We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychotria Alba DMT Mystery Options

fish_free44
#1 Posted : 12/2/2021 6:22:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone. Glad to now be a member of these forums. I wasn't sure where else to post this, but I figured here is a good place. Sorry if this discussion has appeared before, but it may be something that comes up once in a while.

There is what I thought may be a psychotria viridis plant that may actually be either alba or carthagenensis, due to the leaves not going all the way to the center.

If alba were truly inactive or non-visionary, why are there all these posts on various forums talking about how to grow psychotria alba? I recall also reading a conversation on an ayahuasca forum that a user named Ringworm says alba can be an experience as if it had DMT, and another person in the conversation also said the alba effect can be more if they are eaten rather than boiled. Perhaps the amount of DMT is low and only appears when a lot of alba leaves are used?

http://forums.ayahuasca....7&hilit=alba#p286027

http://forums.ayahuasca....=36280&p=267237&

A few times, I found that eating one of the alba leaves off this specific plant alongside a gram of syrian rue and passionflower was able to give some mild visionary effects, mostly while lying down and calming mind and closing eyes. (ex. mild visuals of magical characters, colorful shapes, and blue futuristic honeycomb pattern seeming to come out into my mind from movie I was watching).

I wonder if the alba leaves would show DMT if it whoever did the test on this forum tested in a different way with different samples? Perhaps all nine samples tested in that study just didn't detect it right, or it was too little to detect at that time?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 12/2/2021 8:10:42 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It appears P. alba is merely a synonym for P.carthaginensis which is said to be devoid of alkaloids. While it is broadly possible that there may exist some chemical race of P. alba that does produce DMT or some other visionary compound, I do rather wonder if there has been some confusion of identification. Have you compared your specimen with P. colorata? This would contain the alkaloid hodgkinsine which has both mu-opioid agonist and NDMA antagonist effects. While I wouldn't specifically recommend this, I could imagine that any visionary effects from P. colorata might well be enhanced by harmala alkaloids.

[SAFETY NOTICE: there is a real risk of potentially fatal serotonin syndrome if combining opioids with RIMAs!]

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

fish_free44
#3 Posted : 12/2/2021 8:51:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for that information, downwardsfromzero. I've never heard of hodgkinsine. If the plant gets those purple flowers, it might be psychotria coloratura, but I think it looks more like alba/carthagenensis from what I have seen so far.

http://www.shaman-austra...a-virdis-carthaginensis/

Perhaps if the plant is carthagenensis, and if the study near the top of the post in the link above is correct, it may have up to 0.65% DMT. I have seen some of the leaves on the plant having very subtle uneven spikes on the bottom veins corners (espina). I have combined it with harmalas from passion flower and/or syrian rue few times (less than half a gram so that it is safe), and it seems mildly visionary when lying down and focusing.

Jagube
#4 Posted : 12/5/2021 1:03:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychotria 'Nexus' is a hybrid between P. viridis and P. carthagenensis and it's used in brews. If P. carthagenensis contained an alkaloid in appreciable amounts that was incompatible with harmalas, wouldn't the hybrid?

skoobysnax
#5 Posted : 12/5/2021 1:34:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would love to see some photos of the leaves and/or flowers close up. I had a supposed abla. Never drank from it. I re-homed it 2 years ago but have a small one still this grew from seed dropping into the mother's pot. Very hardy. White flowers and red berries. A botanical spirit clone.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

fish_free44
#6 Posted : 12/5/2021 3:33:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
Psychotria 'Nexus' is a hybrid between P. viridis and P. carthagenensis and it's used in brews. If P. carthagenensis contained an alkaloid in appreciable amounts that was incompatible with harmalas, wouldn't the hybrid?

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the wording of quote above. Does it mean to say that if P. Carthagenensis had no or negligible DMT, wouldn't the P. nexus hybrid also have no or negligible DMT? Or vise versa if P Carth had very high DMT, wouldn't hybrid also have high DMT?

I wonder if perhaps the DMT in alba and carthagenensis is usually low or none, but every once in a while a few leaves on the plant make DMT (like the one study that said 0.65% , and also why all alba samples tested by dmt-nexus were no DMT... perhaps it has a cycle.

fish_free44
#7 Posted : 12/7/2021 1:08:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Here are photos of the plant supported by a rod, if anyone knows what it is. First is the whole plant, and second is the underside of one of the leaves.