We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
recrystalizing dmt freebase? Options

starway7
#1 Posted : 10/28/2021 2:39:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a question to those who know about extraction procedures...

i used the...[ mini AB cleanup]... on this pull and want to re crystalize the freebase again.?

Can i re crystalize dmt free base a second time... by simply redesolving the freebase back into hot acidic water.....[skipping putting it into new napatha first].... turning it into a salt again...then adding lye to the acidic water and mixing ...then adding new fresh napatha ..shaking and alowing seperation... then re pulling the dmt rich napatha with pipette..

Then after 4 or 5 pulls re freeze the dmt crystals and get cleaner crystals ? ....

One thing is ..[[ IM SKIPPING!... redesolving the freebase into napatha]]...
[right before the acidic water]].....instead im trying to redesolve the freebase dmt ..[directly]..into hot acidic water...then adding lye...then adding fresh clean napatha to pull with and freeze percipatate the new napatha pulls?

just want the crystals to be cleaner?

will this work.....[skipping desolving freebase into new napatha?].....right before the acidic water bath]/
[[INSTEAD.... the freebase goes straight into hot acidic water?] is this posible?

just trying to save steps and prevent napatha waste,,,

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Dirty T
#2 Posted : 10/28/2021 4:57:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What are you trying to "clean" out? If you already backsalted (mini A/B) and pulled that with fresh Naphtha you should get white crystals when you freeze precipate (well, if you did a STB MHRB extraction). The "dirty DMT" myth has been widely debunked here, the difference in purity between white, yellow and tan is negligible. I don't like being skeptical but it always raises my suspicion levels when someone is "cleaning" the molecule extensively for aesthetic purposes as it's clean from the time you pull it, even if it's tan, as if it's for "presentation" purposes.

There is a lot of information in the minimum polymer thread. Also look at the polymorphisms thread and the de-polymerization thread. Various colors and textures are produced by nn-dimethyltriptamine interacting with itself and sometimes the solvents (through pi pi aromatic stacking bonds). Bestine is known to freeze precipate white fluff, for recrystallization I suggest Heptane.

Yes you can dissolve freebase DMT directly with a low PH solution of 5 or lower.

starway7
#3 Posted : 10/28/2021 8:40:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
What are you trying to "clean" out? If you already backsalted (mini A/B) and pulled that with fresh Naphtha you should get white crystals when you freeze precipate (well, if you did a STB MHRB extraction). The "dirty DMT" myth has been widely debunked here, the difference in purity between white, yellow and tan is negligible. I don't like being skeptical but it always raises my suspicion levels when someone is "cleaning" the molecule extensively for aesthetic purposes as it's clean from the time you pull it, even if it's tan, as if it's for "presentation" purposes.

There is a lot of information in the minimum polymer thread. Also look at the polymorphisms thread and the de-polymerization thread. Various colors and textures are produced by nn-dimethyltriptamine interacting with itself and sometimes the solvents (through pi pi aromatic stacking bonds). Bestine is known to freeze precipate white fluff, for recrystallization I suggest Heptane.

Yes you can dissolve freebase DMT directly with a low PH solution of 5 or lower.

I think its ok .. just making shue that no lye got through into final spice product !

[lye can also crystalize into pretty white crystals] ....

but i was very carefull alowing seperation before pulling napitha...

just figured that if it isnt that much work re crystalizing can harm anything....and give more peace of mind when vaping...

Dirty T
#4 Posted : 10/29/2021 1:52:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Unless you pull soup with your NPS you won't ever have NaoH in your end product. I use an easy way to separate soup and NPS, I always pipette into a jar and end up with a little soup at the bottom. Once I've done all my pulls I pipette the sludge off the bottom before pouring off to a second jar then a Pyrex dish to ensure no basic soup ever makes it across. I know I could just stop short of the soup but that leaves a bit of NPS and I'd rather get it all.

A simple re-x would ensure no basic soup is in your stuff, any soup would immediately fall to the bottom. I very rarely re-x unless I get an abnormal amount of goo or something.

PedroSanchez
#5 Posted : 11/1/2021 9:33:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
I don't like being skeptical but it always raises my suspicion levels when someone is "cleaning" the molecule extensively for aesthetic purposes as it's clean from the time you pull it, even if it's tan, as if it's for "presentation" purposes.

i see what you mean with this and i would bet that 90% of the time you are probably correct with your suspicions, but i feel obligated to offer my opinion on this.
for me i am happy with my yellow xtals, but if i can i will take extra steps to aesthetically "clean" the xtals purely for my own satisfaction. for me it gives a bigger sense of love and connection with the molecule, like i have shown it the extra respect. also, when i pull it out to load it up and i see a pile of white xtals it just feels better to know it is 99.999% pure instead of 99.998% hahah
i know all these factors are psychological though, but they are genuine feelings. i do not sell, have never sold and never plan to sell DMT. in fact i rarely even share it with friends because i know very few people with a similar mindset to me outside of the internet. almost all of my DMT goes to myself but i still prefer to look at white xtals.

Dirty T
#6 Posted : 11/1/2021 10:30:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can definitely understand that. I also understand this is a hobby for some and they like to get it as pretty as possible. If I came across as accusatory that definitely was not my intent. I've pulled those perfect white shiny crystals after backsalting as well and I agree it is satisfying.