We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Mushroom tea Options

Dirty T
#21 Posted : 1/27/2022 5:38:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
My preferred method for ingestion of fresh shrooms is to prepare a juice from it. You can use a juicer, smoothie mixer or blender, or manually mash them and press the juice out with help of some cloth.
To help the extraction I add little bit of water, cold water is ok, warm is probably better, hot is likely the best option to try to kill bacteria. But I use just lukewarm water to not risk degradation of psilocin or any other heat sensitive tryptamine present.
I also always add lime or lemon juice.

Psylocibin has a boiling point of 924* F and Psilocin has a boiling point of 739* F which is why it's not vapeable (No one has ever successfully vaped or smoked psilocybin or psilocin, I've seen the stories and they are absolute nonsense and outright lies or people given DMT and told it was psilocybin. It's a scientific impossibility even without the fact that psilocin itself is highly unstable and if you could vaporize it, it would burn up the actives before they ever hit your lungs. To top it all off inhaling fungus of any kind is a bad idea, your lungs are a wet damp area at the perfect temperature for fungal growth and fungal infections are real and deadly) short of setting it on fire heat degradation of psilocybin is a complete non issue. That's a long time old "hippie myth" and the reason people do things like use fans and dessicant to dry them rather than doing it properly in a dehydrator. The causes of potency loss are oxidization from exposure to oxygen or sunlight.

Didn't mean to de rail, just read this post and saw the statement about heat degradation and wanted to interject. There is no such thing as degrading the actives in magic mushrooms through heat short of boiling all the liquid out of the pot resulting in an inactive gunk smoldering on the bottom of the pot.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

doubledog
#22 Posted : 1/27/2022 6:53:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience, some fresh mushrooms give slightly different effects than dried.
I would describe it as more visionary, euphoric and vivid. It's noticeable mostly in some woodlovers species, not much in cubensis and not present in grasslovers. At least that I tried.
I do not know what causes it, for years I thought it's psilocin, now am more inclined to aeruginascin.

Fresh juice method is directly targeting this effect.

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 1/28/2022 1:21:57 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I agree with doubledog to some extent regarding the subjective effects of fresh shrooms - although it was the fresh cubensis I found to be particularly vivid and visionary. It may have been a particularly good batch that along with the set and setting made for an especially memorable, and utterly profound, experience. In that sense, it would be far less likely to be aeruginascin than it would be psilocin.

Recent research appears to suggest that aeruginascin would have more of a ganglionic blocking effect, very possibly playing a role in woodlovers' paralysis.

The truth be told, I've had hits and misses with various different active species but the misses were almost exclusively with the dried material. This suggests to me that a major factor in the subjective difference is decline in the amount and/or the availability of psilocin in the dried material.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV12