We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia Senegal - Enough to micro-dose? Options

fish_free44
#1 Posted : 12/1/2021 8:20:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone.

I'm new here and wanted to find a place to ask a question about Acacia Senegal. I was wondering if anyone knows if acacia senegal can be used to create a very mild or micro dose form of an ayahuasca-like brew, if mixed with a very small amount of syrian rue (less than a gram).

I have noticed that effects of microdoses are hard to notice when awake, but become more noticeable when in a semi-sleep state (as well as in dreams).

https://en.wikipedia.org...n_psychoactive_alkaloids

An unaccessible source about Acacia Senegal on Wikipedia above says that Acacia Senegal has "0.003% DMT in leaf", but I am not quite sure what that percentage means. For example, how many acacia senegal leaves would equal one leaf of psychotria viridis? And moreover, acacia senegal seems like it is one of the more commonly used medicinal trees (gum arabic is used everywhere) but I am not entirely sure about if Acacia Senegal leaves are edible.

Like psychotria alba, perhaps it is hard to tell what is truly going on with Acacia Senegal due to lack of studies.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Dirty T
#2 Posted : 12/2/2021 6:23:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

At 0.003% content you would have to extract about 35,000 grams to get one gram of nn-dimethyltryptamine. At that rate we can figure out you would have to extract approximately 350 grams of material for 35mgs of DMT, the NPS would need to be evaporated because of the small amount of freebase DMT and the relatively large amount of NPS required for an extraction that large. To put it simply I would look for another source, that species does not sound promising and is likely to waste your time and frustrate you.

fish_free44
#3 Posted : 12/2/2021 7:22:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for this clarification. Unfortunately there are not many other acacias available as seed in my area that are listed in the wikipedia page below, other than acacia drepanolobium.
https://en.wikipedia.org...n_psychoactive_alkaloids

I read elsewhere there may be more DMT in bark or roots of Acacia Senegal tree, but the research is not conclusive yet on how much and if safe. Another source (I don't remember where) said that the detection method originally done on the leaves may have underestimated the amount of DMT in all of the trees in the study.

There is also Acacia drepanolobium (whistling thorn) that one study says has 0.8% in leaves, but I have not heard of any parts of this tree being consumed by anyone before.

If I found out if acacia senegal leaves were edible and I put Senegal leaves into a tea with a small amount of syrian rue, it would be below-threshold results, even if barely noticeable. Would mostly be the syrian rue though.

Dirty T
#4 Posted : 12/3/2021 4:37:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would consider growing Mimosa Hostilis. I am about to start myself. I decided if I'm going to continue doing this that self sustainability is very important. The seeds are readily available.

If you decide to go with the drepanolobium I suggest investing in a TLC kit, (I really suggest doing this anyways, it's very useful) to analyze the material before using it to be sure there is nothing toxic in it but at 0.8% it sounds far more promising than Senegal which would likely result in a placebo effect with your Rue tea. The only thing that grows naturally where I am is phallaris and a lot more work needs to be done before grass can be used as a reliable source for DMT. It's my future plan to get a hold of some turkey red phallaris and through testing and cloning develop a reliable plant source for 5meo-DMT, I am wholeheartedly against the use of Bufo Alvarius, I would love to have one od my own just to ensure it was never scared to force a secretion.

fish_free44
#5 Posted : 12/3/2021 5:07:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
I would consider growing Mimosa Hostilis. I am about to start myself. I decided if I'm going to continue doing this that self sustainability is very important. The seeds are readily available.

If you decide to go with the drepanolobium I suggest investing in a TLC kit, (I really suggest doing this anyways, it's very useful) to analyze the material before using it to be sure there is nothing toxic in it but at 0.8% it sounds far more promising than Senegal which would likely result in a placebo effect with your Rue tea. The only thing that grows naturally where I am is phallaris and a lot more work needs to be done before grass can be used as a reliable source for DMT. It's my future plan to get a hold of some turkey red phallaris and through testing and cloning develop a reliable plant source for 5meo-DMT, I am wholeheartedly against the use of Bufo Alvarius, I would love to have one od my own just to ensure it was never scared to force a secretion.

Thanks for suggestions. Unfortunately drepanolobium (and acacia xanthophloea and nilotica) are the only other acacia around. Can't get mimosa at this time, and extraction isn't something I really plan on doing. Would go for mild micro-dose of something safe combined with syrian rue instead.

I forgot to mention in message there is Delosperma cooperi and Psychotria alba/carthagenensis growing nearby (I wanted to focus on acacias for original discussion), but I am not sure of the D levels of alba and delosperma. I saw one study saying psychotria carthagenensis can potentially have 0.65% http://www.shaman-austra...a-virdis-carthaginensis/

As for delosperma, not sure exact levels either and whether it can actually be used safely. If all else fails, perhaps I'll just find plants for an easier visionary combo to explore, like chewed salvia leaves with a small amount of syrian rue and psychotria alba/carth. Was mainly just looking for something to give mild visuals during meditation, rather than a full-blown huasca experience.

Sorry if I'm going on a tangent, but for you and people who don't want to use toads, I wonder if you could use delosperma cooperi for 5meo instead?

Woolmer
#6 Posted : 12/3/2021 7:06:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Below is a paper relating to A. Senegal. They found an alkaloid content of 2.4%, though I'm not too sure of the validity. I emailed the author about what parts of the plant they used and he said they used every part... which is quite unclear.

It definitely is interesting medicinally and for it's use in food. Worth trying an extraction on some twig bark.

http://repository.sustec...nnins%203.pdf?sequence=1

fish_free44
#7 Posted : 12/3/2021 7:14:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Woolmer wrote:
Below is a paper relating to A. Senegal. They found an alkaloid content of 2.4%, though I'm not too sure of the validity. I emailed the author about what parts of the plant they used and he said they used every part... which is quite unclear.

It definitely is interesting medicinally and for it's use in food. Worth trying an extraction on some twig bark.

http://repository.sustec...nnins%203.pdf?sequence=1

Thank you for finding this, Woolmer I appreciate it.
I wonder what specific alkaloids they are talking about that was at 2.4% in Acacia Senegal.

Either way, I'm trying to find out if acacia leaves are edible or not. I have seen a video on youtube of someone making some kind of dinner from what looked like seedpods of acacia senegal, if it was actually an acacia senegal tree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piRS5sh7fcg

Dirty T
#8 Posted : 12/4/2021 8:23:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would imagine if it is used for food it would be the leaves that are used. With so little information available the only safe bet is a TLC kit as I suggested before, otherwise you are just making guesses as to what is in it.