We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nasal dmt may cause allergic reaction Options

Tomtegubbe
#1 Posted : 9/22/2020 10:11:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm thankful for all the information on the site on various teks, but there's one particular Tek I hope could be amended with warnings. It is the Hyperspace Fool's COCO Tek For Insufflation Of DMT found at https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Ingestion_Methods . This method can trigger a heavy allergic reaction with hard flu like symptoms that last for days and can cause quite a burn even when mixed with coconut cream. Since this ingestion method is put on the front of the wiki article I kindly request to add some warnings to it in order to keep safety first.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 9/22/2020 2:26:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Are you sure it wasn't simply a viral infection?

There is a plethora of other potential sensitizing substances in the coconut cream itself.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Tomtegubbe
#3 Posted : 9/22/2020 2:50:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It may be the coconut cream rather than or in addition to dmt, although dmt is in itself very harsh for the nose. Viral infection it is not since the symptoms began immediately after dosing.

I suffer every year from seasonal allergies so I think I might be more prone to getting an allergic reaction than an average person. So, this might not be a common symptom, but definitely a nasty one if you get it. I think it should be noted with these medically understudies substances that what is safe for most people might not be safe for everyone and it would be good to inform also about the uncommon effects.

Finally took some allergy medicine and the symptoms seemed to ease for now.

I thoroughly admit my responsibility for taking the risk though and take this as a lesson.
My preferred method:

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 9/22/2020 10:05:10 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

You're right, DMT freebase alone is very harsh on (in) the nose.

Your response to the anti-allergy medication does seem to indicate that something in the mixture caused the allergy/hypersensitivity symptoms. Considering it's more or less a nut product it is indeed worth highlighting the possibility of hypersensitivity reactions from coconut cream. Maybe the DMT even heightened your sensitivity to it - immunomodulatory effects from psychedelics are fairly well established.

Thanks for sharing your data. What brand of coconut cream did you use?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Tomtegubbe
#5 Posted : 9/23/2020 8:32:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The coconut cream had a bunch of additives: carboxymethyl cellulose, fatty acid monoglycerids and diglycerids, guar gum and xanthan gum. The product was made in Vietnam. I have never had allergic reaction to coconut or any other food substance for that matter. I am sensitive to pollen though.

I believe it was the irritation of nasal cavities itself that triggered the hypersensitivity symptoms. I often have persisting allergy like symptoms after suffering a flu and they can go on for a week or two. I think nasal hypersensitivity is the term for the condition.

So, even when coated with coconut cream dmt is harsh for nasal cavities and can trigger allergy like hypersensitivity symptoms that may last several days and this roa should be avoided if one thinks they might have nasal hypersensitivity.
My preferred method:

endlessness
#6 Posted : 9/23/2020 9:51:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Added a warning to the wiki, thanks for sharing your concerns.

Tomtegubbe
#7 Posted : 9/23/2020 10:30:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Added a warning to the wiki, thanks for sharing your concerns.
Thank you! I really appreciate the attitude on this forum!
My preferred method:

DjangoTheMango
#8 Posted : 1/17/2022 10:26:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Can i just snort dmt? Also the guys im getting the stuff from say they themselves never got a breakthrough... Can any one advise me on that?
Love

Tomtegubbe
#9 Posted : 1/17/2022 4:55:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DjangoTheMango wrote:
Can i just snort dmt? Also the guys im getting the stuff from say they themselves never got a breakthrough... Can any one advise me on that?
Love

Burns like hell. Get yourself a suitable vaporizer, if you want to go for a breakthrough. Bear in mind though, that the breakthrough experience may not be the most useful or beneficial way of using the molecule, since it can be very overwhelming.
My preferred method: