We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Alduce me to introlow myself Options

hedge
#1 Posted : 11/24/2021 11:07:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Nexus, I’m hedge, and my mind has been blown.

My experimentation with altered stated began early on, when I would spin around until I got so dizzy that I’d fall down, wheee! Later, I’d press on my eyelids and enjoy my first closed eye visuals I can remember.

When I was 12, I snooped around for Christmas presents in my parents bedroom. I found their cannabis plant instead! D.A.R.E. propaganda had me freaking out because my own parents were CRIMINALS. They must be bad people! I didn’t close the closet properly, so later that day Dad told me it was his medicine for his epilepsy. For years after I was quite anti-pot. But I enjoyed the delirium that staying up all night giggling with friends at sleepovers.

I found the old lycaeum.org probably in 1999 and could not stop reading. DXM was accessible in the form of cough syrup. It was chuggable easily enough. A few robotrips under my belt increased my confidence. How about diphenhydramine AND DXM? I do not recommend! Once was enough.

I scored two hits of acid, purple gel tabs, and ate one. An hour later, classic rookie mistake, I felt nothing and took the second. The guy I got them from said they’d been in his sock drawer for a while and might be weak. They most certainly were not. At the peak of my solo walk around town the world melted, and I had to retreat. It was terror.

After my acid trip I decided maybe I could try pot, after a friend said it wasn’t unlike that old beloved tired delirium. Well, it turns out I love cannabis!

Mushrooms have delighted me and also horrified me in endless loops of dread. They’ve helped me quit a 20 year cigarette habit and have helped me mourn and accept the loss of my mother and father who both passed too young. They’ve made me sore in the face and tummy with unabashed giggle fits. They’ve given me UNDERSTANDING, of all and everything. Now, if I could just recall what it was…

These days I’m a gardener and arborist. I keep bees and chickens. My dog and cats are pretty cool, as is my wife. She’s not psychonaut though, she has her own path, parallel in many ways, but separate. I like to grow my mushrooms and cannabis. Soon I will extract my own DMT. I've been told the best time to plant cacti is 10 years ago, so I hope to get some seeds going soon.

A friend gave me the DMT he extracted some time ago, at least two years I think. We traded eggs for it. It’s reddish and somewhat gooey but with some beautiful crystals. I had it for months before I felt ready to try it out. My mind was blown. My third time, sandwich method, I broke through. There was absolutely a feeling of lifting off, like a rocket leaving the atmosphere. The place I arrived at was so intimately familiar. Beings made of pastel light gave me extremely rapid reassurances and tidings of love. When it was time to leave, I floated gently downwards like a feather falling. I wept with joy!

This molecule is beyond fascinating and imminently worthy of attention. I’m glad to be here to further explore, learn, share and have fun.
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

null24
#2 Posted : 11/25/2021 8:35:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Welcome, thanks for the intro. I wonder how many of us have similar childhood pre-drug experimentation with changing consciousness experiences? I can definitely relate.

Sounds like you have a beneficial relationship with the psychedelics you have used. Ans yes, DMT is surely crazy weird and fascinating!! Glad you are here, look forward to seeing your posts.Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 11/26/2021 4:30:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great intro! Informative and direct!

Sounds like your spice may be jungle spice, so having some other molecules that affect the experience. Neither good nor bad, just thought you'd like to know of that potential.

That happened to me with acid once too... I feel you lmao Big grin

I also grow cannabis and mushrooms. Cannabis commercially, mushrooms at home. I also have 13 baby psychoactive cacti in my room.

Thank you for sharing. Do be sure to let us know how your extraction goes and you have support here if you need any help.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Metta-Morpheus
#4 Posted : 11/26/2021 11:44:23 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Hello hedge, welocome!

I would like to say that mushrooms also helped me kick a 15 year smoking habit. Very glad to hear they have helped you as well. They are currently my biggest plant ally.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 11/26/2021 5:49:18 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks for sharing your intro, hedge. It was great talking to you in the chat the other night also.

I love that you swapped some eggs to get your first DMT, that is somehow lovely and poetic.

Mushrooms also persistently told me not to smoke too.

Wishing you well for your first extraction. If you can bake a cake (you've got to do something with all those eggs!), you can extract DMT.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

hedge
#6 Posted : 11/30/2021 2:08:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Great intro! Informative and direct!

Sounds like your spice may be jungle spice, so having some other molecules that affect the experience. Neither good nor bad, just thought you'd like to know of that potential.

I also grow cannabis and mushrooms. Cannabis commercially, mushrooms at home. I also have 13 baby psychoactive cacti in my room.

That makes sense, if I recall correctly my friend said they used xylene as an NPS. I feel somewhat partial to the jungle spice, likely as it's what I've had, ha. I have Q21Q21's Vinegar/Lime A/B Extraction Tek #1 on my radar, for that jimjam goodness. I've been having a time trying to find if the xylene I've come across is ok to use. Klean Strip xylene or Sunnyside xylol, I've found mixed opinions about the presence of ethylbenzene and cumene. The reading continues.

I had a chance to work with cannabis commercially, but turned it down, which 18 year old me would never believe. I'm self employed and the option to chose my hours and jobs is hard to turn away from. Have you grown at home for personal use? I imagine there's a different feel to it, but maybe not too much.

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
I would like to say that mushrooms also helped me kick a 15 year smoking habit. Very glad to hear they have helped you as well. They are currently my biggest plant ally.

Mine as well. I prefer ingesting in a licorice tea with honey. Now I swear my pupils dilate a bit when I brew a cup sans mushrooms. It's remarkable how I don't have any cravings, at all. I sometimes like the smell of a cigarette being smoked nearby (ew lol), but there's never any desire. I just think of how dizzy and disgusting I know I'd feel if I took a puff. It's been 3 years, no looking back.

"downwardsfromzero wrote:
Thanks for sharing your intro, hedge. It was great talking to you in the chat the other night also.

I love that you swapped some eggs to get your first DMT, that is somehow lovely and poetic.

Mushrooms also persistently told me not to smoke too.

Wishing you well for your first extraction. If you can bake a cake (you've got to do something with all those eggs!), you can extract DMT.

It was a pleasure talking to you as well, though, the pseudonym nicks in chat will have me confused for ages. It's hard to learn so many names for one nexian!

Did you listen to the mushrooms about smoking?

Thanks for the well wishing for My First Extraction™. I can bake a cake, though I prefer a dutch baby pancake or a quiche for mass egg usage. I'm a better cook than baker though, which seems more appropriate to extraction. Mise en place must be as appropriate for a delicious quiche as it is for an extraction!

Fridge
#7 Posted : 11/30/2021 2:42:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Hedge, it's a bit late, but also a welcome from my side!

I can relate to your first experiences of altering your state of mind too. Isn't it fascinating that there seems to be a natural drive to explore altered states of mind? At least for some people?

I'm glad psychedelics are playing a beneficial role in your life! Mushrooms have caused me to stop drinking and give up a moderate drinking habit that formed during my early teens. I did not set an intention, it just has been revealed to me that alcohol isn't beneficial to my life. I haven't had a beer in two years now and I don't miss it.
I wonder, have you set the intention to stop smoking or did it just occur to you to stop out of nowhere?
...no need to worry...

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 11/30/2021 3:09:41 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Did you listen to the mushrooms about smoking?
Eventually, although it was only ever cannabis reefers so any nicotine habituation was largely incidentally - unlike some of the poor tobacco heads for whom it becomes a struggle, it was always easy enough just not to smoke.

But there is that old quip, "stopping smoking is easy, I've done it loads of times!" Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

hedge
#9 Posted : 12/1/2021 12:49:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fridge wrote:
Hey Hedge, it's a bit late, but also a welcome from my side!

I can relate to your first experiences of altering your state of mind too. Isn't it fascinating that there seems to be a natural drive to explore altered states of mind? At least for some people?

I'm glad psychedelics are playing a beneficial role in your life! Mushrooms have caused me to stop drinking and give up a moderate drinking habit that formed during my early teens. I did not set an intention, it just has been revealed to me that alcohol isn't beneficial to my life. I haven't had a beer in two years now and I don't miss it.
I wonder, have you set the intention to stop smoking or did it just occur to you to stop out of nowhere?

Never too late, Fridge, thanks for the welcome.

It is fascinating that some of us have that drive to explore our inner spaces. null42 above is among us, and I'd bet most of us on this forum were young explorers of some sort. I think it's fairly safe to say one doesn't seek DMT if one's not of an inquisitive mind. Terence McKenna said, "But from the time that I was a very small child I was an edge-runner. ... In other words, pushing out at the edge of the permissible, at the edge of the probable; looking for a certain something—a scintilla, a spark, a possibility."

I find that sentiment pretty relatable.

I'm happy for you that mushrooms lead you to a place where you stopped drinking. I did have set intentions of stopping smoking going into one particular trip. I had it in mind for a month before, I'd do 3.5-6 g monthly full moon trips by campfire. So, over a month I kept telling myself that I would quit at the next full moon, January 2019. The time came, I had my tea, bundled up and started the fire. I *really* love to listen to Heilung during the comeup. Once I feel the rising energy in my limbs, I spark a joint and get my headphones on. I dislike the term magic mushrooms, but it was like magic. There was no epic struggle, no symbolic battle of light and dark, no ancestral purging of generational pain. I had a lovely night, and no longer desired nicotine.

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Eventually, although it was only ever cannabis reefers so any nicotine habituation was largely incidentally - unlike some of the poor tobacco heads for whom it becomes a struggle, it was always easy enough just not to smoke.

But there is that old quip, "stopping smoking is easy, I've done it loads of times!" Big grin

Hey, any less nicotine is probably a good amount. And yes, that quip true, I've stopped smoking tens of thousands of times before it actually took! It's a paralell to Mitch Hedberg's line, "I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."

Yneffable
#10 Posted : 12/5/2021 2:53:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi !

What a pleasant presentation, I enjoyed reading it, thank you for writing it!

null24 wrote:
Welcome, thanks for the intro. I wonder how many of us have similar childhood pre-drug experimentation with changing consciousness experiences? I can definitely relate.

Je me suis permise d'ouvrir un fil pour décrire mon expérience sans parasiter le fil de Hedge
=> here

Nice day everyone!

Y.

hedge
#11 Posted : 12/6/2021 10:35:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yneffable wrote:
Hi !

What a pleasant presentation, I enjoyed reading it, thank you for writing it!

null24 wrote:

Je me suis permise d'ouvrir un fil pour décrire mon expérience sans parasiter le fil de Hedge
=> here

Nice day everyone!

Y.

Thanks Yneffable, I'm glad you enjoyed it and I appreciate the appreciation! I'll be sure to follow the above thread that you've started.

Voidmatrix
#12 Posted : 12/8/2021 3:29:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Every now and then, though I'm on here almost all the time, I miss a response. This is an example of that Smile

hedge wrote:
That makes sense, if I recall correctly my friend said they used xylene as an NPS. I feel somewhat partial to the jungle spice, likely as it's what I've had, ha. I have Q21Q21's Vinegar/Lime A/B Extraction Tek #1 on my radar, for that jimjam goodness. I've been having a time trying to find if the xylene I've come across is ok to use. Klean Strip xylene or Sunnyside xylol, I've found mixed opinions about the presence of ethylbenzene and cumene. The reading continues.

I had a chance to work with cannabis commercially, but turned it down, which 18 year old me would never believe. I'm self employed and the option to chose my hours and jobs is hard to turn away from. Have you grown at home for personal use? I imagine there's a different feel to it, but maybe not too much.

That's a route have yet to meander down, but I'm sure I will. I just have so much FB and changa available already that I really don't need to do an extraction right now (DMT anyway, I'm planning another caapi extraction soon).

I am hoping to be in a similar circumstance in the coming years. For now, growing pays the bills, puts food on the table and all that good stuff. I have not grown at home, but have helped people with their own home grows. So much more freedom than within the bounds of commercial cannabis.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽