We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings and thank you from a newb Options

Airsickness
#1 Posted : 1/18/2022 7:49:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone.
I just want to thank everyone for their helpful contributions to this site. I have been lurking here quite a while before joining. I have been interested in psychedelics for a short while now. I am coming to them much later in my life than most. So far swim has been on five excursions with DMT. First couple were unsuccessful using a Yocan pen and spice that was extracted from MHRB. Neither had created a breakthrough experience, although extremely enlightening. Two weeks ago following OlyMon’s Tec swim made some Changa. Using a GRAV bong, two attempts were made at breaking through. My wife is a professional woman and would probably frown on my quest for enlightenment in this manner but I feel I must. Which is the other source of stress while smoking. As silly as it sounds if I die at my dining room table I don’t want her to find me with a bong in front of me at 53 years old. I'm considering a GVG if the reviews I've read are accurate.
I honestly think the problem is doing it alone. I can see the value in having a sitter but I know nobody in my circle of professional types that I could trust. Swim never smoked anything in his life prior to this. So we find it difficult. The first time swim smoked DMT he was terrified he wasn’t coming back which made me think he was holding on too tight and unable to get from the experience what was available. The other issue is it just feels like he's not getting enough into his lungs and holding it. Today's experience came on extremely fast and was unable to take a second hit before blasting off. But was always aware of the feeling of his hand touching the table next to him.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Bill Cipher
#2 Posted : 1/18/2022 8:18:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome. Fellow old man over here. You’ve come to the right place for sure.

The GVG is a very handy tool, both for leaf blends and for straight freebase, if you melt your dose into a health stone. A sitter/drill sergeant can be very helpful in getting over the hump. At a certain point, if you want to go further, you’re going to need to get a larger dose in ya. Having someone there to push you beyond your comfort zone can make all the difference in the moment.

Airsickness
#3 Posted : 1/18/2022 8:22:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Bill.
I learned quickly that what goes in the glass isn't what gets in the lungs.
I wish there was a pill I could swallow because smoking really isn't my jawn.
Should get more effective with practice.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 1/19/2022 12:13:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Airsickness wrote:
As silly as it sounds if I die at my dining room table I don’t want her to find me with a bong in front of me at 53 years old.

Laughing Classic.

Airsickness wrote:
I'm considering a GVG if the reviews I've read are accurate.

I just got one and it's my new go-to changa pipe. It's pretty awesome.

Airsickness wrote:
Swim never smoked anything in his life prior to this. So we find it difficult.

If it makes you feel any better, you should be vaporizing it. Very happy

Airsickness wrote:
The first time swim smoked DMT he was terrified he wasn’t coming back...

May be something you wanna get used to because though I've been using DMT for years, every now and then I come across an experience that makes me think exactly the same.

Airsickness wrote:
which made me think he was holding on too tight and unable to get from the experience what was available.

Surrender and BE free.

Airsickness wrote:
I honestly think the problem is doing it alone

This is the case for many. It's a scary ineffable experience and you won't always get the same thing twice.

My two cents; at this point, maybe only shoot for breakthroughs when you have someone trusted with you to assuage any trepidation you may be experiencing. Presently, load enough for a sub-breakthrough or lower until you get the hang of things and then begin to scale up once you're feeling more comfortable.

And welcome to the Nexus.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Tomtegubbe
#5 Posted : 1/19/2022 7:34:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Airsickness wrote:

I wish there was a pill I could swallow because smoking really isn't my jawn.

There is. It's called pharmahuasca. You can eat the plant material.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Airsickness
#6 Posted : 1/19/2022 7:03:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm grateful for the replies.
I give it a couple weeks to process what was experienced.
I'll look into the Pharmahuasca. It took some time before swim was comfortable with extraction and changa making. I'm sure it'll come to him.
Peace out.
K

Airsickness
#7 Posted : 1/23/2022 11:36:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I ordered a GVG on Friday.
Gonna try what's left of my Changa over the next couple weeks.
Doing a MHRB extraction right now so I will have some spice when the GVG gets here.
Thanks again for the replies.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 1/26/2022 3:18:41 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hello and welcome.

Another one here - I'm getting on a bit myself, that stage of life where bits start to look like they might drop off.

Tomtegubbe wrote:
There is. It's called pharmahuasca. You can eat the plant material.
Indeed - and just to make sure, here's a link to the section of the forum dedicated to pharmahuasca.

Before following this route, be sure to read the [Harmalas] MAOI Drug Interaction Disclaimer. Certain medications and other drugs are incompatible and possibly dangerous in combination with harmala alkaloids.

Fortunately, there is also the option of sublingual dosing - one thread that may be of interest is "| High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | DMT sublingually active under tongue" although not everyone reports success with that method.

Meanwhile, addressing the issue of the difficulty of taking a second hit, it's both a matter of technique (practice) and choice of vaporization device. One hit breakthroughs are certainly a distinct possibility with an e-mesh RDA device [there is also a direct e-mesh thread in the Welcome Areawhere new members can post], and lately success has been reported using a Storz and Bickel Plenty vape which is a convection-based setup.

An arguable advantage of the electronic devices is that you're not left holding a scalding hot pipe when suddenly propelled into hyperspace. Someone reported getting a large blister on their thumb after failing to notice they were holding the GVG bowl while under the influence, although this is a rare occurrence.

Another thing that you may find helpful is the DMT vaping guide.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Airsickness
#9 Posted : 1/27/2022 3:35:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All good replies and I thank you all. Downward, I have read the Pharmahuasca thread a couple times along with the MAOI warnings.
I'm just not following what's required. I don't know if I'm being thick or just over thinking it. Do I basically Swallow a capsule of powdered Cappi that I have and a short time later swallow a capsule Ive filled with spice?