We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anyone got a list of MAOI containing plants? Options

DesertWasabi
#1 Posted : 10/17/2021 2:37:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi! I'm about to get into the DMT realm, and i'm currently looking for options regarding the consumption of the spice!

Currently I have a lot of powdered MHRB, and besides researching the extraction, was also checking out the oral ingestion methods.

I can't get any Syrian Rue in my country, so I would like to know which alternatives could be used instead!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ShamensStamen
#2 Posted : 10/17/2021 3:26:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Pretty much there's just Syrian Rue and B. Caapi, or Harmala extracts (like pure Harmine, pure Harmaline, or a Harmine/Harmaline mix). Other than that if you can get your hands on Moclobemide that can be a good way to orally activate DMT, although it's definitely a different kind of experience compared to the Huasca because Moclobemide is purely a reversible and selective MAO-A inhibitor, whereas Harmalas inhibit MAO-A and have other effects/properties as well which contributes the major/dominant character/effects of the Huasca experience, so basically with Harmalas it's Huasca, with Moclobemide it's oral DMT (or Mimosa, Acacia, Chacruna, Chaliponga, etc). Alternatively, i've read that Methylene Blue is said to have some MAO-A inhibiting properties, but idk if anyone's ever tried that for this purpose, or if it's even safe to use as idk much about MB. There could be other things out there, but most of the other things people talk about seem to be pretty weak for oral DMT activation, from my understanding. I do hope we figure out some new alternatives though, that'd be nice.

DesertWasabi
#3 Posted : 10/17/2021 3:34:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. Damn, guess I will have to source myself with some B.Caapi powder :/

twitchy
#4 Posted : 10/17/2021 6:20:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What about Russian Olive? Seems like I recall seeing something about it having harmalas, but I could be mistaken, and the passiflora genus might be worth looking into as well.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

highwire
#5 Posted : 10/17/2021 3:22:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Passionflower in large volumes is a possibility.

It has harmalas in low doses.

These two threads have more information. The first thread has a report that describes a successful oral activation with approx 400g. Even a few grams of passionflower can be active, especially in combination with cannabis.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...amp;m=290718#post290718
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...amp;m=282764#post282764

I know 30g of passionflower steeped for 15-20 minutes adds an extra depth to LSD, both visually and mentally.

-

https://clinicalherbalism.com/passion-flower/

"Passion Flower contains a complex mixture of active constituents, including low levels of the compounds known as harmala alkaloids."

twitchy wrote:
What about Russian Olive? Seems like I recall seeing something about it having harmalas, but I could be mistaken, and the passiflora genus might be worth looking into as well.

And thanks for mentioning Russian Olive. Never knew this was an option. Gonna start looking into it.
"Love alone can turn thistles into daffodils. So no dogma for me, thanks, I had my fill." ~ Deca

DesertWasabi
#6 Posted : 10/17/2021 8:51:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks! Passiflora seems like an interesting option!

ShamensStamen
#7 Posted : 10/17/2021 9:27:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Idk about the Russian Olive one, i've heard of it before but i'm not sure if anyone has successfully used it to orally activate DMT, have they?

As for Passiflora, yes it contains low amounts of Harmine, but from what i remember (i think NEN tried it) you'd need like 200 grams or so of Passiflora leaf, and at that level the other compounds in Passiflora will probably end up being too much and cause a lot of sedation and alteration, but i'm not completely sure. I know NEN orally activated DMT using Passiflora, but he recommended to stick with Harmalas if possible and if using Passiflora to use it as an admixture plant for coloring the experience instead of as a main source of MAO-A inhibition.

One thing people should keep in mind is that, again, there are other things out there that have reported MAO-A inhibition properties, however most things are far too weak and people haven't really had success with orally activating DMT using them from what i've seen. Please do correct me if i'm wrong though because i'm always on the look out for new alternatives.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 10/17/2021 11:01:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Tribulus terrestris (puncture vine/caltrop plant) is listed as containing harmine although tests have typically failed to show any detectable presence of the alkaloid in the seeds. It would be necessary to go through the existing scientific research, maybe it's the foliage or the roots that may be of more use with that one. That last paragraph of ShamensStamen's post here contains the caveat that may apply to this plant.

A few other things that are listed as containing harmine, such as Calycanthus occidentalis and Amsonia tabernaemontana, contain a whole host of other alkaloids to look out for - particularly in the case of C. occidentalis where these alkaloids are powerful convulsant poisons. There's still a lot of scope for research but it's very important to understand what you're getting into toxicologically speaking once you stray beyond the trodden ground.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Afx
#9 Posted : 6/22/2023 11:21:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did anyone try blackcurrant (Ribes nigrum) juce? I heard that it contains MAOI..just dunno about the dosage..

abecedarian
#10 Posted : 6/23/2023 3:16:53 AM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

A friend of mine was experimenting with that Russian Olive recently and said he liked it and it seemed to help him as an antidepressant but it probably would not work for active oral DMT. MAO-B inhibitor is it?
I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 6/27/2023 3:57:14 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Afx wrote:
Did anyone try blackcurrant (Ribes nigrum) juce? I heard that it contains MAOI..just dunno about the dosage..

This one is usually mentioned in the context of potentiating shrooms. I'm unaware, to date, of anyone having reported it successfully being used to activate oral DMT. For the shrooms, quite a significant amount of juice drink concentrate was used.

The overall idea seems plausible as the juice does contain some beta-carboline, iirc flazin and perlolyrine. (This latter compound also occurs in a bellflower, Codonopsis pilosula, known as dangshen in Chinese herbal medicine.)

That said, it is polyphenols (anthocyanins) that seem to be responsible for the MAOI action of blackcurrant juice.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Jees
#12 Posted : 6/27/2023 7:47:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A kandidate:
Kaempherol

I've not studied it's feasibility as a real maoi agent, it's usually portrayed as a general health thing, as a food supplement.

Present in wines, Sophora japonica, ...

https://www.herbalride.c...k/a/kaempferol-herbs.png

starway7
#13 Posted : 6/27/2023 4:11:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some of the stronger species of... cappi leaf... are surprizingly effective!

can be made into a tea or smoked in a changa mix..

Its strange how the subject of cappi leaf folage doesnt come up much?

I still have 6 year old black cappi leaf that ..[although old and dry]... seems to work ok sublingualy before vaping!

I want to get some fresher leaf folage from one of the ...yellow ...black ...red..cappi verietys ..but when ordering leafe one must be carefull that you get the real deal!

good cappi leaf.. ...usually contains certain amounts of natural THH...

The Mckenna Farm still has cappi vine and leaf growing...not shure if cappi will grow in north america or europe?.