We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
So what’s the proper technique Options

Underclocked
#1 Posted : 8/8/2021 8:52:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What’s the proper technique to smoking this stuff Bong Joint Pipe?
Long holds? Short ones? How many? XD just curious what everyone style is

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Pile of cats
#2 Posted : 8/8/2021 1:56:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My experienced with it have been few but it's always been via bong with torch lighter and then holding the hit for as long as I can think to hold it, usually one hit does the trick for me with 10x

Has been about 7 years since the last one though and that last one largely put me off, I think if I were to give it another go, I'll probably go the quidding route, maybe with some harmalas in the mix.

null24
#3 Posted : 8/8/2021 10:52:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

You are kidding right?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 8/9/2021 2:20:40 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Voidmatrix wrote:
null24 wrote:
You are kidding right?

Laughing this is the second time one of your posts has cracked me up today null24 Big grin

This page of the wiki covers most ingestion methods.

For me, if freebase, then I vape on a mod using the Divine Tribe crucible. If changa, a bubbler used only for changa.

I hold it in for a 20 count minimum, but usually, each hit is held as long as I can.

One love

Yeah, but OP was asking about Salvia (at least, that's what I imagine considering this is the Salvia subforum).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Underclocked
#5 Posted : 8/11/2021 8:50:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I’m not kidding fuck I feel like smoking freebase dmt is a fucking art form…. Make or break the experience… you know before I dive into anything I gather as much knowledge as possible down to the inhale… i didn’t know this was nazi Germany… GEEZzzz

Just FYI no hate.. I’m just buzzed feeling froggy…

Underclocked
#6 Posted : 8/11/2021 8:53:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
null24 wrote:
You are kidding right?

Laughing this is the second time one of your posts has cracked me up today null24 Big grin

For me, if freebase, then I vape on a mod using the Divine Tribe crucible. If changa, a bubbler used only for changa.

I hold it in for a 20 count minimum, but usually, each hit is held as long as I can.

One love

Yeah, but OP was asking about Salvia (at least, that's what I imagine considering this is the Salvia subforum).

Also yes I’m speaking about salvia… everyone tells me one hit rocks their world so I was curious if it’s might be better to do a couple tiny puffs instead of a large inhale? Kinda walk in slowly sort of speak.

Pile of cats
#7 Posted : 8/11/2021 12:21:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It just comes down to dosage, I recommend weighing your doses and finding out what your concentrate is the equivalent of in plain leaf.

I really don't think Salvia is something you want to over do in terms of dosage, it can be brutal and many who over do it end up traumatized.

I think one of the key things with Salvia is that it's best done in silent darkness with you laying perfectly still, it seems sensory input of any kind is so greatly amplified that it can lead to a lot of confusion. one of my best / deepest experiences with it came from quite a low dose where I lay down immediately after taking the hit and just relaxed into it, the transition from here to the other side was so smooth and so there was no shock at all really.. the only shock came afterwards with how world shattering the experience was and in that moment, I wished I'd had a sitter who could've told me that I'd smoked salvia and that everything was fine as that'd have instantly dispelled any confusion I was feeling.

Quidding may be the better way to go.

Underclocked
#8 Posted : 12/13/2021 5:26:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pile of cats wrote:
It just comes down to dosage, I recommend weighing your doses and finding out what your concentrate is the equivalent of in plain leaf.

I really don't think Salvia is something you want to over do in terms of dosage, it can be brutal and many who over do it end up traumatized.

I think one of the key things with Salvia is that it's best done in silent darkness with you laying perfectly still, it seems sensory input of any kind is so greatly amplified that it can lead to a lot of confusion. one of my best / deepest experiences with it came from quite a low dose where I lay down immediately after taking the hit and just relaxed into it, the transition from here to the other side was so smooth and so there was no shock at all really.. the only shock came afterwards with how world shattering the experience was and in that moment, I wished I'd had a sitter who could've told me that I'd smoked salvia and that everything was fine as that'd have instantly dispelled any confusion I was feeling.

Quidding may be the better way to go.

Thanks brother!!! I appreciate you!!!!

Underclocked
#9 Posted : 12/13/2021 5:27:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
null24 wrote:
You are kidding right?

One love

Do MAOIs have an effect on Salvia?

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 12/13/2021 6:20:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I doubt there would be much effect since salvia is not an alkaloid, so missing nitrogen, and I do not believe it has any amino group.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

dreamer042
#11 Posted : 12/13/2021 10:28:49 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

General technique: use something with a chamber to condense the smoke (bong/bubbler). Burn it hot, put the weed etiquette aside and go ahead and torch that bowl. Hit it big as you can and hold it, hold it, hold it.

My experience is that smaller puffs do stack and enough of them will open the space.

Can certainly confirm the efficacy of minimizing sensory input, darkness and stillness are your friend if you want to avoid becoming the armchair.

Salvia is reverse tolerance, the more you use, the less you need. Be looking to step down the dosage over time if you use it regularly.

Harmalas do not potentiate salvia the way they do with a tryptamine, but there is a definite synergy and it's quite nice ime.

I've never been able to get a quid to work with dried leaf, I've had limited success with tincture, it works but it takes some doing. Fresh leaf works great if you can handle chewing enough of it to get in, it gets more and more bitter the more you chew and you really do have to earn it. I don't have any experience with complexing salvinorin, but it looks very promising and I'd suggest looking into that if you want to go for buccal admin.

Gracias Divina Pastora

Gracias por permitirnos acercarnos a ti, a través de esta hermosa devoción, gracias porque nos acompañas en todas nuestras tribulaciones hasta el punto de manifestar tu presencia.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 12/15/2021 4:21:28 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Underclocked wrote:

(
Voidmatrix wrote:
I doubt there would be much effect since salvia is not an alkaloid, so missing nitrogen, and I do not believe it has any amino group.
)
Harmala alkaloids have an effect on the activity of a number non-tryptamine of things through mechanisms either secondary to their RIMA activity or through any of several other types of activity that they also have.

Other MAOIs would have to be considered on a case-by-case basis, but seeing as opioid agonists can give rise to a downstream serotonin release, I would suggest it is best to avoid combining Salvia divinorum with an irreversible MAOI.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#13 Posted : 12/15/2021 1:55:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Underclocked wrote:

(
Voidmatrix wrote:
)
Harmala alkaloids have an effect on the activity of a number non-tryptamine of things through mechanisms either secondary to their RIMA activity or through any of several other types of activity that they also have.

Other MAOIs would have to be considered on a case-by-case basis, but seeing as opioid agonists can give rise to a downstream serotonin release, I would suggest it is best to avoid combining Salvia divinorum with an irreversible MAOI.

Thank you kindly for the correctionSmile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽