We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Amanita muscaria anyone? Options

biopsylo
#21 Posted : 10/18/2009 11:45:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

one morning several years ago, i woke to find yellow amanitas growing right outside my door, and down the path on the edge of the woods. after carefully drying heaps of them, my brothers and i ate a few small caps each. within 20 minutes, i had this incredible sensation building up inside, and had to go outside. i had to get on all fours, and pray to God to help me thru it, because i didn't feel i could do it alone. all subsided almost instantly. the following year after reading quite a bit,-including james arthur- i made a tea, or soup, really using 33 grams dried yellow amanita. laid in bed, recycled urine, not too much effect, fell asleep.
traveled to s. hemisphere, in fall. red amanitas everywhere! dried heaps again. made a tea simmering 30+ grams red amanita. drank with 1 capsule of psilocybin mushroom powder-which is a very low psilocybin dose.
again, recycled urine. this was quite visionary, with oev's.
the amanita make a good soup broth, and i find them pleasant to eat after drinking the tea.
possibly by boiling the mushrooms, i am decreasing the potency.
i noticed here that others are taking far less and still getting effects. much to learn.
make sure to dry the fresh amanita before eating.
better to start low.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

polytrip
#22 Posted : 10/19/2009 8:38:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Amanita's are amazingly beautyfull mushrooms. Very rarely you can find freak-amanita's that are huge. They can become incredibly tall.
I once spotted one that was almost 40 centimeters wide! That's about 16 inches, for those not familiar with the metric system.

I believe i wasn't hallucinating thenLaughing

69ron
#23 Posted : 10/19/2009 4:37:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I’m surprised at how many are experienced with Amanita muscaria and not Amanita pantherina. Amanita pantherina contains more ibotenic acid and muscimol than Amanita muscaria, and contains less toxins. They are vastly superior in SWIM’s opinion. They have far less side effects. While SWIM has experienced nausea and sweating almost every time with Amanita muscaria, this has never happened from Amanita pantherina. It’s a far cleaner experience and seems to be more psychedelic.

SWIM picks his in the wild. He knows how to properly identify them. Never eat any mushroom unless you know exactly how to identify it as a safe mushroom. Amanita pantherina mushrooms are very strong compared to Amanita muscaria. SWIM uses about 1/4-1 teaspoon of ground dried flesh for a good experience.

The trip is not like anything else really. The visuals are firework like, sparkly, electric, and unlike anything else, maybe very slightly like 5-MeO-DMT. The mental head space is “psychedelic” but in a way that is very different from all other psychedelics. This is perhaps the most difficult effect to put into words. SWIM experiences a mental calming effect, sort of alcohol-like, and there’s sort of a mental static present, as if thoughts are bouncing around and hitting other thoughts. Unfamiliar things feel strangely familiar. Your thoughts can effect your perception of reality. For example, think of a girl you know might cause a song on the radio to feel like it somehow relates to that girl.

The effects on the body are interesting. While you feel mentally calm, you also feel quite energetic. You can move around very easily, but there seems to be some alteration in your movements, sort of an alcohol like alteration. Movement is not so smooth, a little jerky, and a little exaggerated.

The most visual effects SWIM has seen from these mushrooms were colorful fireworks like explosions with the eyes closed. He’s not had true visions, but he’s never taken that much.

Ibotenic acid has been shown to be neurotoxic like alcohol. That may be one reason it’s often compared with the effects of alcohol. This is definitely a negative in my book. For this reason you should limit use of these mushrooms.

SWIM has tried them with coffee. That’s a nice combination. SWIM also tried them with Psilocybe cubensis and found the combination to be absolutely horrible. They destroy each other’s good qualities, leaving you feeling mostly just intoxicated. It’s one of the worst combinations there is, at least that’s SWIM’s opinion. Others might enjoy it though.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Aegle
#24 Posted : 10/19/2009 5:42:14 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

69ron wrote:
I’m surprised at how many are experienced with Amanita muscaria and not Amanita pantherina. Amanita pantherina contains more ibotenic acid and muscimol than Amanita muscaria, and contains less toxins. They are vastly superior in SWIM’s opinion. They have far less side effects. While SWIM has experienced nausea and sweating almost every time with Amanita muscaria, this has never happened from Amanita pantherina. It’s a far cleaner experience and seems to be more psychedelic.

SWIM picks his in the wild. He knows how to properly identify them. Never eat any mushroom unless you know exactly how to identify it as a safe mushroom. Amanita pantherina mushrooms are very strong compared to Amanita muscaria. SWIM uses about 1/4-1 teaspoon of ground dried flesh for a good experience.

The trip is not like anything else really. The visuals are firework like, sparkly, electric, and unlike anything else, maybe very slightly like 5-MeO-DMT. The mental head space is “psychedelic” but in a way that is very different from all other psychedelics. This is perhaps the most difficult effect to put into words. SWIM experiences a mental calming effect, sort of alcohol-like, and there’s sort of a mental static present, as if thoughts are bouncing around and hitting other thoughts. Unfamiliar things feel strangely familiar. Your thoughts can effect your perception of reality. For example, think of a girl you know might cause a song on the radio to feel like it somehow relates to that girl.

The effects on the body are interesting. While you feel mentally calm, you also feel quite energetic. You can move around very easily, but there seems to be some alteration in your movements, sort of an alcohol like alteration. Movement is not so smooth, a little jerky, and a little exaggerated.

The most visual effects SWIM has seen from these mushrooms were colorful fireworks like explosions with the eyes closed. He’s not had true visions, but he’s never taken that much.

Ibotenic acid has been shown to be neurotoxic like alcohol. That may be one reason it’s often compared with the effects of alcohol. This is definitely a negative in my book. For this reason you should limit use of these mushrooms.

SWIM has tried them with coffee. That’s a nice combination. SWIM also tried them with Psilocybe cubensis and found the combination to be absolutely horrible. They destroy each other’s good qualities, leaving you feeling mostly just intoxicated. It’s one of the worst combinations there is, at least that’s SWIM’s opinion. Others might enjoy it though.

69ron

Thank you so much for such an indepth and concise description of Amanita Pantherina's affects, I have been wanting to try these mushies for some time now. I really hope that i am able to journey with these fasinating and amazing mushrooms soon.

Much Peace and Sunshine
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

soulfood
#25 Posted : 10/19/2009 5:46:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Isn't there a way to convert ibotenic acid into muscimol? I heard it was as simple as heating the material before consumption. Also that much of the ibotenic acid is converted to muscimol in human metabolism.

Sorry no reference, but I'll keep looking.

polytrip
#26 Posted : 10/19/2009 5:53:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron's description is very acurate. Visuals indeed do have something of those of 5-MeO-DMT.
I find they are not as colourfull as those of LSD, DMT or psilocybin, but they are very geometric.
In combination with LSD it works out realy well.

The combination of stimulation and sedation is also quite peculiar.
I would say that mentally, the effects of them are calming, yet stimulating. Your thoughts become very clear in a way and you can think faster than you normally would.

Nicotin also has a positive, amplifying effect on it.

Infinite I
#27 Posted : 10/19/2009 6:19:53 PM

JC

Thanks everyone for some great info, Ill report back when I get the chance to work with them. Ive got loads. Has anyone heard of siberians using them for energy for working? My mate mentioned this and I had spare few hours before I picked up the kid from school so tried 2.5g, didnt get anything noticable. When I get the chance ill try 6-7 grams as the 5 last year was pretty good, least I know their not super potent.

polytrip
#28 Posted : 10/19/2009 7:30:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infinite I wrote:
Thanks everyone for some great info, Ill report back when I get the chance to work with them. Ive got loads. Has anyone heard of siberians using them for energy for working? My mate mentioned this and I had spare few hours before I picked up the kid from school so tried 2.5g, didnt get anything noticable. When I get the chance ill try 6-7 grams as the 5 last year was pretty good, least I know their not super potent.

Yes. In low amounts they are very stimulating.
Not just physically but also intellectualy.

I don't know if it's wise to use it frequently though.

Infinite I
#29 Posted : 10/19/2009 7:53:10 PM

JC

polytrip wrote:
Infinite I wrote:

Yes. In low amounts they are very stimulating.
Not just physically but also intellectualy.

I don't know if it's wise to use it frequently though.

Cool cheers for the info.

biopsylo
#30 Posted : 10/20/2009 12:06:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I’m surprised at how many are experienced with Amanita muscaria and not Amanita pantherina. Amanita pantherina contains more ibotenic acid and muscimol than Amanita muscaria, and contains less toxins.

but they seem, for me at least, much less common in the wild-at least where i have looked, while when the fly agaric fruit, there can be far too many to pick. i remember finding one singular panther in n. cali several yrs ago, and left it. sounds like the elusive panther has some great qualities, and i do remember seeing them online somewhere....thanks for the tips.

jamie
#31 Posted : 11/11/2009 1:50:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

found this report over at mycotopia by Shrems...sounds downright cosmic...I think I might order some, I wanted to try them over the holidays..it is the season for these onesWink..but have yet to find them in the wild..

shrems wrote..
"yo i tripped on amanita pantherinas last night. it was rediculous! everyone on this board needs to try them. perhaps this species is just that much better than muscaria. i ate 5 grams, but they were not completely dry -- just barely moist. they are not like psillys in many ways -- mostly the lack of significant OEVs. but that's ok because the CEV's are that much better! i had the most insane trip of my life on the inside of my head. btw i have done psillys 2 dozen times and lsd one dozen. i got a straight-up mystical vision from the amanitas. it was almost entirely pleasant the whole time and i did not even feel nauseous for a second! and that is without any special preparation.

coming into the trip, i had the same negative impression of these shrooms as the posters of above me do. boy are they wrong! amanitas are the shit.

a complete trip report

Quote:
straight off the bat, these shrooms kicked my ass. i rarely post here, let alone a long trip report, but my experience last night needs to be shared.

from all i had read about amanitas on the shroomery and on erowid, i was never interested in eating them. after all, more people have bad trips than good trips and many get quite sick. what really convinced me that amanitas suck was "food of the gods," in which terrence mckenna writes amanitas off as not in the same league as the other psychedelics. he claims they couldn't possibly be the true soma. with all due respect, i find it unbelievable that mckenna ever sampled quality specimens of the shrooms.

so when my buddy X tells me friday that he is going home for the weekend to trip on amanitas, i don't give it much thought. i warn him that he will be greatly disappointed as amanita trips are incomparable to cubensis trips and he would most likely become violently ill. fortunately, my words didn't discourage him, and he and 2 friends ate a whole bunch friday night. i believe X ate around 10 grams, not all at once, and one of his friends ate 10 also while his other friend ate over 14 grams. when i called X at 1 pm saturday (i forget he was home for the weekend and needed to borrow his guitar tuner) he answered and explained to me what happened. he was very strung out sounding and he told me his friend (the one who ate 14) had gone into a hypnotic trance in the night and was taken to the local hospital. i didn't ask many more questions b/c of my preconceptions about amanitas and wrote off X's trip as someting of a psychedelic misadventure. when i hung up i remember thinking to myself how little appetite i had for these crazy legal shrooms. i didn't want to have to eat an enormous dose just to trip and risk going to the hospital.

so sunday X gets back to campus and calls me up. he was very excited to show me the rest of his QP of amanitas, even though he knew that i wasn't interested. so over a cigarette, X tells me and my friends Y and Z about his trip and shows us his bag of fat caps with an occasional shriveled stem. the shrooms were fairly dry but not as dry as preserved cubensis. they were still a little flexible and moist. once we saw the shrooms in front of us and discussed our options for possibly eating them, X, Y, Z and myself became increasingly eager to consume some shrooms that night. i was extremely skeptical until i read this article: Shroomery - Amanita muscaria - A New Outlook . after i found that site, i decided that i definitely was up for giving amanitas a try.

around 10:30, the four of us plus M find ourselves in X's dorm room with mountain dew and potatoe chips and of course a big sack of amanitas. M, the latecomer, has shit to do the next day and is only up for 3 grams. the rest of us eat 5. they don't taste too bad at all.

once finished, we pick up a 20 bag of herb and Y rolls a peach philly.

we walk the 12 minutes or so to the big park nearby, and set up camp on a bench at the top of a tall hill, our favorite toke spot and one with a fantastic view of the city. we smoke the blunt, feel funny, and take a walk around the park. we make our way back to the dorms, and to M's room. M turns down the lights and puts on some good music. i get comfortable on the futon.

sometime after we come to M's room, the amanita intoxication begins to overpower my weed high. i feel a distinct psychedelic body buzz that seems to be the perfect (strong!) intensity. i begin to rant to X how impressed i am with the feeling and how glad i am he encouraged me to give the amanitas a try. as we sit around, i come up pretty quickly. soon i am seeing a strange sort of visual that i have never enountered before. basically, parts of my field of vision around my focal point were tripping out but not in the ordinary way i've found with shrooms and acid. instead of seeing distorted reality right before my eyes persistently, it is as though i see every frame of reality exactly as it is, but in between frames of real reality are inserted frames of distorted reality. cool. at this point i am feeling highly inebriated. my sense of balance is completely erratic and walking felt like a completely new sensation.

we head out of the dorms with another peach blunt. on the way out, we stop and talk to some drunk people in the ashtray. i am able to communicate and i manage to avoid freaking them out too bad. however, when a drunk girl raised her foot to mine (i am standing up, she is sitting down) like high-five stylee, my sense of balance decieves me. i almost kick X in the balls when i follow through with me foot behind me! fortunately, my mistake is quickly forgotten when, on the way out of the ashtray, Y is startled by someone calling out her name and falls completely on her ass! haha.

we walk down to a shady ghetto where there are few cars. my sense of time at this point is obliterated. we smoke the blunt and M (who only ate 3 grams) splits and heads back. the rest of us find ourselves in strange positions on the sidewalk and the alley (lying down on wet pavement) and spaced out completely. we zone in and out of reality for awhile. somehow i find that i've taken off my headphones and shoved them in my coat pocket. totally subconsciously, i twist the earphones into a huge knot inside the pocket. at some point i have an epiphany and realize that what i am doing to my headphones is totally counter-intuitive to the music i wanted to listen to. i pull the earphones out and realize they're totally fucked. i try for a couple minutes to untie them but i am only making things worse. finally i give up and hand them to X, who spends what seems like forever slowly unravelling the horrible knot. once it is unraveled, i let it dangle and see something totally unbelievable. because of the memory inherent to the headphone wires, when i let it go it looks like a beautiful piece of art, as the physics were mind-boggling without knowing how the wire came to be the way it was. i pocket the headphones and decide to sell them on ebay. lol. obviously at this point my mind is melted.

for whatever reason, i am talking far more than the others. i think this is because of the insane superpowers i was developing within my mind. basically, all of the CEV's i encounter are similar in specific ways. they all take place on a 3d stage that is indistinguishible from outer space and the universe at large. every visual has a clear nucleus right at the center of the universe. my perspective is generally focused on the nucleus but it comes in from all different angles and distances. for a long time, my visuals are limited to extremely colorful horizontal planes that extend into oblivion and intersect with one another at the nucleus. these visuals become more and more complex but remain extremely colorful and composed of horizontal planes. i also see OEVs that consisted of very faint patterns reminiscent of typical shroom and acid patterns yet less strong and vivid. the more exciting OEVs are the nearly invisible horizontal planes that formed above and parallel to the ground. in the light, they look like silk threads or like lasers through fog. very cool.

when i begin to peak, things get way more interesting. at some point in the alley with my eyes closed, in the universal CEV stage, i create by my own choice a world just like the earth. i am able to zoom in anywhere on the planet at light speed and then zoom out just as fast. on the walk back to the dorms, i play with my newfound abilities. i realize that i can create and destroy entire universes with no effort. this is nothing i've ever been able to do before, and i am flabbergasted. i try to create a macroverse out side of my universe stage, but cannot. when i find that my ability is limited only to the universe inside my head, and i cannot change the world i see when i open my eyes, i get kinda pissed and complain. i decide i need more power! hehe.

the 4 of us arrive in the lobby of my building and sit down. we are completely useless. after awhile, we decide what we need is to lie down somewhere safe, quiet, and dark, together. however, in order to get them into my building, where we could find an empty lounge to enjoy, i have to sign in X, who lives in a different dorm. this is ever more complicated because it is 2:30 am monday morning, and in order to sign in guests after 2 on weeknights, we are required to fill out extended guest forms. all this paperwork and i am beginning to peak!

fortunately, the security guard likes me and allows us into the building despite my inability to answer her simple questions or sign X in in a legible manner. my signature is a bizarre scribble. hehe.

once inside, we head from lounge to lounge on the elevator, looking for an empty one. we finally come across a lounge occupied by a guy talking on his phone. this doesn't bother us and we go inside and melt into the furniture. i am still more talkative than the others and i basically rant stream-of-consciousness about the insane world i am visiting inside my head. the kid on the phone at a certain point gets bugged out and says something like "whoa wtf did you kids smoke?" i reply with some insane remark and he leaves minutes later, undoubtedly spooked. we turn off the lights.

my mental journies are deviating further and further from reality. i choose to destroy myself, and with it the entire planet earth. the destruction process feels much like i am folding everything up into itself in a methodical way. then, i create a new earth and return every thing to normal. the creation process feels just like i am unfolding everything from within a dot in the center of my universe stage. i see myself reborn, and i see myself live my life up through to the present (i am 1Cool. the whole experience is euphoric and i feel great about the life i've created, which is the same as my real life but with one glaring difference.

in my new, idealized world, i do not smoke weed!

this discovery really concerns me. i rationalize that this is extremely important and is a sign that i must not smoke weed everyday any longer. the thought of no longer smoke daily, of course, is not very pleasant for me. (i've smoked daily for damn near 3 years, minus one 6-month break last year when i was tested) i get pissed off and try to take the trip in another direction. sure enough, i am quckly back in my empty universe stage gazing at the colorful rainbow horizontal planes dancing around and bouncing every which way.

i trip along and all is well until all of a sudden i open my eyes to the scariest of OEVs i've ever experienced. entire faces of the walls in the lounge, huge chunks of the walls, ceiling, and floor slide out and toward me as though i am in some sort of claustrophic nightmare. i have less and less room to breathe and it occurs to me that if things continue the way they are going, i am going to be crushed. i rush to the door and turn the handle. it opens! whew, i breathe a sigh of relief as i realize i am just in a trip and everything is ok.

here, i make the mistake of questioning the trip and i wonder why hell i am trying to crush myself. now, i remember the craziness i had experienced earlier when recreating myself. its the weed! i realize that the trip is one step ahead of me and is tricking me into a thought loop of how i need to stop smoking weed everyday. it is not like any thought loop i've ever experienced. conventional thought loops are so intense that they just take over my mind completely until i break out of them. this thought loop however, was one that was easily broken in the short term, but impossible to end completely because of its trickiness. the trip was outsmarting me by allowing me to trip out, find myself in a different world, then be presented with imminent death that forced me to confront the only thing on my mind: not smoking weed daily.

the second major trick is just as scary as the first. i am sitting on the floor or a chair when i begin to float up, through the roof, and into space. i soon see that i am resting on an enormous pillar that is shooting me through space at incredible speed. i see many pillars around me, none higher than mine, and they are all at different height but shooting up just as fast. when my pillar slows down, my whole field of vision is eclipsed by blackness and i see nothing at all but a hollow pillar right in front of me. it is my only way out and it presumably will lead to my death. now, i am deeply in an unreal trip scenario, but i am somehow able to remove myself from it for a second to consult the other trippers in the room and ask them "what the fuck do i do when i am faced with death?!" at this time, the others are entirely spaced out, so i am forced to think for myself. i am back in the scenario and i take the plunge down the hollow tube.

*poof* i am back in the lounge, with my eyes open and everything as it should be.

right around this time, i encounter another very strange experience that confirmed my anxieties over marijuana dependence. i don't remember what triggered it, but sometime me and Y mutually agree we are both about to transcend our current reality (die?), but not in a bad way. we agree that at the moment that we transcend, we need to be looking at something special. Y decides she needs to look at a picture on her phone at the special moment of transcendence. (it would make sense that the moment of transcendence was a part of a song, but we had no music hooked up except for on earphones so thats impossible. X doesn't remember this part at all so i guess it will always be a mystery what exactly it was that was supposed to be important.) i think to myself and decide that when the moment comes i want to be looking at a picture of my older and only sister on my phone. somehow the trip tricks me into think that my phone is set up so that the picture it displays when i turn it up is my sister. so i hit the power button at just the right time and wait for the phone to shut down synchronized to the special moment. when the moment comes, however, i am not looking at my sister but instead at my beautiful glass bong! despite this being perfectly normal, as my non-tripping self knows well that my phone is set to display my bong as it turns off, it really shocks me. i think about how i have to quit smoking for a while before my thoughts finally drift.

after a series of intense mini-trips consisting of more pretty colors and complex geometric constructions, i arrive at yet another mindset. i feel as though i am at the top of the hill and finishing up my peak. i feel as though i must now make a choice as to whether or not i accept the trip, and the conclusion that i can no longer smoke weed daily, or reject the trip and the conclusion. i s'pose that because of my experiences with psilocybin and my deep respect for the shrooms and the lessons they've taught me, i choose to accept this trip and its conclusion. at the moment i decide, i am launched into a dramatic and intense final climax. i destroy the planet and everything in the universe. but i don't stop there. i also destroy my stage, the "universe-at-large." now, for the first time this trip, my stage is not the endless black void of space. instead, it is a melting scene of pastel tie-died colors swirling around, much like the drempels viusal program the serves as my desktop on this PC. the colorful swirls are omnipresent and i am at a loss to destroy or otherwise control them. i realize this inability and "bounce" into the other direction. from a point at the nucleus of the tie-died universe, i unfold the black void that i had earlier destroyed. i proceed to create the earth, human-beings, and eventually my own parents. the next step is me, and i put a lot of mental energy into this part. i "grow" myself up exactly as i like, and exactly as i grew up in real life. the whole time i am seeing imagery from my life that is perfectly accurate except for the spectacular hallucinations that augment every image. i am in awe. when i am grown up to age 18, the sequence ends and i feel as though i have "set it in stone" and completed the journey.

my thoughts drift off and before i know i am coming out of being half asleep. again, this is totally unlike psylocibin in that the line between tripping and sleeping is greatly blurred in the case of the amanitas. with class the next day (i slept through them) i decide to head back to my room and go to sleep. i do this and wake up in the morning (3 pm) feeling fantastic.

it's 7:30 pm now and i am still deep in the afterglow, which is very similar to the afterglow of a psilly trip. however, this trip is a special case as amanitas are widely believed to be inferior to psilocybes. i feel as though i must spread the word and share this terrific drug with the world.

overall, my trip last night was not as euphoric as my trips on psilocybes. after a psilocybin trip, i nearly always am bummed that its over and want to trip again soon. not the case today. i would like to try amanitas again but my desire is not nearly as urgent as it is after a psilocybin trip. i've never tried ayahuasca, but i can say that the visions i saw last night could not be attributed to psilocybin or lsd. they were simply too realistic and on-the-ball. in many ways, i feel as though this trip was very much like a successful ibogaine treatment, as it convinced me so effectively that my weed smoking habits were unhealthy. my plan is not to quit completely until i trip on cubensis next weekend and confirm what i learned last night. i feel it is entirely possible that i will feel uncomfortable when i do get high later on tonight.

it's interesting to note that i tripped the hardest of everyone, possibly because i am a lightweight at 140#. also, X, Y, and Z all ate extra grams a couple hours into there trips. despite their higher doses, they did not lose control to the extent that i did. importantly, everyone had a good time and nobody got sick.

i hope this report convinces some shroomerites to give amanitas a try. i think it presents an interesting point concerning soma's identity and can say for sure after the trip that in no ways was it unlike the descriptions i've read of the soma of yore. i will post an update concerning whether or not i cut back on the reefer. peace. "
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#32 Posted : 11/13/2009 12:55:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The story goes that the little red membrane on top of fly-agaric's contains high concentrations of the psychedelic stuff and low concentrations of toxins. Does anybody know if this is true?

biopsylo
#33 Posted : 11/13/2009 3:58:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The story goes that the little red membrane on top of fly-agaric's contains high concentrations of the psychedelic stuff and low concentrations of toxins. Does anybody know if this is true?

not sure. it would be difficult to separate this membrane. ive also heard that the white bumps on top are the toxins. but i also find properly dried, and boiled whole amanitas to be anything but toxic-even at high doses.

Astralking
#34 Posted : 12/15/2009 7:21:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thought i'd revive this thread since i've been interested in these for so long but reports are so different.

I was wondering does anyone have any information published about the effect of drinking your urine? I read on a website called soma shamans that you dont need to drink your urine and just making it into a tea has the same effect. But how does this effect differ from just eating the dried/live caps? Almost all reports i read are from people just eating the caps..

This shroomy shroom is shroudded in mystery... great stuff.
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

biopsylo
#35 Posted : 12/15/2009 11:51:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
But how does this effect differ from just eating the dried/live caps? Almost all reports i read are from people just eating the caps..

This shroomy shroom is shroudded in mystery... great stuff.

ive taken bites out of fresh caps, and felt flushing in the face. i definitely believe they should be dried first. the history of this mushroom is quite remarkable as well. when i first found some growing, i found jamesarthur.net and then.

http://www.pharmacratic-inquisition.com/main/

worth a watch for the art history alone! dennis mckenna even made positive reference to these guys.

christmas is coming...

ElusiveMind
#36 Posted : 1/12/2010 10:25:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:

From what it sounds like from this site ( http://www.clearwhitelight.org/hatter/amanita.htm ), "The skin and they layer of material directly underneath is considered the most potent." and they also go into talking about smoking the skin of the cap, which supposedly has similar effects to MJ but without the cotton mouth or loss of memory and lucidity.

Amanita definitely sounds like it has great potential. Very happy I still haven't ventured into the red and white cap of Amanita yet but will definitely when I have time. Around here they grow like crazy (Amanita Muscaria) so im in no rush to buy online.... lettin nature slowly craft the experience that will be. Wink
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

rOm
#37 Posted : 2/2/2010 3:03:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For those interested in Amanita Pantherina, I just bought some from Arena Ethnobotanicals, they shipped a day after my order.
They should be arriving tomorrow.
I try amanita muscaria once, ingested a cup and smoke a lot of those first and only time couples of years ago. That was a nice night with no discomfort.
The energy was there and very positive and nothing overpowering.
I'll dig slowly this potential soon...
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

biopsylo
#38 Posted : 2/4/2010 9:18:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yummy birch boletes and amanita muscaria wild harvested under the same birch trees in NZ.

biopsylo
#39 Posted : 2/4/2010 9:21:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

biopsylo attached the following image(s):
Image023.jpg (723kb) downloaded 82 time(s).

PREV12