We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
One New Message Options

Lampeyelittle
#1 Posted : 5/2/2020 7:25:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear DMT Nexus,

“When you get the message, hang up the phone. For psychedelic drugs are simply instruments, like microscopes, telescopes, and telephones. The biologist does not sit with eye permanently glued to the microscope; he goes away and works on what he has seen.” - Alan Watts

Perhaps the most difficult time in a psychonaut’s life is not challenging trips themselves, but the period of reflection that comes after them. Perhaps it’s the idea that these lessons are beyond language- and largely understanding. I’ve learned enough to know that total understanding is futile, I am at peace with the unknown.

I have had trips that teach me lessons about myself. They have shown me difficult truths I had overlooked for too long. Borderline painful criticisms of myself that took weeks to even begin to accept. But I’ve been caught off guard by the trips that don’t teach anything at all.

And as much as my ego doesn’t want to admit it, DMT is a personal enigma.

Of course, expectations are futile when it comes to psychedelics. But my experiences with DMT have been so far from the norm of trip reports, it has left me with more confusion than anything else. People report sailing waves of the cosmos, meeting foreign beings made of infinite love. What I experience is far from that, and while it’s certainly a very special place, I can not help but be almost disappointed. Every time I smoke I go to that same place and get the strongest feeling that “this is all there is.” I know there can be so much more to DMT, but I feel like I can never “most past” that place and that feeling.

I want to thank all of you kind people in this community for the advice and support you have given me throughout my journey thus far. This community is sincerely the kindest group of people I have ever met on the internet.

This is not a goodbye, I will continue to seek my understanding of this strange substance. This has just been a step back for me, to look at my life as a whole, and decide where psychedelics fall under it. Passionate expectation can be blinding to the real truth.

For now, I'll continue to enjoy the strange reality of our own, with it's so-called "time" and cause-and-effect.

Until next time,

Lamp
"And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

strtman
#2 Posted : 5/2/2020 2:38:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When you get the message, hang up the phone? Is this man crazy? Just pick up the phone again Smile. Enjoy the ride. It is about exploring the magic of reality.

Maybe your expectations are too high. What I notice after reading hundreds and hundreds of posts, is that most people make journeys with the intention to get personal insight. They expect ‘answers’ about their behavior, the self, what to do, how to act. Put that aside and look at it at a different angle. How insanely privileged we are to even have the possibility to explore the realms of hyperspace in general, to know that there is so much more than this 3D Earth ‘reality’.

Go tripping with a different view, try to forget yourself as being important, see the greater picture, you will become a rich man.

Good luck.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Jees
#3 Posted : 5/2/2020 4:10:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Lampeyelittle,
I've done many medium dosed pharma's (say below 85 mg FB) where the show was not a goal, but to see my own mind at work and to interfere/steer with that mind's work.
I also use the molecules to restore disturbed bio-rhythm, I need that as a shift-worker.
The tool is very versatile Thumbs up

I find it rather pretentious of people to think they have seen it all, perhaps they have seen all their limitations and not further than that Pleased

Pharma's have a wide scope of usefulness Thumbs up

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 5/2/2020 4:49:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, who said Watts was right? He was just another human being trying to make sense of all this. I also find it interesting that although he advised the hanging up of the phone on psychedelics, he had a lifelong affinity for the drink.

Smoalk Moar is the motto, I don't know where the heck all this "Hang up the phone" nonsense came from.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

hug46
#5 Posted : 5/3/2020 2:31:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that Alan Watts had some pretty good things to say and i don't think that his propensity for alcohol detracted from the value of his words for me.

Lampeyelittle wrote:
For now, I'll continue to enjoy the strange reality of our own, with it's so-called "time" and cause-and-effect.

That is a cool thing to do as well.

WisdomTooth
#6 Posted : 11/29/2021 5:55:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Life is about how well you play the game, the better you play, the more you will enjoy it.
Fundamentally, there are no rules to the game.

One of the most profound messages a little divine jester left me on a trail end of a powerful DMT experience was... Just remember, its only a game.. and those who have the most fun WIN ~
Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.

PedroSanchez
#7 Posted : 11/29/2021 4:03:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i hang up the phone sometimes, but there is no harm calling my old friend back whenever i want to chat