We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psilocybin-Assisted Group Therapy and Attachment Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 11/3/2021 7:16:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Article: https://www.psypost.org/...attachment-anxiety-62053

Original paper:
Psilocybin-Assisted Group Therapy and Attachment: Observed Reduction in Attachment Anxiety and Influences of Attachment Insecurity on the Psilocybin Experience

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsptsci.0c00169

Quote:
Self-reported ratings of attachment anxiety decreased significantly from baseline to 3-months post-intervention, t(16) = −2.2; p = 0.045; drm = 0.45; 95% CI 0.01, 0.87. Attachment avoidance did not change significantly. Baseline attachment anxiety was strongly correlated with psilocybin-occasioned mystical-type experiences, r(15) = 0.53, p = 0.029, and baseline attachment avoidance was strongly correlated with psilocybin-related challenging experiences, r(16) = 0.62, p = 0.006. These findings have important implications for the general treatment of psychopathology as well as optimizing psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy as a broadly applicable treatment modality.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jungleheart
#2 Posted : 11/5/2021 3:25:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Every doctor I've told that I've done or am doing psychedelics has not been the least been surprised or put up any debate.

This is interesting:

"Higher levels of attachment anxiety were associated with more mystical experiences during the psilocybin session. On the other hand, higher levels of attachment avoidance were associated with more challenging experiences during the psilocybin session, including grief, fear, physical distress, and paranoia."

Lately I've been thinking trips are mostly challenging times paired with the struggle to find thought patterns that make the experience positive and meaningful. Every major psych I've done has had major and deep revelations - fixing major blockages. Then more meaningful and delicate communication during later trips. The research looks like it supports that.

I don't think it said how much they are doing\ or I missed it.