We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Fridge's DMT inspired art Options

Fridge
#1 Posted : 10/26/2021 11:46:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,

the title gives it pretty much away. I decided to start doing artwork again. What better place to share my work than here, I thought.
The first impressions of the DMT realms really started my creative motor again. It feels good.

A while ago I painted a picture using acrylic paint, which is a medium I haven't been using so far. I tried to paint what I saw during my first few sub-breakthrough trips. It turned out to be a very simplistic version of what I actually saw, but it was great fun.
Yesterday I got the idea to take a picture of the painting and let it evolve a bit using gimp and my wacom draw pad. It turned out to be much more authentic and comes close to what I see just before breakthrough.

Fridge attached the following image(s):
IMG_20211026_102143.jpg (4,743kb) downloaded 322 time(s).
IMG_20211026_10255144355.jpg (11,325kb) downloaded 323 time(s).
...no need to worry...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Bill Cipher
#2 Posted : 10/26/2021 3:34:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nicely done. Ain't none of us ever gonna bring back a literal translation, but it's fun and satisfying (if not a bit frustrating in it's impossibility) to try. It's an endlessly inspiring experience. Keep making em. You're definitely on to something!

Kitisha
#3 Posted : 10/26/2021 4:03:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you fridge, very cool! Smile

Fridge
#4 Posted : 10/27/2021 8:28:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am glad you two like it Smile.

And I agree it can be a tiny bit frustrating not to be able to make a 100% accurate duplicate of what one saw. I want to try to make a post-breakthrough drawing, but I don't even know where to start. I got the picture in my mind, but it seems like being impossible to ban it on paper (or a computer screen). I guess I will try anyway.
...no need to worry...

Seeingisbelieving
#5 Posted : 10/27/2021 6:27:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey fridge. i like your work. It reminds me of some of my older stuff in this thread.. It's hard to recall the dmt space after the fact but it is 100 times easier to draw it out while still high.
What I do to get as accurate depiction as possible is to smoke a low dose of enhanced leaf with a sketchbook and pen in hand. You will be able to see the visuals on the paper and it is almost as easy as tracing. Some good tunes bumping in your ears helps as well.

BTW. Get some fluorescent sharpie markers for one of your next projects. Your art will look great lit up.

Bill Cipher
#6 Posted : 10/27/2021 8:13:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
What I do to get as accurate depiction as possible is to smoke a low dose of enhanced leaf with a sketchbook and pen in hand. You will be able to see the visuals on the paper and it is almost as easy as tracing.

Ayup. I've been known to honk a small dose with pen in hand as well - just enough so patterns emerge like a holograph layered over the top.

It's almost like cheating in a way.

DMT for the win!

Fridge wrote:
I agree it can be a tiny bit frustrating not to be able to make a 100% accurate duplicate of what one saw. I want to try to make a post-breakthrough drawing, but I don't even know where to start. I got the picture in my mind, but it seems like being impossible to ban it on paper (or a computer screen). I guess I will try anyway.

Hey, man. It's the act that counts. It's pretty much an impossible thing to capture with very much accuracy. What matters is that you're stretching out, expressing yourself, bringing something beautiful into the world. Don't ever stop. Let what you see in there serve as a driver and coax you into a flow state. Try not to judge it if you can. That will just make you crazy.

roninsina
#7 Posted : 10/28/2021 3:32:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I’m glad you’re doing this, Fridge. Thanks for sharing it with us Thumbs up I look forward to keeping an eye on this thread.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

Fridge
#8 Posted : 10/28/2021 10:35:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good morning and thanks for words of encouragement and the input everyone!

@Seeingisbelieving, I just checked that thread you mentioned and I can see what you mean Smile. This is exactly the stuff that I would loose myself in, while drawing it! It's a bit like doing mandalas, very meditative at least for me. Those patterns, those eyes, I love it.

I will check out the fluorescent sharpie markers. Let's see how I can incorporate them into my stuff.

@Bill, I think I won't stop for a while at least (I hope never). Drawing and painting used to be something I did a lot, when I was a child. Then I lost my drive for a few years. In my twenties I dealt with a lot of depression, which used to be an engine for my creativity in its own way, but when my life changed for the better that drive died down again. The art I did back then was kind of dark, but I still like it. Since then I made art on and off, but I had some long breaks in between.
Since I discovered DMT it seems like something has been awakened in me, which fell asleep just when my childhood was over. DMT seems to be fantastic for my Phantasie and I am very grateful for that. It has reawakened my inner child, if that makes any sense.
I saw a post of yours in your thread, which I could really identify with. I am not good with the quoting function yet, but it is the one where you mentioned how you got back into drawing while you were drawing with your daughter.

@roninsina, I feel like I will post a lot here in future Smile.

Yesterday I felt ready for another peak into the DMT space, but when the evening came all signs said "no, this isn't the right time", so I postponed my journey and hope tonight everything will feel right this time.
...no need to worry...

Fridge
#9 Posted : 11/4/2021 8:33:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Today fernman was born Smile.
fernman.jpg (9,995kb) downloaded 251 time(s).
...no need to worry...

roninsina
#10 Posted : 11/5/2021 7:46:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice work Fridge! Looks like you’re settling into a steadily evolving groove Thumbs up

Fridge
#11 Posted : 11/6/2021 10:54:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

roninsina wrote:
Nice work Fridge! Looks like you’re settling into a steadily evolving groove Thumbs up

Thank you Smile, this is also how it feels like! Finishing this piece made me happy, as I feel like I achieved to encapsulate the the spirit of the DMT experiences I had so far.
...no need to worry...

null24
#12 Posted : 11/8/2021 2:27:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I really like Fernman... def has that earth-nature spirit energy-vibe going on...Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Fridge
#13 Posted : 11/8/2021 12:33:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you null, I can't wait to meet his friends Wink
...no need to worry...

Voidmatrix
#14 Posted : 11/9/2021 11:39:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Very cool Fridge! Thank you for sharing. I hope you continue to do so.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to, but I definitely see a face in the second one. Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Fridge
#15 Posted : 11/10/2021 9:41:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the kind words, Void! I will keep them coming Smile.

I tend to hide things in my drawings. In this I added a few face like structures indeed.

It's incredible how beneficial DMT is for my creative engine. I am thinking of trying something this weekend. I want to make a rue tea and combine it with smoking enhanced leaf. I wonder how that experience differs from smoking changa and I hope it will help me with my next drawing.
...no need to worry...

Fridge
#16 Posted : 11/18/2021 12:44:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a place that I always seem to return to. I found it just below breakthrough level. I have seen someone mentioning a snake pit which this could resemble, but being there does not feel like being in a snake pit. I feel very welcomed, comforted and loved when I am there.
As I have been there about 3-4 times now I wonder if anyone else recognizes this place?

IMG_20211116_1547258.jpg (4,612kb) downloaded 187 time(s).
...no need to worry...

Seeingisbelieving
#17 Posted : 11/18/2021 2:31:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is looking good! Very familiar space. Keep creating fridge!

Fridge
#18 Posted : 11/19/2021 4:38:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Seeingisbelieving, I knew this is not a place exclusively designed for me! I plan to travel tonight again and hope to be able to bring a new impression back this side.
...no need to worry...

roninsina
#19 Posted : 11/27/2021 6:19:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fridge wrote:
There is a place that I always seem to return to. I found it just below breakthrough level. I have seen someone mentioning a snake pit which this could resemble, but being there does not feel like being in a snake pit. I feel very welcomed, comforted and loved when I am there.
As I have been there about 3-4 times now I wonder if anyone else recognizes this place?

I haven’t been there, but you have managed to capture the welcoming quality, nicelyThumbs up

I get some good guy snakes, but they are snakes, or more like super snakes, on the order of major deities.

Keep creating and sharing Fridge!

Fridge
#20 Posted : 11/27/2021 6:51:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you roninsina, it's good to see you Smile

I will definitely continue creating, but I am a bit stuck. I saw something of which I don't know how to draw it yet.
I saw two beautiful female fairy-like entities opening a curtain, showing me a phantasic landscape. There was so much happening and changing from moment to moment, that it seems impossible to draw it. I will give this picture a try though. It was the first time that I saw and not just felt entities that actually interacted with me.
...no need to worry...

123NEXT»