made full member. It's a really good feeling to be a part of this community with like minded individuals.

null24
#6 Posted : 9/19/2021 11:13:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
doing this hobbit...

Hey man, speak for yourself, we don't need to know EVERYTHING!Laughing

A little PnP never hurt anyone, eh?Wut?

Oh, boy. I'll be here all night.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

slane
#7 Posted : 9/19/2021 11:45:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am grateful for my parents and my sister who have always believed in me.

I am grateful for my friends who have done the same.

I am grateful to have known friendly and loving pets growing up, in particular two dogs.

I am grateful for the ability to know that I am here, having a continuous experience of sensation(s), unique and fleeting.

(Subset of the above) I am grateful for tasty food. Laughing

I am grateful for my cozy, warm and dry bed to rest in whenever I please.

This could go on for a while!

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 9/20/2021 12:30:27 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The great thing about gratitude is that it opens us to recieve more of the good stuff. And I'm grateful for that.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Tomtegubbe
#9 Posted : 9/20/2021 5:30:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:
doing this hobbit...

😄 Oh, man. It must have been the elves who made me write that.
My preferred method:

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 9/20/2021 10:30:03 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Tomtegubbe wrote:
null24 wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:
doing this hobbit...

😄 Oh, man. It must have been the elves who made me write that.

What - they were at the diminutive people's gang-bang too?

Whatever floats your boat Big grin

In an attempt to stay on-topic, here is a quote:

"When you feel gratitude you accept the universe for what it is and tell your subconscious, "I'd like some more of that please!""

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Icyseeker
#11 Posted : 9/26/2021 9:02:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:

The thing about gratitude is it's an action. I practice gratitude by helping others freely with no expectations of anything in return. It's the practice of altruism in its purest sense. I have come to a point in my life where it is important to me to keep this attitude and practice gratitude in everything I do.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I could not have said it any better.

I am grateful for my loving family.
I am grateful for my health.
I am grateful for this online community. Love
I am grateful for my offline community.
I am grateful for the current life lesson that I am learning despite the negative emotions that I have been struggling with.

May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

null24
#12 Posted : 9/26/2021 11:30:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
I am grateful for my life, my sobriety, my family, my pets, my job, the list goes on and on.

I am so happy I found this site. I was so excited when I made full member. It's a really good feeling to be a part of this community with like minded individuals.

As a newer member, I just want to tell you that you have made some great contributions and that I really appreciate your style. You have consistently said good stuff. I bet it won't take nine years for you to get some kind of little icon, ahem.Razz

You just encapsulated the idea of loving kindness, which for some is the hardest thing to grasp, let alone practice. For some of us who have endured adversity it comes a little easier, but still it is a alien concept in this greed culture. Good on you. I'm grateful to hear this.

I am grateful today for having the opportunity next week to begin doing some somatic work with a new provider and also to meet a new therapist with whom I hope I will be doing some EMDR. I have tried to engage like this before but was unable to do the work out of the fear of the discovery that will happen and not having the support network to hold me when I fall apart, but I have worked very hard to put this in place and finally have it.

I am grateful today to be finally know that I deserve my next tattoo, which I will be giving myself this week with needle and thread in a personal ceremony and ritual. A friend will document the process I will be doing the Surivor's Mark, a semicolon on my wrist under a self-harm scar.Love

Life is life, and life is good.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Tomtegubbe
#13 Posted : 1/7/2022 4:46:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Encapsulated lemon essential oil has been a definite game changer for me. I am very grateful to the person who came up with this idea and wanted to share this.
My preferred method:

Fridge
#14 Posted : 1/27/2022 7:00:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am grateful for this thread to remind me of showing appreciation and being grateful for all the good things in my life. Sometimes I become unaware of these things and I am sure I am not the only one... so thank you Tomtegubbe.

I am grateful for being able to live the life I am living right now. I am grateful for all the things, positive and negative, that led me to this point in time and space and that made me who I am.
...no need to worry...

RhythmSpring
#15 Posted : 1/28/2022 2:44:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm grateful for my gratitude
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken