We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
d-limonene layer turned brown Options

biopsylo
#1 Posted : 2/1/2010 4:08:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim has attempted a big leisurly, though not that big, anyway. the bark was pre powdered, and soaked in vinegar for 3 days.
the ph was spiked higher than necessary, and when limonene was added, it turned brown, and appears to be staying brown even after decanting into a glass jar. any ideas what is happening here, or solutions to clean it up, or is it ok??
much appreciation.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 2/1/2010 4:11:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

is it cloudy brown or clear brown? have you done any other pulls? let the d-limo sit for a day or two..and you may see a layer form on the bottom..sometimes i think what happens is when you add d-limo right after basifying you will get some small amount of lye mixing with the d-limo...but if you let it sit for a day or two..it should separate very easily...not sure if this is whats going on...
it's a sound

biopsylo
#3 Posted : 2/1/2010 4:19:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it is cloudy brown. lye is probably the culprit- swim thinks he added way to much, and limonene was added right after.
he will let it sit
cheers

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 2/1/2010 7:54:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

biopsylo wrote:
it is cloudy brown. lye is probably the culprit- swim thinks he added way to much, and limonene was added right after.
he will let it sit
cheers

SWIM got the same brown cloudiness, but in a different way. He had all of the material from his limtek extraction collected in a single jug and collected all of his limonene from that extraction as well as an STB into that jug and shook it vigorously on numerous occasions. The brown never really seemed to settle out, so all he did was pour it through an empty THP (bottle w/ bottom cut off, cottonballs in the neck, and a bit of cotton rag atop the cottonballs...basically a funnel with a filter and the only method he ever uses to filter out unwanted particles) and no more brown. It's probably just bark particles, as there's no lye in that jug.

Madcap
#5 Posted : 2/1/2010 8:32:33 PM

illudium Q-36

I just had this happen as well. Same deal.. prepowdered bark from pedro. Added the d-limo too soon and boom! : brown d-limo

I pulled the brown limo off and set it aside while I did other limo pulls. They all came back clean with a good yeild. I then just FASW'd the brown limo and it (the fasw) is evapping now.

When I added the fasw, the brown clear d-limo turned milky light brown. Almost like lightly chocolate milk. I've been letting it sit for a few days and it looks like a thin layer of clear d-limo is seperating at the top. I'm hoping that the fasw retrieved all the goods.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

biopsylo
#6 Posted : 2/2/2010 12:13:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well the jar sat all day and the limonene is now dark yellow-clear.
there is a small dark red brown layer which im pretty sure is lye water + bark powder.

thanks for imput allSmile