We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Snorting nn DMT.?.? Options

52-dsl
#1 Posted : 1/8/2012 2:35:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read somewhere you can also snort DMT, using a slightly larger dose than smoking. Personally, I'm under the assumption it would kinda be a waste considering it's a freebase, and would'nt absorb like an HCL.

So if anyone has done this, or atleast knows, I would appreciate some feedback. Or a trip report... Is it intense as smoking, last longer, ect? I don't want to waste my spice!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

O_pwn
#2 Posted : 1/8/2012 2:59:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes freebase does work. It is also painful about as much as accidentally inhaling water into your nose while taking a bath but lasts longer.

I personally took a 20 mg dose accurately weighed on a .000 scale. The onset was approximately 5 mins with a slow climax lasting 30 mins. At 10 mins though it reached the plateau.

If I would have took a full break through dose I think the experience would have been effected by the pain though because it lasts up till when you are blasting off.

Peace and Safe Divine Molecular Travels

U!^3>[ *~*

52-dsl
#3 Posted : 1/8/2012 4:11:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It would'nt burn as much if I converted it into an HCl b4 hand would it? I can never seem to smoke enough, by the 4th hit I'm usually incapable of smoking anymore, or burn myself, among other dumb things.. Don't have a maoi inhibitor, so I can't take orally.

It would be nice just to snuf some, actually have time to get comfortable b4 liftoff.

I was considering IV, lord knows I've already done every other drug that way b4. btw LSD does'nt work! I can't do it though, the whole past junkie thing associated with me and needles just turns me off. I think I'd have a bad tripSad And I don't IM anything. OUCH!

It's sure nice to have this forum! I'm the only person I know who's used DMT (besides 2 others I shared with), and for the most part even heard of it! So I have to learn everything by reading, and experience.

Ice House
#4 Posted : 1/8/2012 4:39:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

52-dsl wrote:

It would be nice just to snuf some, actually have time to get comfortable b4 liftoff.

LOL

Hmmmmmm , Me thinks that if you snort some you had better already be comfortable because you wont have time much time after you snort it.

The onset is much faster than you think.

FYI
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Lost travellier
#5 Posted : 1/8/2012 5:51:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@ O_pwn: Your message inspired me! If pain so small, that I follow to try freebase. But i all never snorted powder. Simply idea: that if to freebase to add the small bit NaCL? -Can help my nose?

oldtripper
#6 Posted : 1/8/2012 9:42:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Now snorting or rectal would confuse me on this. Unlike other substances it requires an addidive if in one form. now what I dont understand is waht is the MAOI for? for it to beable to work in the stomach or not be discarded? trying to figure out if straght dmt fumerate could be snorted. With that or rectal it is going on the bloodstream, not digested to liver. Why I am confused is that with coke, if it is in freebase form it will not absorb snorted or rectal. Now IV we know shouldnt be done wiht plant extracts, so when they did in tests it had to be in watersolubable form, so i would think that snort or rectal should be acetate or fumerate not freebase..am i correct?Wut?

Lost travellier
#7 Posted : 1/8/2012 11:46:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@oldtripper: This really complex subject! In outline can say that Spice (freebase or fumarate & other salts...) without MAOI act shorter, than with MAOI. Besides without MAOI Spice in general can not act (exclusive of smoking certainly). The exact answers hitherto are not found, but on forum was PLENTY OF information on this subject. Ingenious searching for!

O_pwn
#8 Posted : 1/8/2012 3:13:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All I can say is I've done freebase insufflation as stated before, it works with onset in five minutes, no hcl or others needed. Though the nostril pain could still effect the experience because you feel that within a minute and it doesn't go away until after you come down. I only did a third of a full break through dose so I just enjoyed the ride regardless.

It is much more portable than any pipe lol.
Peace and Safe Divine Molecular Travels

U!^3>[ *~*

52-dsl
#9 Posted : 1/9/2012 1:15:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm gonna go with the fumaric so I can atleast have a more neutral PH. Now, where to get?? Vitamin store? Local chemical supplier?

It would be great to be able to consume it that way and get the results I'm looking for as opposed to smoking. Convenience being a key factor.. It would be alot more conceilable rippin a quik bump off the side of my hand, no oder, no parafenalia (know I misspelled) laying around to worry about. I don't have the purdiest rap sheet around, I gotta worry about things like that.

Hyperspace Fool
#10 Posted : 1/9/2012 12:56:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The thread Ice House linked to was a long one that started in the middle of 2011 and proceeded with a number of advancements and a general progress in doing this ROA efficiently and consistently. Towards the very end of the thread in the late autumn, I personally discovered a major breakthrough which completely eliminated any burn. Post #146

The jist of it is to make a nasal solution for insufflation, and add a small amount of coconut cream to this. It works REALLY well.

While any freebase or salt should work, it seems to me that making your freebase into DMT Acetate is probably the way to go. Acetate is very hygroscopic and is pretty much always a goo.

HF's Concise Insufflation Method:

Take a quantity of freebase DMT and combine it with a very small amount of vinegar. (enough to cover the DMT)
Add an equal amount of warm water.
Add a knife tip of coconut cream. (preferably the fairly solid kind and organic/bio)
Stir, shake or swirl until well mixed.

This somewhat thick and cloudy liquid can be insufflated from a small spoon, a pippete, or ideally from a nasal spray with a fine atomizer effect. Most nasal sprays can be converted for this purpose rather easily.

Keep track of your weights and start off small.

Final note: There are a couple of ways to enhance this already great method. 1) Pre-dose with harmalas 2) add some harmalas to the solution 3) insufflate while on aya (even a low dose will make a difference) 4) take micro-vapes after insufflation to get breakthroughs 5) Add a tiny bit of pure Aloe Vera juice to the solution (I would use the pure juice designed for internal consumption or fresh product and not gels or creams)

These are optional additions because they are not necessary. The methodology outlined above will work foolproof with no modification. Simply start low 10-20mg DMT and work your way up. With a nasal spray, you can measure it out so that each pump is equivalent to 5mg or so. Then you can do a pump in each nostril wait a few minutes and note how you feel. Up the dosage a pump or two each time. This is important because heavy effects can be had with as little as 15mg yet some people require 100 or more to achieve their goal.

All the best
HF
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

52-dsl
#11 Posted : 1/9/2012 1:30:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks hyperspace fool. Very imformative. The only thing I'd modify is possibly use a syringe with the needle broken off instead of the nasal sprayer. Seems like it would be more accurate and get furthur up the nasal cavity.

Hyperspace Fool
#12 Posted : 1/9/2012 2:31:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ It doesn't need to get that far up there. In fact, too far back just speeds up the time until "the drip" occurs. I would think that keeping it in the nasal passages for as long as possible would be preferable to having a slurp of still active stuff go down into a stomach and digestive system teeming with MAO.

I tend to get a drip very quickly as it is. (I may have a deviated septom) The next improvement that I will try and make to the method is to get it as thick and gooey as possible with the intention that it stays put... keeping the amount of vinegar and water down to a bare minimum should help.

Any ideas for a safe thickening ingredient? I was thinking corn starch, maybe.

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

52-dsl
#13 Posted : 1/10/2012 1:27:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperspace fool: Swim tried the HF conise insufflation method with 30mg now swim got somewhat clear fluid with a glob of golden oil sitting in the bottom of the spoon.?.? Any suggestions?

52-dsl
#14 Posted : 1/10/2012 6:39:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The experiment was a successShocked

It was almost like a mini reX. I ended up with a little bump worth of crystal, and a clear gel after evaporation. I added a couple drops of water and it turned white. B4 hand, I adjusted the ph to about 7.5. I tooted the crystals, then snuffed the liquid via a needleless syringe. Absolutely no burn. Actually tasted good The onset was gradual took about 10 minutes to peak. Way different than smoking! Lasted a good half hour too. Very colorful and imformative. It definately felt more like a heavy acid or shroom trip but different No breakthrough, but extremely pleasant.

I'll definately be exploring this route some more, but trying for crystal instead on liquid. Just more convenient.

Hyperspace Fool
#15 Posted : 1/10/2012 9:58:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool!

It depends a lot on the ratios of vinegar, water, and coconut cream. I find that if the coconut cream is thick enough, it will thicken the fluid sufficiently to avoid the reX step. My friends just make sure to shake, stir, swirl or whatever immediately before insufflation.

While I imagine coconut oil (or other coconut products) might work, they will not give the consistency. Avoid the powdered kind where you have to add water. That stuff is good for cooking, but not thick enough for this purpose. You can usually find pure coconut cream in a can that has the consistency of heavy whipped cream or more. If it is something you enjoy... and I can't see why you wouldn't... it is worth investing in some organic/bio cream.

Anyway, if 30mg got you the heavy shroom trip level... you can always up the ante next time until you find your sweet spot. I would avoid jumping up doses too quickly though. 5mg can make a difference, and 10mg surely will. From what it sounds like, you should be able to breakthrough (it is a different breakthrough than vaping) on about 50mg. This is a fairly typical dose.

But, it seems that technique can increase the effect as much as dosage. And, a couple drops of a harmaline tincture in the mix will change the experience considerably as well.

Yerba
#16 Posted : 1/10/2012 8:50:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So then is it generally advised that if one is to experiment with insufflation, fumarates are not the way to go?

jamie
#17 Posted : 1/11/2012 2:22:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

okay so this is just a warning for some people..

I have snuffed DMT about 10 times in the last 3 months..7-8 times in the last 6 weeks or so..my main method of dosing is oral but I really enjoy snuffing as well as the length is ideal..inbetween oral and vaped which I dont really feel drawn to anymore.

Anyway that said, today I drank roughly a grams worth of a very reduced harmel brew I had with a bit of mimosa brewed into it..maybe .5g at the most of mimosa at the ammount I took. i never brew much admixture into my brews becasue I always follow the harmala containing brew with a seperate mimosa brew 15 minutes after.

I then eyeballed 40ish mg of DMT fumerate and dissolved in into about 8 drops of spring water I had just boiled(to help it dissolve). I did try it last week with some coconut oil added but it did not lessen the burn a whole lot so I did not bother today. I have coconut butter as well and that might be a better option than the oil.

I then added about 10mg of harmine/harmaline hcl crystals to the solution and sucked the whole thing up with a dropper from a tincture bottle I have. I slowly took half the solution in each nostril, 1 drop at a time waiting a minute or so between drops so it would absorb and not alol drip back into my throat. Some did drip into my throat anyway.

The burn got worse and worse and by the time all of it had been snuffed it burned like hell. At about 10 minutes in I just felt the harmalas alot and a tryptamine body glow, but no visuals. I went upstairs to pee and to rinse my sinus cavity becasue I couldnt handle the burn anymore. I usually only snuff what I think is like 15-30mg with harmalas. I wanted to up the dose and see how deep snuffing can go.

I figured that if I have no visuals 10 minutes in with a larger dose than before (which came on faster with visuals) than it was not going to happen today and accepted the warm DMT glow and harmala buzz. I blew my nose and then snuffed some spring water to nutralize the burn..but when I blew the water back out my nose it was all bloody. It was only from my right nostril that blood came out though..so while I like the ROA, I wont do it again for a month or so becasue last time I did it was 7 days ago and that is obviously too frequent for my sinus cavity guess.

I figured that if I was going to not snuff it for a while and just stick to oral and sublingual I might as well have a full experience and got another small lump of about 10mg ready to snuff..but by the time I had it all ready I started to feel weird..like I just took a big hit of DMT. This was about 15 minutes in now. I snuffed the extra lunp and lay back in the dark.

I did not need to snuff that extra lump! within 10 seconds of laying back and closing my eyes it was apparent! I fell back into a visionary sea.. I sort of lost it and blew all the extra DMT out of my nose asap and lay back down and had a really nice experience for the next hour that was just like ayahuasca. I peaked like that for about 30 minutes and then snuffed about 5mg more(in my left nostril to avoid bleeding) and that little 5mg brought me back up into another peak stronger than the 1st!

It was really really beautiful and why I love this route so much compared to smoking. I just learned that I cant do this weekly. I have never snuffed other substances other than bufotenine a few times so I dont know if this is normal. It was not alot of blodd just a few spots of it really. Just be aware if you plan on snuffing DMT all the time.

I will probly wait a month or so and then try again. I drink ayahuasca often enough that waiting is not a big deal. Maybe if I mix enough coconut butter into it will fix this problem. If anyone else has another suggestion I would like to hear it.

Oh and btw..the burn was gone by the time I was settled into the peak.
Long live the unwoke.

Hyperspace Fool
#18 Posted : 1/11/2012 9:01:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
I did try it last week with some coconut oil added but it did not lessen the burn a whole lot so I did not bother today. I have coconut butter as well and that might be a better option than the oil.
Hey Fractal Enchantment... excuse me, jamie...

My experience is that oil would be worthless due to it's in-miscibility with the DMT solution. I also don't think the oil is as soothing or readily absorb-able as the cream. Butter might work, but I would go for the super thick cream. It mixes easily, and all of the guinea pigs so far have reported NO BURN whatsoever.

Now, while having no burn is not a sure indication of no damage... it certainly suggests less damage. (esp. considering we are not talking about powders with anesthetic properties)

Naturally, we are all made differently, and have different tolerances. Someone prone to nosebleeds might want to avoid railing or insufflating anything, for example. Of course, there are people who regularly blow bloody boogers out of their nose without ever having any nosebleeds or serious problems who might be able to use this ROA without incident.

Be careful, naturally... and pay attention. Listen to your body first and foremost. If your nasal mucosa are too sensitive for insufflation, you can always try plugging or sublingual... but the duration is longer with those ROAs so keep that in mind.

Real heavy coconut cream (creme de coco etc.) is remarkably soothing and restorative to the skin. A dollop in your bathwater will make your skin soft like a babies ass for a couple days. It is really good stuff. This is not to say that other such skin & tissue loving goodies might not be effective as well. It has just been the best contender so far. There are plans to experiment with shea butter (can't find any shea cream), and fresh aloe pulp smashed up has been used as an additive. I imagine that there are a number of things that will work, alone or in combination.

But if it ain't broke... and coconut cream ain't broke.

Good luck all.
HF

PsillyPspirit
#19 Posted : 2/7/2012 5:38:08 AM

There and Back Again

Ice House wrote:
52-dsl wrote:

LOL

Hmmmmmm , Me thinks that if you snort some you had better already be comfortable because you wont have time much time after you snort it.

The onset is much faster than you think.

FYI

SWIM snorted 125mg freebase this morning. The onset was quick, but smooth compared to vaporizing. The pain was not excruciating, and certainly did not distract from the experience. SWIM also has always had a particular affinity for insufflation, he would rate the pain level some where around MDMA but certainly far below 2C-*'s.

SWIM feels that if he was prepared ahead of time he would have time to snuff some and then vape more before losing motor functionality. SWIM intends to do this on his next attempt. When ever that is. He is still remembering parts still, and needs time to integrate and put lessons into action.

DjangoTheMango
#20 Posted : 1/17/2022 11:11:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Someone mentioned, "the breakthrough dose"... Isnt it 0,05mg?...thanks

12NEXT