We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
transdermal dmt research... Options

starway7
#1 Posted : 10/15/2021 5:17:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

found this article...interesting..

Yahoo Home
Search query
Sign in

Mail

Benzinga
Biotech Co. Psilera Inc. Closes $2.5 Million Seed Round For Transdermal DMT Research
Natan Ponieman
July 1, 2021·1 min read

Florida-based Psilera Inc. has secured $2.5 million in funding for research, scientific and clinical personnel hiring and general working purposes.

The company issued approximately 4.3 million shares to private buyers at a cost of $0.57 per share.

Psilera has developed a patent-pending DMT transdermal patch to be assessed in a Phase 1b clinical trial with an investigational new drug (IND) filing with the FDA before the end of the year.

Earlier this year, Psilera received DEA approval to research DMT, psilocybin and psilocin.

Innovative delivery methods combined with DMT’s short duration of action could lead to a revolutionary new line of psychiatric medicines, according to the company, which touts the benefits of DMT in contrast to other psychedelics like psilocybin.

The company also noted that DMT does not appear to generate tolerance in humans as other psychedelics do. The compound's short duration is believed to enable possible improvements in patient access. Lastly, it is “one of the only psychedelics shown to maintain neurological activity at sub-psychedelic doses, called 'microdoses.'”

The company, which is developing an IP portfolio of novel molecules that will move into animal trials later this year, is also leveraging computational drug screening methods to inform its drug development pipeline.

“We remain patient-focused in our approach and are excited to transition into the clinic to gather safety and tolerability data from our extended-release DMT patch while continuing to strengthen our robust IP portfolio,” said Dr. Chris Witowski, co-founder and CEO of Psilera Bioscience.

Photo: Psilera co-founders, Drs. Jackie von Salm & Chris Witowski. Courtesy picture.d

[go to site to see pictures]....

Biotech Co. Psilera Inc. Closes $2.5 Million Seed Round For ...https://www.yahoo.com › now ›

biotech-co-psilera-inc-...

Psilera Raises $2.5 Million with Oversubscribed Series Seed ...https://www.prweb.com › releases › prweb18046014
Jul 1, 2021 — Psilera has developed a patent-pending DMT transdermal patch to be assessed in a Phase 1b clinical trial with an investigational new drug ...

Biotech Company Psilera Closes .5 ... - B2BAmericanSoutheast.comhttps://b2bamericansoutheast.com › technology-se-news
Psilera has developed a patent-pending DMT transdermal patch to be assessed in a Phase 1b clinical trial with an investigational new drug (IND) filing with ...

Psyched: GH Research Debuts on Nasdaq, Compass ...https://markets.businessinsider.com › news › stocks › ps...
Jul 2, 2021 — Psilera has developed a patent-pending DMT transdermal patch that it expects to put through a phase 1b clinical trial.

Psilera Raises $2.5M in Seed Funding | FinSMEshttps://www.finsmes.com › 2021/07 › psilera-raises-2-5...
Jul 1, 2021 — The company has developed a patent-pending DMT transdermal patch to be assessed in a Phase 1b clinical trial with an investigational new ...
Related searches

Jul 1, 2021 — Psilera has developed a patent-pending DMT transdermal patch to be assessed in a Phase 1b clinical trial with an investigational new drug ...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

twitchy
#2 Posted : 10/15/2021 8:38:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's a prison in Brazil that offers inmates an ayahuasca mud bath periodically as part of their rehabilitation and I wrote up a thread on it but folks seemed skeptical that it would be active transdermally. I disagree as it just seems unlikely they would go through the trouble for no other reason than rubbing mud on themselves, and they apparently removed the active ingredients for the host of that show... but this reminded me of that.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1021113#post1021113

Edit:
The use of psychedelics for criminal rehabilitation to me is hopeful, and apparently did seem to produce some positive results... Maybe as our modern societal values seem to be leaning towards decriminalization and re-legitimizing psychedelic research this will steer things in the right direction for once. Imagine being introduced and compelled to interact with victims or the families of victims of your violent criminal behavior on a significant dose of psilocybin or the like. A critical 'introspection' of your own criminal behavior could be a game changer at least in terms of rehabilitation.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

IridiumAndLace
#3 Posted : 10/16/2021 12:36:04 PM

Stardust in lingerie

Huh, this is interesting. I microdose 1cP-LSD, but I often feel like MDing DMT would be better for me if it lasted longer than 10 minutes.

I've heard of people making DIY transdermal THC patches. It seems easy enough to test this same idea with DMT: a silicone adhesive bandage with the pad soaked with propylene glycol + nerolidol and DMT, apply to the skin and wait to see if any effects are observed.

Actually, I have everything I'd need for this except the nerolidol, which I could order on Amazon. I'm kind of tempted to try it... Has anyone else around here successfully tested a transdermal ROI for DMT?

roninsina
#4 Posted : 10/17/2021 2:47:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IridiumAndLace wrote:
Huh, this is interesting. I microdose 1cP-LSD, but I often feel like MDing DMT would be better for me if it lasted longer than 10 minutes.

I've heard of people making DIY transdermal THC patches. It seems easy enough to test this same idea with DMT: a silicone adhesive bandage with the pad soaked with propylene glycol + nerolidol and DMT, apply to the skin and wait to see if any effects are observed.

Actually, I have everything I'd need for this except the nerolidol, which I could order on Amazon. I'm kind of tempted to try it... Has anyone else around here successfully tested a transdermal ROI for DMT?

I’d try it if it worked for you.

Edit: That nerolidol is certainly an interesting terpene. It’s so inexpensive and widely available, and some indication of a variety of beneficial effects. It does appear that the ease with which it can penetrate cell walls make it a candidate for having cytotoxic properties. Do you think this should be a cause for alarm ?
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

IridiumAndLace
#5 Posted : 10/18/2021 12:51:11 AM

Stardust in lingerie

roninsina wrote:
That nerolidol is certainly an interesting terpene. It’s so inexpensive and widely available, and some indication of a variety of beneficial effects. It does appear that the ease with which it can penetrate cell walls make it a candidate for having cytotoxic properties. Do you think this should be a cause for alarm ?

It doesn't look like it, from what I've been able to find. It seems to be non-irritating and nontoxic, and is a common ingredient in many perfume and food products. The biggest issue I was able to find was the suggestion that you shouldn't apply essential oils (or products containing them) near the site of a transdermal patch, due to the nerolidol increasing those substances' ability to likewise penetrate the skin.

roninsina
#6 Posted : 10/18/2021 3:20:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IridiumAndLace wrote:

It doesn't look like it, from what I've been able to find. It seems to be non-irritating and nontoxic, and is a common ingredient in many perfume and food products. The biggest issue I was able to find was the suggestion that you shouldn't apply essential oils (or products containing them) near the site of a transdermal patch, due to the nerolidol increasing those substances' ability to likewise penetrate the skin.

Then I would be willing to proceed at this point, if we’re in this together. I’ll gather my materials and follow your lead from there. In the mean time I’ll continue looking for any potential safety concerns.

As an added potential protocol, I would be interested in a rue tea regimen on my end, after an initial period of bioassy . If that were to add anything to the effects, maybe we could look at transdermal harmalas as a possible addition?

Edit: Other than not wanting to let pure nerolidol touch your skin or eyes, the only danger I could find was cellular/dna damage, which required a couple grams per kilogram, which obviously isn’t a concern. My two concerns are, firstly this thread comes up in virtually any related topic search on my browser, secondly it looks like the time release patches have specialized layers for slowly releasing what’s in them. It looks like without the specialized layers, we could end up with a fairly expeditious dump into the bloodstream. Were you already aware of this/understand the time release technology? Also I just wanted to mention that the cannabis patch patents looked like they used somewhere between one and fifteen percent of products like nerolidol in their transdermal solutions. I’m still on board if you still want to formulate something. I would have some time to make a preparation and/or bioassay by this weekend.

IridiumAndLace
#7 Posted : 10/20/2021 7:56:41 PM

Stardust in lingerie

roninsina wrote:
I’m still on board if you still want to formulate something. I would have some time to make a preparation and/or bioassay by this weekend.

I'm in, but my nerolidol probably won't arrive until early next week. In the meantime, it turns out there's already a thread for studying transdermal administration:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=32309

Shall we continue this there?

roninsina
#8 Posted : 10/20/2021 8:04:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IridiumAndLace wrote:
In the meantime, it turns out there's already a thread for studying transdermal administration:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=32309

Shall we continue this there?

Oh, I missed that one started by House. Sounds great! See you there Thumbs up