We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
plenty vaporizer improving .. Options

starway7
#1 Posted : 1/19/2022 2:21:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all anyone who has a expensive.. [three hundred dollar].. plenty vape sitting in their closet gathering dust...

I think i found out how to use it with the product...without having to use twice as much to get results...

I paid a high price for my Storz-Bickel... plenty vaporizer but it didnt want to work very well for spice..so it sat for the last 7 or 8 months in my closet gathering dust....

I think most of the problem was with the... metal coiled stem ..[reason one] ...it was adding un needed restriction in the metal tube..

Also...[reason two] it was..[ over cooling].. the vapor too fast!.. causing a lot of the spice to crystalize inside the coiled metal tubbing...causing the need to use over twice the normal amount of spice just to get decient effects!

This testing is early..but so far im happy...and i will be improving my.. plenty.. over the next week or so... but so far..

Agreed .. the plenty.. just as it is... is great for all dry herbs !!..But for other products it needs some tweeking... ive found much better performance by [NOT] using the coiled metal stem it came with....,.

AND instead.. using a more open larger diamiter stem...and i find it feels less restrictive and delivers the vapor pretty quick!

I didnt even fill the bowl more than 2/3rds full of caapi leafe that only had 6 drops of spice tincture]...and it vaped all of the spice and caapi leaf fairly quickly]

and the small 10 to 12 mgs of wax infused caapi leaf... i felt very strongly the vapor was so smooth and clean that i was buzzed even before i realized it..it was getting visual pretty fast..

The vapor from the plenty ..[like its cousin..the volcano] was super smooth and super clean....

I only used a [10 inch long clear peice of vinal tubing].. [as a test]... just to see if it would work better.. and it did!

I plan on getting a glass stem possibly with a small bubbler..to improve it...

They say if i get a ..bowl reducer]... for the plenty it will work even better ..so thats a posibility in future..

With the original metal coiled tubing it came with ...the air flow was too restrictive...and i suspect the spice was crystalizing inside the coiled aluminum tubing ...

But i could tell a fast improvement just using a bigger diamiter stem AND...the vapor going through 8 to 10 inches of stem came through ...[light clean and almost tastless

i plan more improvments to my... [[plenty vape] possibly adding a small carberator air hole to increase air flow even more....

Any one out there that still owns a .. storx-Bickel ..[PLENTY vape] you may get it work much better ..NOT..using the origional coiled metal stem..instead a less restrictive larger diamiter normal pipe stem...

not shure if it will work with straight freebase? but all you need is just a little herb to infuse it intoThumbs up

the vapor quality is even cleaner than ..[most].. direct EMesh mods....

i think its called ....[conduction heating?]] ...heating only with clean heated air..its nearly imposible to burn the spice!

i think the .. the traveler..owned a ..plenty..years back.. when they first came out...

It you get better results with ..your plenty vape please post your sucess!

[ps] No the vapor was not hot at all !Thumbs up convection vaping rules Thumbs up
starway7 attached the following image(s):
DSC09988.JPG (2,736kb) downloaded 471 time(s).
DSC09990.JPG (2,695kb) downloaded 467 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Rolinwama
#2 Posted : 1/19/2022 3:27:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I agree the long metal tube in the original mouthpiece would recrystallize DMT early before it reaches the mouth. Same happens with Mighty and the original plastic cooling top, it is actually very efficient at cooling. I think all glass, short as possible pathway would be optimal. The bubbler makes the vape even more neutral for taste and lungs. The default mouthpieces S&B include are just too good at cooling and the spice recrystallizes with them.

starway7
#3 Posted : 1/21/2022 3:26:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Still testing ..tonight i had some great luck with my...plenty.. [storz and bickel] vaporizer...Thumbs up

I think i tryed something tonight i think.. no one else has tryed with the vaporizer...And it worked very well!

Most people who just vape dry herbs love this product because of the high quality vapor it makes just using heated air!

My plenty vape has been sitting in closet for close to a year because i wasnt happy with its performance with spice..

there has been good reports of using changa in it over the months...but it usually took more than twice the spice to give any effects...and that was wastefull...

Getting to the point ive discovered two weaknesses the plenty had with spice...

[one]...The spiril metal stem is [no good] for spice vaping...because i think it cools the vapor so fast it crystalized inside the stem ..very little spice getting to the mouth....

[two]...there was problems with the oversized bowl when it was used for spice or changa! a person often had to use more than twice as much product to get any decent results...

[three] when trying to take a pull with the original stem it came with ..i found it hard to get enough effective vapor without pulling really deep and hard ...and all the time spice was crystalizing inside the stem..being wasted!

Well Tonight i tryed again using a temporary home made pipe stem with a small carberator air flow hole i put into it...

Now my discovery tonight !.. worked very well! when i tryed loading a very small couple pinches of crushed caapi leaf ... [directly on top of the heat exchanger screen]..instead of using the normal vaping chamber...

After putting just a thin layer of cappi leaf ..[on top of the heat exchanger screen].. i then droppered only 6 drops of product tincture on top of the cappi and alowed the alcohol to compleatly evaporate... those 6 drops of tincture .. my guess.. was only [about 12 to 15 mgs of spice]

An hour later i tryed vaping the mixture... and it worked great..as after it heated up set on [number 6]...it clicked off and i tryed to vape ..not expecting much success.. i put my finger over the air flow hole on the stem took a normal pull... and noticed vapor was comming fast!

I then pulled just a little harder and to my surprise i got a nice full hit as i blew out the greyish vapor it wasnt hot at all!...and i felt it hitting me pretty quickly!

Now the plenty was performing very good like it should!

I took a total of two hits..and i believe most of the spice vaped on first try !Big grin

Because on the third try ... there wasnt much left .. just some brownish [un burnt leafe material]

Now.. It was easy to get a full hit on first try...

I think i might be able to vape 30 mgs on first try ..it performed so well!

below are photos of ..[the green un vaped leafe]..and... [after the leaf was vaporized]..it didnt even blacken or burn the leaf material! [just turned it a little brown..!]

I may be able to vape straight product if i can rig up a proper setup..

Any way it only took using a couple pinches of leaf material.. is all it took to act as a carrier and prevent spice from dripping down into inside of the vaporizer..

So i found the changing the stem...and putting the material right on top of the heat chamber screen.... gave a faster heat up... and much better results..not using the origional twisted stem it came with..

and...[putting the spice infused herb ..[directly on top of the lowest heating chamber screen] improved the heating of the.. [ product /herb mixture].. and when the normal chamber was screwed on top of heating chamber ..it kept the small amount of ..[herb/spice mixture] compressed nicely ...
[in place]... so it would stay compressed against the heating screen..without moving no matter how you held or tilted the vaporizer...[the top screen does.. NOT..reduce air flow ..but slows it just a tiny amount ..just enough for the herb to vaporize nicely ..while still alowing good air flow!

the other improvement.. was to .. NOT.. use the vaporizer stem that it came with.. because the product was cooled too fast causing early crystalization inside the pipe stem preventing too much spice from entering the mouth..[and wasting spice ]

i instead used a simple ..[test stem with a carberator hole].. to increase air flow...

ive tryed this last night and after it reached heating temperature..i got a decent full hit of vapor that was quite efffective! [a big change from how it performed before re designing it a little ..

hope this makes sense...anyone with a plenty should try this minor re design of mine..Thumbs up

anyone with a plenty gathering dust should try this method...Thumbs up and please report your results here on the nexus!!Smile

photos below....

DSC09994.JPG (2,539kb) downloaded 416 time(s).
DSC09996.JPG (2,876kb) downloaded 416 time(s).
DSC09991.JPG (2,552kb) downloaded 415 time(s).
DSC09999.JPG (3,063kb) downloaded 411 time(s).
DSC09998.JPG (2,592kb) downloaded 411 time(s).
DSC09989.JPG (2,397kb) downloaded 411 time(s).
DSC09990.JPG (2,695kb) downloaded 411 time(s).
DSC09988.JPG (2,736kb) downloaded 411 time(s).

Dirty T
#4 Posted : 1/21/2022 8:34:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got out my Falcon cold start again last week. It works great with the xtal tip. No more carts for me.

starway7
#5 Posted : 1/22/2022 1:40:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
I got out my Falcon cold start again last week. It works great with the xtal tip. No more carts for me.

Hi Dirty T]..well that sounds great...Ive heard of those units before!

Good luck and enjoy!Thumbs up

starway7
#6 Posted : 1/22/2022 2:11:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well i found out that my .Storz-Bickel.. [plenty vape]...worked beautyfull with pure product ..!

I was worried that it would just melt and fall through...but i made a carrier out of some aluminum pipe screens!

I did it by folding two screens [in a zig zag pattern] then placing one fine mesh flat screen under the two sandwished folded screens...

This should work even better with freebase crystal placed on top of the screens...

I had to use product tincture i droppered onto the foulded mesh screen..then alowed the alcohol to evaporate then placed the screen carriers ontop of the lowest heat screen..just above the heat chamber...
I set the [plenty] at number 6 setting and let it heat up...i initially thought this would just be a failed test ending in wasted spice... ...but was i pleasently surprised!! .. my fine screen carriers held it long enough for it to reach .. vaping temperature

[[EVERY Mg..EVERY MOLECULE... VAPED WITH PERFECTION!! NOTHING WASTED ....
[near imposible to burn any product!

...makes your spice last much longer! .. with storz-Bickel.. perfect convection heat ..no harmfull gasses to inhale.. no combusted particles to enter lungs...vapor comes out cool tasteless
and strongly powerfull and visual..
Ive found ..even a very small sub dose of.. [perfectly vaporized product]. ..can be very effective...and humbling experiance!

Then i took one light hit..and felt a little molecule effect... then the second hit...
[using airflow carberator]..and there it came to me as white as a cloud ..it just rushed up and hit me fairly hard ..but the vapor was ...[clean tastless and pure!Thumbs up

This was the purest vapor ive ever experianced... and soo smooth...not hot..very smooth..and very visual !

This was only from .[[three little drops]].. of spice tincture!

I guess this shows the higher the vapor purity..the less it takes to get you there!

I layed down for 25 minutes experiancing great closed eye visuals and on such a low dose?!:

I observed many faces...landscapes...and a never ending universe of free floating colorfull forms...even these clear tube things i could see objects inside the tubes moving and twisting everywhere like cosmic snakes...
winding winding all over in an inner space galaxy!

All this on just three drops of tincture?Laughing

those drops were only equal to about 6 to 10 mgs of pure product..had i used 20 or 30 mgs...

OMG ! had i went that high dosage... on such purity.. it would have been a breakthrough im shure!

So on this test [the plenty vape produced the purest vapor ive ever experianced in my life!]

More pure than most direct EMESH vapes! I would say...

Yes it works well using my screen carriers..but im concidering using ..[ceramic vapor stones]. if i can make them fit between the two lowest screens..ill post pictures down below.....

this proves with a little redesigning...you dont need to wast high amounts of product in the
[ PLENTY VAPE!] considering i just vaped all of my [6 to 10 mgs of FB] without any problem!! !!Cool

[[[anyone who owns a plenty and trys this method...please report your results here on the nexus!]Smile

convection vaping rulesThumbs up
DSC00165.JPG (2,247kb) downloaded 378 time(s).
DSC00167.JPG (2,607kb) downloaded 378 time(s).
DSC00171.JPG (2,869kb) downloaded 379 time(s).
DSC00173.JPG (2,685kb) downloaded 378 time(s).
DSC00168.JPG (2,747kb) downloaded 376 time(s).
DSC00169.JPG (2,758kb) downloaded 377 time(s).
DSC00170.JPG (2,979kb) downloaded 376 time(s).
DSC00172.JPG (2,692kb) downloaded 375 time(s).
DSC00166.JPG (2,443kb) downloaded 371 time(s).

Dirty T
#7 Posted : 1/22/2022 3:33:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you. I have never used a plenty vape (well actually I may own one weirdly enough. I have a similar very expensive device that was given to me by a friend but don't know the name of it. I have barely ever used it but this thread gives me new ideas, thank you Starway!) but I think you're on to something with the idea of excessive cooling leading to inefficient vapor delivery. I have tried several different ways of vaporizing and recently built a device out of 2 1 quart jars that 2 vape pens attach to then are filled with vapor before the carburetor is released and vapor is inhaled. It takes around 30 seconds to fill the jars and seems like the DMT starts crashing and sticking to the walls of the jars before it can be inhaled which I find to be a very strange phenomena but never the less frustrating. This is what lead me to approach the Falcon again but this time with the xtal tip rather than the concentrate chamber. (I have hesitated to this point to use external heat for DMT but have come to learn for me personally when I do lose motor function it is always preceded by a short period of time, maybe 30 seconds before this happens giving me plenty of time to return the hot device to it's base without burning myself or anything else). I have noticed that the glass diffusion bulb on the top of the Falcon is now collecting crystals in it. I find this to be strange as well but with roughly 10% of the surface area of the jar system it is much more effective and efficient and the vapor is smooth and comparable to the former leading me to believe the jar system is overkill. I will be following this thread and your results because it sounds like you are working some kinks out of the vaporization method that could be applied to any of thousands of devices. Very cool Starway7! Thank you.

starway7
#8 Posted : 2/2/2022 1:44:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

in the process of changing my plentys design hopefully to improve its performance..

but still... finding where the tiny air flow vent is..is important ...

It now has its own stand...and the my work continues....

in photo below...i built a stand for my plenty..
DSC00180.JPG (2,855kb) downloaded 276 time(s).
DSC00179.JPG (2,504kb) downloaded 276 time(s).
DSC00178.JPG (2,709kb) downloaded 276 time(s).
DSC00177.JPG (2,429kb) downloaded 277 time(s).
DSC00181.JPG (2,338kb) downloaded 278 time(s).

starway7
#9 Posted : 2/3/2022 1:47:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I went to a much smaller and lighter water chamber [instead of a glass spice jar] the taller heavyer glass one pictured above....

i am now useing a smaller.. [clear plastic jar].......
[a fish bait jar that had marshmellows in it]...and almost 2/3rds of an inch of water works fine..

I used as large tubing as i could for increased air flow...3/8 and 1/2 inch clear vinal tubbing ...

the two [nylon].. barbed air line connections from hardware store.. were super glued...
the vapor intake threaded into plastic jar lid .... and sealed with super glue...the vapor exit simply superglued on top.

I used the origional mouth peice that came with the [plenty vape] ..it works fine ..and drawing through the water is easy enough...

caution!..[NEVER..blow into the mouth peice!... because it may push the water into the heating chamber.and posibly damage the vaporizer!

[base cut from the bottom of a plastic container..also superglued 12 thin stainless steel washers to give a more stable base support...3 washers in each corner.. or added untill level..

superglued base to side of device...and aded two very short screws to each side...
[carfully [missing]... not contacting... anything electronic !] [drill 4 [shallow] ..tiny holes so the tiny short screws go in tight!

More ideas comming...
DSC00185.JPG (2,694kb) downloaded 257 time(s).
DSC00184.JPG (2,882kb) downloaded 258 time(s).
DSC00183.JPG (2,476kb) downloaded 256 time(s).
DSC00186.JPG (3,031kb) downloaded 251 time(s).
DSC00187.JPG (2,190kb) downloaded 251 time(s).
DSC00188.JPG (3,229kb) downloaded 217 time(s).

starway7
#10 Posted : 2/6/2022 1:10:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

changing ideas...added copper tubing because its closer to the heat..plus a small carberator hole for increased air flow when toking..

snug fitting..clear vinal tubing connecting and sealing air flow joints..

[bubbler unit] un plugs very easy.. with a twist from vaporizer for storage when not in use..also alowing use with origional metal twisted stem if you choose to use it...

[[[ NEVER!]]].. blow into the bubbler mouth peice ..! because it could push water into the heating chamber.. [when turned on].. and posibly damage vaporizer...

DSC00190.JPG (2,891kb) downloaded 207 time(s).
DSC00191.JPG (2,614kb) downloaded 205 time(s).
DSC00192.JPG (2,604kb) downloaded 202 time(s).
DSC00193.JPG (2,798kb) downloaded 203 time(s).

starway7
#11 Posted : 2/7/2022 7:58:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

when fitting the [copper .. brass .. or aluminum?] socket to the plastic air vent pictured above....[use patience]...you may have to .. [size it some]..by using a file and sanding it some untill it fits and seals properly.. and twists into the plastic easily ...[without stressing the plastic!]
adding a small amount of vaseline to the copper recepticle should make it twist in and twist out easier..
The plastic air vent is strong but not indestructable! be care full...dont force it..it should twist in and twist out easily..

The plenty vape.. will work ok sitting on its stand at 45 degree angle..but...[ holding unit upright ..[as verticle as possible].. will dirrect all the heat and speed up vaporization some..because heat ALWAyS rises upward ..helping dirrect 100 percent of the heat accuratly through the heating chamber ..

[test example] strike a match and hold it verticle...the flame goes straight up...

Then hold the lit match in horazontal position...the flame still goes straight up!

flame always rises up as does the heat energy..

more ideas comming..

starway7
#12 Posted : 2/20/2022 2:02:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

next change soon will be to use a..[ chamber reducer]..bowl reducer..i should get reducer soon..

you can order a [ plenty or volcano reducer] from ..[vapor.com]

concidering.... straight product or changa.. doesnt need a large bowl! to deliver plenty of effect..!

I think ...[reducing chamber size].. might concintrate heat better through the spice or changa mix...

Maybe reducing vaporization time some...and using less product!

I also hope to iliminate the fat stiff cord..replacing it with a short thinner more flexable cord..

maybe about a foot long that i can easilly plug into a more flexable thinner..[three wire].. extention cord...

potnoble
#13 Posted : 2/22/2022 11:16:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi starway

Lots of cool ideas. Maybe with the bowl reducer you can put either whole seeds or
harmala freebase in the bowl and the dmt on the concentrate pad above.
Should work great.
I am trying to improve the mouth piece and then try end of the week.
Will report back.

Have a gud one
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

starway7
#14 Posted : 2/23/2022 9:53:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

my new...plenty].. chamber reducer with dosing capsule came in...

spice or changa..or rue seed... shouldent need a large chamber...[in my opinion]

the larger chamber.. would be good for group of people vaping pot ...

see below the bowl size difference!
DSC09973.JPG (2,976kb) downloaded 103 time(s).