We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pre Trip Anxiety Options

LST
#1 Posted : 10/21/2021 11:03:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi All,

Noob here. About 6 weeks ago I tried the spice. I did .17 and did not break through ... but had wild OEV and CEV. Truly an amazing experience. I want to do it again and attempt a break through but I have to say I am very anxious about it. Strange thing is the last trip really cured my sugar addiction. I so want to explore more. Any advice on the pre trip anxiety? I keep coming up with reasons not too... like I am too stressed now... maybe I should wait... etc.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tegridy
#2 Posted : 10/21/2021 11:54:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey LST, there's a youtuber with the same name I watch Big grin

The pre-flight anxiety is completely normal and expected with a substance like spice, I think it shows a great deal of respect for it as-well.

In the beginning I also had it bad although it is much better now. It's still there but it's not nearly as bad as it was.

What worked for me was to do a quick meditation right before with the pipe in my hand and as soon as I calmed my mind I take the plunge and just do it.

I think it's similar to sky-diving or kissing someone for the first time. There is anxiety there but once you take the plunge it quickly disappears when you are transported to the mind blowing realms. I believe over-coming or learning to deal with that anxiety is a good lesson in life as there are many things people miss out on in life just because they are too anxious to do it.

I just sit and meditate for a minute or two with the pipe and lighter in hand and as soon as I calmed my mind just a little I think to myself, it's now or never and just do it.

I'm sure some more experienced members on here can give you better advice than just do it Very happy

Peace

Sanista
#3 Posted : 10/21/2021 11:56:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first experience, and it's great news about the sugar addiction!

You said that your last trip was an amazing experience - what's to say the next one won't be, as well?

Is your anxiety specifically focused on the fact that your intention is to break through? I think a little bit of anxiety about such an event is a very healthy thing. Someone who did not feel anxious about it would probably be kidding themselves with regard to what is involved - it shows a respect for the substance. Most of us get some anxiety before taking psychedelics of any nature, no matter how experienced, and regardless of what substance is involved.

I find the best way to calm anxiety is to systematically process whether one is ready or not for the experience. Prepare well. Focus your mind beforehand, not just in the minutes, but the hours and days. Consider all possible outcomes, and come to terms with them. The trip may be absolute bliss, or it may be challenging. Either way, you can reassure yourself that you are equipped to deal with it. Tell yourself this - say it out loud. Reassure yourself that you are ready, and you can process whatever will happen next.

I like to meditate before my trips and take time to recall that the experience is something that I really want, and that I am doing it for good reasons. The outcome of a trip is always uncertain and you cannot necessarily prepare for every eventuality, but you can prepare yourself to accept the unexpected and remind yourself that you will be safe during, and afterwards.

As an aside, what's the rush to break through? Wiser people than I seem to think that rushing to achieve a breakthrough experience can often lead to a sense of dissatisfaction or potentially even negatively affect your experience. Perhaps you should let the breakthrough come to you in due course? There is a lot of fun that can be had on smaller doses on DMT, and personally I do not think I would be ready for a breakthrough experience after just using the molecule once. Of course this is your decision, and you may well be ready much sooner than I was.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 10/21/2021 12:00:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

This thread should help. You're not alone. I deal with it every time.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

LST
#5 Posted : 10/21/2021 2:20:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all very much. I truly do appreciate your thoughtful replies. Tegridy, love the skydiving analogy... that is right on! Sanista, you are right there is no rush for a break through. The waiting room really helped me already. I have to say....it's just the strangest thing how I just lost my craving for sweets... I mean I still enjoy them but not in a I have to have them way. (I am a health nut btw..lol) I also found other "addictions" that I just noticed. Almost like having a 3rd party prospective. Where I can view it without judgement and decide on the behavior or not... but doing so deliberately. I know there is more to learn and experience. Right after the experience and for the next couple weeks I felt very much at ease... almost like after you just meditated and are at peace but effortlessly and continuous. However, after those 2 weeks... it was like the pendulum cranked back the other way and I was super stressed due to a ton of issues in my business. These have settled a bit now which is why I feel I am really to go back in. I also appreciate this forum... the integration aspect of this VERY important. Voidmatrix... you are right just posting this has been a big help.

Sanista
#6 Posted : 10/21/2021 4:51:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It sounds like you are being very responsible and reasonable in your use, LST. You are taking note of DMT's positive influence on you, but equally getting on with your 'real' life and allowing ample time to integrate your experiences. I respect you waiting until the right time for you to take your next dose. It sounds like you've decided that time is soon - if you feel ready, do not let your anxiety stop you. The first journey had a very positive influence and I am sure that your next one will too. A few seconds after inhaling, all that anxiety will be gone.

I think most of us can relate to feeling calmer after a psychedelic experience. Psychedelics push you far outside of your comfort zone and give you an opportunity to see what you are really capable of. Often we surprise ourselves. This experience carries over to personal relationships, business, and everything else in life.

I look forward to reading about your next experience when the time comes.

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 10/21/2021 6:46:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LST wrote:
Voidmatrix... you are right just posting this has been a big help.

Click the link embedded in my previous response: grin:

Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Tegridy
#8 Posted : 10/22/2021 9:07:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LST wrote:
I have to say....it's just the strangest thing how I just lost my craving for sweets...

I had a similar experience with cannabis. Before I used spice I smoked 24/7, from the times my eyes opened before work all the way until I was knocked out at night. Somehow I just lost the need to do it, wasn't even thinking about smoking less. For the first time in many years I haven't smoked in a few weeks and it's been interesting dreaming again.

I can't take credit for the sky-diving analogy, I just remembered it because I read it from the forums I believe. I should have linked it to you.

All the best in your journey.

Peace

LST
#9 Posted : 10/22/2021 1:23:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes... I can say that too... My urge to smoke weed has really gone down too... I was never that heavy but it was something I looked forward to to relax and watch a movie and of course pound the chocolate and sweets...lol I only smoked once after the trip and it was like eh... ok. And I didn't pound the sweets. The spice is definitely very special. I watched a video, I can't remember who was in it, but they talked about resetting the DMN (Default mode network) of the brain. That just made so much sense. Ironically, I was giving a talk at a seminar a year ago about being stuck in loops of thought and how breaking these patterns can be live changing. Freeing ourselves to be more present is a true gift.

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 10/22/2021 1:35:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tegridy wrote:
LST wrote:
I have to say....it's just the strangest thing how I just lost my craving for sweets...

I had a similar experience with cannabis. Before I used spice I smoked 24/7, from the times my eyes opened before work all the way until I was knocked out at night. Somehow I just lost the need to do it, wasn't even thinking about smoking less. For the first time in many years I haven't smoked in a few weeks and it's been interesting dreaming again.

I can't take credit for the sky-diving analogy, I just remembered it because I read it from the forums I believe. I should have linked it to you.

All the best in your journey.

Peace

Same for me. Once I started working with DMT more, my smoking habits dramatically declined.

One love

LST
#11 Posted : 10/22/2021 1:53:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
LST wrote:
Voidmatrix... you are right just posting this has been a big help.

Click the link embedded in my previous response: grin:

Love

One love

Thank you... I didn't realize that was a link!!! Thumbs up

LST
#12 Posted : 10/30/2021 6:07:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Guys,

Thank you all! Trip #2 .018. V4 Crucible ... it's perfect at 36W, 390 ... I think I had it at 350 last time. No hash smoke at all. I don't get why people say it's so harsh?

I didn't feel the roller coaster this time but I had my eyes open at the beginning. Very nice OEV and CEV. Entire trip was only about 6 minutes.

I have to record this now because I am not sure why I was so fearful. As I started the trip I was talking out loud to myself... "ohhhhh yes... now I remember .... why was I so afraid... maybe being afraid was what I was supposed to explore? It was very pleasant and I feel great now. Almost like I moved up a layer ... like I left some unnecessary things behind but I am not sure what they are?

Thank you all for your support, help and encouragement.

.... Love All Serve All.

Voidmatrix
#13 Posted : 11/1/2021 10:48:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LST wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thank you all! Trip #2 .018. V4 Crucible ... it's perfect at 36W, 390 ... I think I had it at 350 last time. No hash smoke at all. I don't get why people say it's so harsh?

I didn't feel the roller coaster this time but I had my eyes open at the beginning. Very nice OEV and CEV. Entire trip was only about 6 minutes.

I have to record this now because I am not sure why I was so fearful. As I started the trip I was talking out loud to myself... "ohhhhh yes... now I remember .... why was I so afraid... maybe being afraid was what I was supposed to explore? It was very pleasant and I feel great now. Almost like I moved up a layer ... like I left some unnecessary things behind but I am not sure what they are?

Thank you all for your support, help and encouragement.

.... Love All Serve All.

Thumbs up Wonderful my friend.

Let us know if you still come across preflight jitters in future journeys. I'm curious, seeing as I still deal with it, and no longer fight it, but just manage it.

One love