We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
childhood pre-drug experimentation Options

Yneffable
#1 Posted : 12/5/2021 2:47:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi !

It is by reading the presentation of hedge that I wanted to share an experience, so not to interfere with his thread I allow myself to open this one.

null24 wrote:
I wonder how many of us have similar childhood pre-drug experimentation with changing consciousness experiences? I can definitely relate.
(see here)

Kid, I loved it! It happened with adolescence.
I have Alice in Wonderland Syndrome. It is a temporary attack in some cases (caused by a bacteria for example) and in rarer cases (like me) we do not know where it comes from, very often it is linked to migraines, and it is less temporary: D
During "crises" I have a visual distortion. Generally, patients see a shrink to learn to accept and not to be afraid, the causes of the disease are sought to put an end to it.
Me ... I spent all my childhood playing with it, having fun with the feelings of anguish linked to the visuals, I had even found how to trigger crises on purpose. Every night when I went to bed, I had my little trip.
I lost this "gift" during adolescence. Nostalgia, frustration, bitterness ... I never accepted "no longer seeing".
A miracle happened after I took LSD for the first time this year. I was surprised to see Alice's visual effects again. The crises are much more difficult to manage, generally I do not trigger them voluntarily, that I can no longer do, but I need a particular "set and setting" and always the same, so I can still try to provoke it through this bias.

I will be curious to read similar experiences, or stories from your childhood exploring unusual worlds.

Y.

sorry for my bad english i am using a translator to help me write to you

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Fridge
#2 Posted : 12/5/2021 8:21:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I saw this thread as well and it has brought back psychedelic childhood memories, so thank you for starting this one.

First of all I want to mention that I never heard of the Alice in wonderland syndrome. I am intrigued as it's one of my favorite books. Can you describe your experience a little closer?

I am asking as I can remember some very psychedelic moments I had between the age of about 4-10. I would suddenly feel "out of place". Everything around me felt unreal, a bit like being in a dream state. As far as I can remember, I didn't have visual distortions. It was just a peculiar feeling that came very suddenly, lasted for a few minutes and was gone just as quickly. I can remember these moments very vividly to this day. I never really mentioned it to anyone, so it has never been analized by anyone other than myself. I wasn't freaked out when it happened.

Then of course there are the visions I had when I had high fevers. These seem to be more common as I heard many people had them as a child.

...no need to worry...

Syragote
#3 Posted : 12/6/2021 8:00:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

-

ThomLi
#4 Posted : 12/14/2021 10:36:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From what I understand Alice in Wonderland syndrome is typified by viewing objects as either disproportionately large, OR small.
I didn’t know that there was more to it.