We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
HCL Gassing Notes Options

Scylla
#1 Posted : 10/19/2021 1:26:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hopefully you didn't open this thread hoping for gassing notes from me....because I am asking them of you.

It can get a bit difficult sorting through a bunch of threads on different forums.

I am curious mostly about generating and drying gas.

Is it as simple as filling a small squeeze bottle with calcium chloride or magnesium sulfate and pouring in saturated 31.45% HCL soln? And then inserting nozzle of squeeze bottle and squeezing?

Are there specific solid dessicants that work better than others?

Apparently another way is to use conc sulfuric to absorb water to produce the HCL gas.

As for chambers, I've heard people use pump sprayers typically used for foliar fertilizers or pesticides, but those are typically so voluminous it seems impractical to use one of those unless you are gassing 55 gallon drums worth of solvent which I certainly have no plan on doing.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

antichode
#2 Posted : 10/22/2021 8:52:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can’t answer your question at all, someone else more technically minded will be able to help. That aside. I do wonder why on earth you want to gas mescaline out of solution anyway? It is so easily titrated and sulfuric acid used this way produces very good quality crystals directly in water!!