We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pan Cyans! Options

M0K0
#1 Posted : 5/10/2021 2:22:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello my dear Friends,
Yesterday swim tried his first Panaeolus cyanescens and those little guys brought him to overthink his list of favorite substances, here is why:

Swim never had such a pleasant experience and he only did 1g.

Swim is a experinced psychadelic user and for cubes he would not start under 3g.
Because it was his first time dancing with this species he only did 0.9g and prepared for smoking weed and having the shrooms hit him every 20minutes or so.

I was waiting for the body load i experienced with other Shrooms like liberty caps or Cubes.
There was no body Load at all, i was trippin nuts after 60 Minutes in and i had a solid Mushroom experience wich felt clearer than LSD25 wich is actually my preferred substance because of its simplicity.

I never had such vivid Hallucinations like:
-clouds glitching infront of me
-the forest transforming into a big autonomous organism with a mouth
-color changes like in freaking videa games

You should try this stuff, it took me years to find it and it is my favorite now, now go and get them!

Love is OUT!

If you smoke it right, you can't hold a pipe.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sky Motion
#2 Posted : 11/7/2021 12:57:57 AM

<3

Been hunting for these in my home state, excited! heard great things like this.

Seeingisbelieving
#3 Posted : 11/7/2021 2:00:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It blows my mind regarding his vivid hallucinations ...I get these sorts of effects off of 350 mg of psilocybe cubensis I grow.

null24
#4 Posted : 11/7/2021 4:50:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Nice. Pans are said to be one of if not the most potent psilocybin mushroom. Blue meanies indeed. One of these days I will hopefully get to try some. Interesting that you had little body load, sounds appealing to me.
Quote:
FROM WIKIPEDIA: Laussmann & Sigrid Meier-Giebing (2010) reported the presence of psilocybin at 2.5% and psilocin at 1.194% average from 25 samples seized by German customs that were shipments from commercial growers (making modern commercially cultivated strains of this species the most potent hallucinogenic mushrooms ever described in reputable published research).[2] Other researchers have documented a significant presence of serotonin and urea in this species as well as the presence of baeocystin which may also be psychoactive.[3]

Sky Motion- pan cyans are exceedingly rare in the US. You may be thinking of psilocybe cyanescens or wavy caps which is a different species. Those are my favorite things that pop outta the ground this time of year, and are also very potent. Ps cyans are wood-lovers while pans are coprophilic.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Fridge
#5 Posted : 11/8/2021 12:29:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am glad you had a pleasant experience!

I once got to try 1gram myself a long time ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I tried to cultivate them till the green got hold of the tubs, just one week ago.

@null, I find it especially appealing that these contain serotonin. Maybe that's why the body load is less prominent?
...no need to worry...

Tony6Strings
#6 Posted : 11/8/2021 1:46:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Null, they do grow in Florida I believe, and maybe some other southern states. Also Hawaii I would imagine, as they are called Hawaiians by nickname... I am considering trying to grow some, I hear they are a little more involved than cubes.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Sky Motion
#7 Posted : 11/11/2021 1:50:09 AM

<3

Tony6Strings wrote:
Null, they do grow in Florida I believe, and maybe some other southern states. Also Hawaii I would imagine, as they are called Hawaiians by nickname... I am considering trying to grow some, I hear they are a little more involved than cubes.

hehe, SWIM MIGHT be from Florida and can confirm that yes, Pan cyans are here Pleased

Sky Motion
#8 Posted : 11/29/2021 5:37:50 PM

<3

Update - 1g dried has been foraged and ready for launch! (when I'm ready)

MOKO thanks for encouraging my interest in this particular mushroom. I'll write my own trip report off 1g after consumption Smile

Dirty T
#9 Posted : 11/29/2021 5:54:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Several years ago I bought some shrooms from a guy that had all kinds in it, Pan Cyans, Azurcens, Cyanescens, APE, PE, Gyms, Tampenesis. It was a jar full of all kinds. I have no idea where he got them but it was the last time I ever bought any. It inspired me to grow them myself. Besides the carrying strength the only difference I have ever really noticed between strains and even species are in Albino types which have something extra going on with them. I have some PE in a jar in my kitchen my buddy gave me from Colorado over a year ago. Maybe one day I'll get to try them out.

Enjoy your Pans and safe travels. Pans are awesome, a gram should be a decent dose and a good time (or good meditation, that's what I do with them)

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 11/29/2021 5:56:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sky Motion wrote:

MOKO thanks for encouraging my interest in this particular mushroom. I'll write my own trip report off 1g after consumption Smile

In this circumstance, and given the species, taking spore prints is practically an obligation.

Have a good one!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Dirty T
#11 Posted : 11/29/2021 6:39:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if they were dried using a dehydrator or the like the spores are no longer viable. Pans van be tricky to print anyways but swabs work well. They are a solid candidate for home cultivation and grow in similar conditions to cubes, the only caveat is they require the bacteria from feces to trigger pinning which is the reason I've never been a big fan of pan cult.

Sky Motion
#12 Posted : 11/29/2021 7:24:45 PM

<3

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Sky Motion wrote:

In this circumstance, and given the species, taking spore prints is practically an obligation.

Have a good one!

Hey down, why do you say so? Worried about misidentification?

Had a lot of people double check for me, they BLED blue out of the cow dung and there are no other toxic lookalikes from my area that are coprophilous. There is one lookalike that is non-toxic and edible although not tasty however I found many of these and none bled blue.

They are now dried with black and blue stems. Spore print aint happenin. I have hunted and consumed wild cubes from the same field.

I live in the central part of the wiener of the USA Pleased

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 11/30/2021 12:39:21 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Maybe my phrasing was a bit off. It just seemed it would be nice to get some prints from fresh specimens for posterity's sake, in case you encountered someone who would find that 'interesting'. As we see:
Dirty T wrote:
They are a solid candidate for home cultivation
or maybe someone would want to do some microscopy.

The attempts at second-guessing my economical verbiage have served me instructively. If anyone ever wonders why most of my posts are overly detailed, this will be the reason.

Don't hold onto the mushrooms for too long; from what I gather, they're not so great at holding their potency over time.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Sky Motion
#14 Posted : 11/30/2021 1:05:10 AM

<3

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Maybe my phrasing was a bit off. It just seemed it would be nice to get some prints from fresh specimens for posterity's sake, in case you encountered someone who would find that 'interesting'. As we see:
Dirty T wrote:
They are a solid candidate for home cultivation
or maybe someone would want to do some microscopy.

The attempts at second-guessing my economical verbiage have served me instructively. If anyone ever wonders why most of my posts are overly detailed, this will be the reason.

Don't hold onto the mushrooms for too long; from what I gather, they're not so great at holding their potency over time.

Ahh I figured it could have been for curiosity sake. I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to chemical / scientific aspects of psychedelics but the next fresh ones I find (I go quite often and apparently they come year round) I will do a print for yall!

Dirty T
#15 Posted : 11/30/2021 2:21:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the whole mush loses potency thing is a myth. If they're in a sealed container with a dessicant in a dark place they will last pretty much indefinitely. Now without a dessicant or in the light, yes it oxidizes and degrades the actives. The main key to preserving psilocybin is to keep light, moisture and oxygen away from it.

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 11/30/2021 3:32:49 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Dirty T wrote:
I think the whole mush loses potency thing is a myth. If they're in a sealed container with a dessicant in a dark place they will last pretty much indefinitely. Now without a dessicant or in the light, yes it oxidizes and degrades the actives. The main key to preserving psilocybin is to keep light, moisture and oxygen away from it.

What I'm saying is, if the optimal conditions are not followed, Pan cyans will fare less well than some other species, particularly liberty caps.

Dirty T
#17 Posted : 11/30/2021 6:19:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hear you loud and clear. I just know from experience that psilocybin is very easy to preserve. I'm about to run some tubs because I'm running low and will run out in a few months. I do a big closet full so I won't have to grow again for a year plus and have plenty of extra to share with friends. I share mush, molecule not so much but I occasionally have a friend show up that I let vape a little on my couch.