We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What Is This and Is It Salvagable? Options

Voidmatrix
#1 Posted : 11/27/2021 9:27:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Hey all,

So, as you can see there's a dark spot and paling occurring around the bottom half of the smaller cactus (the main one in the pic).

Anyone ever seen this before? It kind of looks like rot a little. I'm wondering if it had been to close to the heating vent on the floor of my room. Thank you for all of your help.

One love
Voidmatrix attached the following image(s):
Poor Guy.jpg (2,559kb) downloaded 48 time(s).
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 11/27/2021 9:47:20 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I can't see any picture yet.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 11/27/2021 9:50:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
I can't see any picture yet.

Nope,
I'm just a dope,
That forgot to upload,
The proper photo.

Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 11/27/2021 10:25:00 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

OK, that little piece needs to come right out, right now. Is the big stem still looking OK? Maybe the whole pot needs checking for root mealies. Only the green tip of the little offset(?) stands any chance of being saved (I mean, the big stem will almost certainly be fine as well). Trim it off above the yellow bit and ensure there's no discoloration inside. Then leave it somewhere well-ventilated to callus over.

If you're really lucky that piece will survive, although it's hard to get a sense of exactly how big it is from the photo. Some fair while after it has callussed over, it should start to develop the beginnings of roots. At that point it can be potted up.

I'd spray that grey mouldy looking zone with isopropanol to be on the safe side, too.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 11/27/2021 10:46:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
OK, that little piece needs to come right out, right now. Is the big stem still looking OK? Maybe the whole pot needs checking for root mealies. Only the green tip of the little offset(?) stands any chance of being saved (I mean, the big stem will almost certainly be fine as well). Trim it off above the yellow bit and ensure there's no discoloration inside. Then leave it somewhere well-ventilated to callus over.

If you're really lucky that piece will survive, although it's hard to get a sense of exactly how big it is from the photo. Some fair while after it has callussed over, it should start to develop the beginnings of roots. At that point it can be potted up.

I'd spray that grey mouldy looking zone with isopropanol to be on the safe side, too.

Thank you. I will take care of it ASAP. I'll need to go to the store to pick up a terracotta pot for it.

The big one is just fine it appears. So I'm going to sever that small chunk at the top and try to save it and then plant it in its own pot and see what happens.

Appreciate your assistance and input as always.

One love