We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Working with water evaporated resin tar Options

Fruit is life
#1 Posted : 12/7/2021 10:52:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, so I have decided to test out resin with my bridgessi cuttings. I have frozen thawed and boiled several times, slowly evaporating the tea on low heat and filtering as sediment is forced out, which has left me with a very sticky tar like resin that when dried has the consistency of concrete. Surprised

It is very hard to work with..I am thinking possibly redissolving the tar in hot distilled water as it's very water soluble, and then filtering again to help remove unwanted material, and then evaporating on baking paper? Mix it with coconut flour maybe?

Does anyone have some advice working with this tar resin and how best to move it around/dose it.. seems near impossible to get into caps. Any tips re method of reducing its stickiness and getting into balls would be great. All advice and experience is much appreciated.. Big grin
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ijahdan
#2 Posted : 12/7/2021 11:13:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I made some very sticky cactus resin a couple of times and found that dusting it with cacao powder helped make it easier to handle and roll into balls. Any kind of floury powder should work, like making timy dumplings. I just swallowed them, chased with tea or juice.

Fruit is life
#3 Posted : 12/8/2021 10:31:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Take cacao powder is a great idea, will evap the crude resin/tea on baking paper and dust with cacao when it becomes hard.. thanks!
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.