We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Anyone here like stargazing & astronomy - maybe with binoculars or telescopes? Options

Sunnyside
#21 Posted : 12/22/2020 1:43:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As you say, both planets in the frame is a delight.

With our optics, 3 and 4 moons of Jupiter are clearly spotted.

And the "flattened" look of Saturn, I wish our optics would show the rings better, but it still is a thrill.

The show is not over yet, at least tonight and maybe more they'll still be close, so maybe your clouds will clear.

With last night's moon so big, I put the camera on it, this photo is almost interesting, for having done it myself...
Sunnyside attached the following image(s):
DSCN3794.jpg (58kb) downloaded 80 time(s).
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Loveall
#22 Posted : 12/22/2020 5:39:25 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Thanks guys, I did not see the moons on my phone picture originally.

When looking through the telescope directly the ring of saturn and moons are clearly visible. I need to get the proper telescope camera installed.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 12/23/2020 8:56:22 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Loveall wrote:
Yeah, I watched it on my telescope with the kids. It was pretty cool, never seen two planets in the field of view together, sounds like it won't happen again for several lifetimes.

Managed to get an out of focus picture of on my phone, sorry for the poor quality 🙃

I would have loved to have seen this. Somewhat frustratingly, the weather turned atrocious just in time to spoil my view of the superconjunction. Thankfully a Nexian comrade has come up with the astronomical goods! That's a pretty good effort you made there.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ajlala
#24 Posted : 12/27/2021 7:48:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to try stargazing again but it's too cold this time of year.

Toshido
#25 Posted : 3/23/2023 11:13:53 PM

Research & Development

How did I not see this thread?! I am the star man!

Astronomy, outer space, ET's... it's all been a huge part of my life.

It's well known here that I was a videographer/photographer for 20 years and still dabble, but I haven't once mentioned taking wild pictures of our night's sky.

Here's one at I took at my buddy's farm. East coast gets some love if you find the right night.

🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

downwardsfromzero
#26 Posted : 3/24/2023 12:39:40 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Got my telescope last xmas. Of course, it's either raining or too effing cold this time of year but I did get some shots of Jupiter's 3 or 4 moons and (separately ofc) our Moon from holding my phone up to the eyepiece. Was meaning to bump this thread but was at the time satisfied to post the results in Chat, the Moon's easier to make look interesting without too much effort but Jupiter looks a little crappy with my methods. Shame the bands don't really come out on the crude photo but they were visible to the eye. Seeing the moons is still a huge buzz though !
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
20230111_180337.jpg (2,546kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
20230102_233237.jpg (2,682kb) downloaded 20 time(s).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ephedra
#27 Posted : 10/30/2023 4:22:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Got my telescope last xmas. Of course, it's either raining or too effing cold this time of year but I did get some shots of Jupiter's 3 or 4 moons and (separately ofc) our Moon from holding my phone up to the eyepiece. Was meaning to bump this thread but was at the time satisfied to post the results in Chat, the Moon's easier to make look interesting without too much effort but Jupiter looks a little crappy with my methods. Shame the bands don't really come out on the crude photo but they were visible to the eye. Seeing the moons is still a huge buzz though !

woa! really... that's really looks otherwordly!

has anyone here seen the Moon these days through their telescopes?
დ there is a Spirit, there is a Soul დ

PREV12