We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
The Electromagnetic Theory of Consciousness (Intermediate Version) Options

dragonrider
#21 Posted : 10/19/2021 7:49:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Evolution is a veeery slow proces. I suppose we are still evolving genetically, but it is a process, invisible to us.
In normal times, when no cataclysmic events are taking place, it is about the likelyhood of certain genes spreading.

If you look at the coronavirus...if a mutation would be just, say, 1% more contagious than other varieties, then at some point it will become the dominant version.

I strongly believe that likeable people have a higher chance of spreading their genes than people who aren't, but it may be just a 5 or 10% higher chance.

We are a very peculiar species. Very highly evolved, socially. "Survival of the fittest" for humans means: survival of the most social ones. Socially intelligent and socially inclined.

There's a study (by tooby and cosmides) that suggests that our intelligence is a byproduct of our social nature.

Another such byproduct may be that we have funny hair. Or at least, in terms of insulation i would say, human fur is very inefficient. Maybe it is something like the feathers of a peacock, to show off or to display our general health with.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#22 Posted : 10/19/2021 8:14:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

There's also been a recent theory with regard to evolution (and now that I think about it, also human history) that highlights the importance of collaboration and team work of various species in given locations. So to piggyback, the social impetus of survival of the fittest is just as important of a mechanicism as individual survival of the fittest.

Sidenote: Interestingly, if I recall correctly, Darwin never gave a clear definition of "fittest," showing how being the fittest can me different things in different areas at different times.

One love

*And the dragonrider and voidmatrix link arms and skip in their agreement.*

Love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

PREV12