We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
The TRANSDERMAL DMT Thread Options

Ruffles
#81 Posted : 10/31/2021 5:44:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
From this, I'm forced to the unfortunate conclusion that it was the DMT freebase that was the cause of the irritation, NOT the nerolidol as previously thought.

Has your freebase been cleaned with acetone or IPA after freeze precipitation?

Couldn`t some small amount of NPS be trapped inside freebase crystals and be acting on your skin, specially in longer contact times?

Most NPS are strong skin irritants, although they would also help with disrupting barriers to absorption (which really is another cause of irritation).

Sublingual fumarate tastes horribly of whatever NPS as it is precipitated out of it in the first round, irritates the mucosa somewhat. Once you reprecipitate on IPA or acetone the taste becomes bearable like bitter salt and little to none irritation occurs.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

roninsina
#82 Posted : 11/30/2021 3:44:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wanted to say I don’t have any intention of ghosting this thread. I suppose it’s possible the OP and others in this thread were experiencing placebo effects, but I’m going to guess there was either unreacted freebase in suspension or the greases and soaps they generated were somehow metabolized and active.

That being said, as IridiumandLace mentioned, and is implied in the article linked by twitchy, either a salt form dissolved in water and perhaps carried in some additional medium or freebase dissolved in alcohol with a carrier would be more optimal.

I haven’t had appropriate set and setting if this were to meet with success, and do not foresee so before the first of the year, so I will reserve this space for uninteresting results and make another post if results merit so.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

IridiumAndLace
#83 Posted : 12/3/2021 8:33:09 PM

Stardust in lingerie

roninsina wrote:
Just wanted to say I don’t have any intention of ghosting this thread.

Yeah, same here. I had to set this idea to the side for now while I attend to other matters (life, etc).

I did have a small opportunity for an impromptu test the other day, when I accidentally spilled some DMT-saturated heptane on my skin. It was hot so I'm glad it was only a small amount, and it left a sheen of xtals on my skin. Just for fun I got a couple drops of clean propylene glycol and spread it out over the area; half an hour later the PG and xtals had disappeared.

The result was.... Nothing noticeable at all. I'm sure I got only a few mg, but it also didn't leave me with a mark like my previous test. When I get a chance I might explore the "DMT lotion" idea further.

«PREV345