We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How do you store your extra herbs longterm? Options

Voidmatrix
#1 Posted : 3/4/2021 7:00:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Hey My Fellow Hyperspacers,

I've been all about that changa life as of late. So much so, that I've realized I have a great many of extra herbs for future batches.

Presently, I only make use of 1g of herbs at most when making a new batch. And a batch will last me at least a month, but more commonly longer.

That being said, I would like to keep some of the herbs that I won't be using anytime soon in a state that preserves their freshness for when their time comesSmile.

How do you store your herbs for long periods of time?

Freezing? Refrigeration? Vacuum sealing? Moisture packs? Nothing at all? lmao

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Seeingisbelieving
#2 Posted : 3/4/2021 7:03:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like to store my medicinal smoking herbs in zigzags for obvious reasons but if you're not smoking them a AIRTIGHT glass jar stored in a cool ,dark environment should be good.

p.s. You can always stuff your herbs into tea bags and make tea...People have been doing it for a LONG TIME

Mitakuye Oyasin
#3 Posted : 3/4/2021 10:58:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love using Glass jars and a vacuum seal system. Mason jars work great with a Pump-N-Seal system. I'm still using a Pump-N-Seal that I bought 20 years ago. I store my Cannabis extracts like honey oil in vacuum sealed glass and they have as much potency and flavor today as they did over a decade ago.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 3/5/2021 3:26:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
I like to store my medicinal smoking herbs in zigzags for obvious reasons but if you're not smoking them a AIRTIGHT glass jar stored in a cool ,dark environment should be good.

p.s. You can always stuff your herbs into tea bags and make tea...People have been doing it for a LONG TIME

Oh yeah those reasons are definitely obvious lolThumbs up

Also, good call on the teabags. Some of them would be good as teas for various reasons.

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
I love using Glass jars and a vacuum seal system. Mason jars work great with a Pump-N-Seal system. I'm still using a Pump-N-Seal that I bought 20 years ago. I store my Cannabis extracts like honey oil in vacuum sealed glass and they have as much potency and flavor today as they did over a decade ago.

So you provide a double whammy of preservation, eh? I like it. For some of the more special herbs I have a lot of, I may go that route and then freeze.

Impressive planned obsolescence hasn't hampered your devices over timeBig grin

You have 10 year old cannabis extract? Laughing

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Mitakuye Oyasin
#5 Posted : 3/5/2021 4:51:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Got a 21 year old extract as well. Potency only slightly less than original. Tastes a wee bit different but tastes nice. Packs a whollop. Never had it tested but I'd guess it is at around 650mg/g now and got extracted and went into glass around 21 years ago at around 750mg/g. A really nice original SourD strain. That is my oldest and one of my finest extracts.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

WisdomTooth
#6 Posted : 11/29/2021 1:19:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Miron glass jars(optimal jar for storing medicine long term)
In Honey or in Alcohol/
tinctures in fridge.
Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.

Dirty T
#7 Posted : 11/29/2021 6:42:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Glass jars and humidity packs work great for me. I have cannabis over a year old that's actually in better condition now then when I bought it thanks to those little packets.