We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Rue base, Sodium carbonate + sodium hydroxide? Options

murklan
#1 Posted : 11/26/2021 4:43:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I've done my normal extraction of raw rue seeds. I did however not measure ph or the amount of Sodium carbonate for the first basifying. After a day in the fridge I strained the harmalas but did not think it was as much as I'm used to, and the liquid was still very opaque (but with a green tint, because of a lot of Sodium carbonate I've heard).

So I added sodium hydroxide to the liquid it to see if something more would precipitate. It did become more murky and I could see that it is slowly separating. But now I wonder. Is it ok to mix Sodium carbonate + sodium hydroxide?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 11/26/2021 5:44:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes you are fine. Just wash your final product, or manske.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Jees
#3 Posted : 11/26/2021 6:47:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
Yes you are fine. Just wash your final product, or manske.
+1
I've also found sodcarb not 'powerful' enough on its own to precipitate all the harmalas, a pedal to the metal with lye on top of it fixes the job. Thumbs up

murklan
#4 Posted : 11/26/2021 9:24:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great! Pedal to the metal it is.
Or a gentle but firm coaxing of the rue spirits. Smile

Tony6Strings
#5 Posted : 11/27/2021 7:50:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After performing several rue extractions this way, I went to using sodium hydroxide from the get go. It makes for beautiful fluffy clouds of freebase alkaloid crashing out, one of my favorite extractions to perform just because it is so fun to watch. I also love the sight of a cold mason jar filled with the beautiful spun gold needles of Mansked harmala HCL. Harmalas are so cool I love them.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

murklan
#6 Posted : 11/28/2021 12:01:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree, it's really nice to look at. The clouds, the manske crystals AND all the UV-glow that you can make with it!
Not to mention the substances in themselves.