We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
will xylene evap without a breeze? Options

flyboy
#1 Posted : 2/3/2010 12:20:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

swim put his perhaps 150ml tray of xylene down in the building's boiler room to evap so he doesn't get a headache...it's warm in there but no breeze, the air in completely still.. will it ever evaporate or will he be waiting 6 months Smile ?

incredibly stupid question.: would it evaporate better outside where there is a breeze but its awfully wet and below freezing?

or should swim deal with it, fan on 24/7 until its done. This is his first red attempt and he's anxious to see if anything comes out!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

benzyme
#2 Posted : 2/3/2010 12:26:42 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

cover it with something before you subject it to any cross-drafts or anything.
it will take a few days to a week, in still air.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

q21q21
#3 Posted : 2/3/2010 4:21:43 AM

SWIM

Xylene takes forever without sun/breeze.

Even naptha take a while without a breeze.

SWIM has had xylene evaporate in a couple hours on a summer day, but like he said even naptha sitting in a cupboard took 2-3 days for not even enough to cover the bottom of the tray... it is winter here tho.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

mumbles
#4 Posted : 2/3/2010 5:18:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It will evaporate very slowly without a fan but you don't want to do this in a space you can't flush with fresh air. Inhaling xylene or any solvent is a real bad idea.