We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Quidding prep & harmala Qs Options

ms_manic_minxx
#1 Posted : 9/11/2021 9:24:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried quidding a few times over a decade ago and failed horribly. Time to try again. Laughing

I was reading that it's important to rehydrate the leaves first if they are dried, and also generally that alcohol in the mouth prior to quidding can boost absorption.

Does anyone have a preferred method? Would it be practical to soak the leaves in some kind of alcohol, or just brush teeth/mouth and rinse with something strong beforehand?

Bonus question: has anyone quidded successfully with a MAOI, and does this affect the required dose? Someone told me once this combo allows you to meet The Alligator Twisted Evil
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

King Tryptamine
#2 Posted : 9/12/2021 12:00:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can't speak about quidding salvia let alone quidding it with MAOI's so I just wanna start off by saying I probably ain't the best person to be talking about this. As far as potentiation and prolongation goes, I don't think MAOI's will have the same effect on salvinorin A, as they do with tryptamines such as DMT and psilocin. AFAIK salvinorin A, is not a tryptamine or a phenethylamine which would be the only two classes I see being potentiated and having their action prolonged by MAOIs.

Now having said that, the MAOI will most definitely add its own character to the experience since it is a psychotropic substance. Think of it like adding THC to amphetamine or cocaine to heroin (just an example). The two compounds may not interact via potentiation and prolongation, the way MAOI's do with tryptamines and phenethylamines but the character of the experience is still changed from a sharp, edgy stimulation to a more relaxed simulation.

I have no experience with salvia so I really can't say how it might feel. But I do find harmalas to be subtly relaxing in their own right so this could be something they add to the experience? A touch of relaxation? Anyway it goes, I look forward to how this all turns out.

physics envy
#3 Posted : 9/13/2021 3:53:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello ms_manic_minxx!

While you do not have to re-wet the leaves (the salvinorin doesn't care if it starts out wet or dry!), for practical purposes it may be easier to start out with them wet.

I suggest measuring out several 1-gram piles. Soak a pile in water for about 10 seconds, or just long enough to get the leaves wet enough to squeeze into a ball. Squeeze out all the water you can - no need for any excess liquid to start.

Make several of these balls before you start. I find a 1-gram ball fits in one cheek somewhat comfortably, so you could start with one in each cheek if you like.

Brushing your gums and tongue beforehand should help, and rinsing with mouthwash may also be helpful.

I don't use alcohol or MAOIs so I don't have any experience in those departments.

When you start, be sure to CHEW CONSTANTLY!! It takes me about 10-15 minutes for a ball to mostly liquefy. Swishing the created juices around will help with absorption.

Once liquefied, swish for a minute or two. If you aren't noticing effects yet - then you can either spit/swallow the juice and start chewing a new 1 or 2 grams.

I'd also recommend keeping your eyes closed/covered until you get this ROA to work for you or you may miss some of the effects.

Good luck and let us know if you have success or not!

Salvia quid enthusiast

Loveall
#4 Posted : 9/13/2021 8:03:46 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Adding a little cornstarch may help with quidding.

If it works, credit to Zebbie for many experiments where he potentially found cornstarch to be an effective at enhancing salvinorin absorption even after extracting from the leaf (the leaf itself is believed to enhance absorption since clean extracts don't work - as you guys probably already know).

For practical purposes, simply adding teaspoon of cornstarch may enhance raw leaf quidding. Maybe wet it first with a few drops of water to avoid inhaling dry cornstarch by accident.

I haven't tried it, just a suggestion based on Zebbie's work. As with anything new, start slow if you decide to try it out, he had some intense trips.

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

ms_manic_minxx
#5 Posted : 9/20/2021 3:55:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone, thanks so much for the help!

I had a few unexpectedly successful experiences. Not full breakthroughs where other dimensions unzippered (yet Big grin ), but a really pleasant introduction to build some confidence in the process of quidding.

A few things I've taken away from the process so far -

Rehydrating the leaves in wine vs. water gives an experience that is about twice as strong.

I tried rehydrating with water, brushing my entire mouth and rinsing with mouthwash - soaking the leaves in wine was still much more effective than this.

I personally preferred chewing one gram at a time. Two grams was too much, I felt like I couldn't chew them as well, and wasted leaf. It also felt less intimate... like really breaking the leaves down to nothing, slowly, and savoring is part of the experience.

Light and sound ruin EVERYTHING. Confused Crickets and wind are the best music.

Very small doses < .5g produced swift and fantastic relief of neuropathic/inflammatory pain. This effect has been consistent. I heard rumors of her working for certain types of chronic pain, and I am over the moon she came through for me.

I'm going to drink some Aya tonight and quid a gram (sans alcohol) in the comedown. Depending on how this goes, maybe I will eventually find the guts to quid early, during the comeup. Shocked

The nice thing about quidding plain leaf is, compared to dosing many other plants, it seems like there is a large margin of error with Salvia. It's not a buy the ticket, take the ride situation, which is quite special. Quidding is like pedaling a bike, and you are on the bike for as long as you want to pedal. You have to initially pedal hard to get moving, but then you can go fast, slow down, take a break to coast, and then pedal some more. When you want to stop, you stop, the bike will cruise for a few more minutes, and that's it.

Having a bunch of 1g (or small sized, to taste) servings prepared ahead of time is definitely the way to go IMHO.

physics envy
#6 Posted : 9/29/2021 10:53:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the follow-up! I'm very glad to hear that it is now working for you :-)

Would you mind providing any additional details regarding the anti-inflammatory/pain reduction you've experienced? My wife isn't too keen on salvia, but I've suggested she give it a try some time rather than Benadryl when she has a flare-up of itching/hives.

Though light can definitely overwhelm the subtleness of quidding, I find music can be ***AMAZING*** while on lower doses. As well as stretching/yoga/controlled movement or even dancing once you have your salvia-legs :-)

How did your sessions with Aya + savlia go?

Salvia quid enthusiast

ms_manic_minxx
#7 Posted : 10/8/2021 12:29:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Analgesic effects start for me around 0.5g chewed. I definitely do not have to get high to get pain relief - although, the more I quid, the more pronounced the afterglow seems to be the next day.

I have to do a big writeup about Salviahuasca, but tl;dr it's incredible. Like, why did I not do this sooner? If I can ever time travel, I will have to tell my younger self. It makes it much easier to see visions. The additional insights provided by Salvia are bar none.

The most surprising thing about it is that Salvia nukes the bodyload. No nausea or discomfort. Other salvias are considered cold in herbal medicine, so I'm wondering if Ms. Sally D is cold, too? Ayahuasca is hot and a lot of my discomfort feels like excessive heat during ceremony.

Again, I'm sure smoked would be an insanely different experience. But Ayahuasca without a gram or two of salvia quids is like eating a cupcake without icing. Why would you not put icing on your cupcakes? It's wonderful.

It's smoothing, calming, and the way it makes your body vanish makes it easier to explore the visionary world.

The only weird thing is that it visually makes the external world warp like a shoebox being squeezed, but there was no inebriated feeling that came with it.

I expected it to be terrifying, but it has consistently been so smooth and fabulous. 1-3g (which is enough for me to have a solid salvia journey on its own) didn't complicate, confuse, or muddy the Ayahuasca world at all, it just sharpened, enhanced, cooled, calmed, and translated everything that Aya was up to.

If anyone is curious and hasn't tried it yet, IMHO you're missing out on some seriously magical synergy.

roninsina
#8 Posted : 10/9/2021 2:46:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for all of this, M. I don’t find the vaped salvia experience very appealing at my current stage in life, but all the stuff you’re reporting sounds ideal for me. Aside from dealing with some chronic pain issues, I’m one of those people who don’t really ever purge. An ayahuasca journey usually means many hours of a mental balancing act interspersed by some pretty distracting nausea. The salvia alone by this method sounds like something for me in and of itself, but that’s quite the revelation regarding aya bodyload. Now I have to wonder if this is a somewhat unique synergy between aya and salvia or if this could alleviate my twelve+ hours of cactus nausea. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Ah well, I suppose that was a bit of an unfair question at the end of my post, there. Maybe we’ll see if I get the same bodyload relief that you’re reporting, first. I’ll remember this thread and refer to it or post here when I have the opportunity for some more experimentation.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

physics envy
#9 Posted : 10/15/2021 9:36:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

roninsina wrote:
Now I have to wonder if this is a somewhat unique synergy between aya and salvia or if this could alleviate my twelve+ hours of cactus nausea. Any thoughts?

Great question!

I don't have experience with that combo, but on a somewhat similar tangent, I can add that I've smoked some salvia extract after rectally administering 5meo. It takes about 5 minutes for the 5meo to come on, and gives me quite the body load. So I tried smoking a little salvia extract to try to get into the salvia zone when the 5 came on, and it worked similarly well. It calmed the body load quite nicely.
Salvia quid enthusiast

physics envy
#10 Posted : 10/15/2021 9:39:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
Analgesic effects start for me around 0.5g chewed. I definitely do not have to get high to get pain relief - although, the more I quid, the more pronounced the afterglow seems to be the next day.

I have to do a big writeup about Salviahuasca, but tl;dr it's incredible. Like, why did I not do this sooner? If I can ever time travel, I will have to tell my younger self. It makes it much easier to see visions. The additional insights provided by Salvia are bar none.

The most surprising thing about it is that Salvia nukes the bodyload. No nausea or discomfort. Other salvias are considered cold in herbal medicine, so I'm wondering if Ms. Sally D is cold, too? Ayahuasca is hot and a lot of my discomfort feels like excessive heat during ceremony.

Thank you for all of that info!
Salvia quid enthusiast

roninsina
#11 Posted : 10/16/2021 4:29:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

physics envy wrote:

I don't have experience with that combo, but on a somewhat similar tangent, I can add that I've smoked some salvia extract after rectally administering 5meo. It takes about 5 minutes for the 5meo to come on, and gives me quite the body load. So I tried smoking a little salvia extract to try to get into the salvia zone when the 5 came on, and it worked similarly well. It calmed the body load quite nicely.

Wow! So, a similar action with another substance. Now you’re making me wonder if there could be an even broader application. Obviously, cancer patients come to mind first, but I can’t imagine many Nexians would lament the loss of heavy bodyload. Not trying to put the cart before the horse, but it sounds pretty good so far. I hope I can dig up a few leaves sometime soon.

Thanks, physics envy.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

starway7
#12 Posted : 11/22/2021 4:46:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
I tried quidding a few times over a decade ago and failed horribly. Time to try again. Laughing

I was reading that it's important to rehydrate the leaves first if they are dried, and also generally that alcohol in the mouth prior to quidding can boost absorption.

Does anyone have a preferred method? Would it be practical to soak the leaves in some kind of alcohol, or just brush teeth/mouth and rinse with something strong beforehand?

Bonus question: has anyone quidded successfully with a MAOI, [you dont need to quid a maoi because [if using rue]..it should work sublingually]

[[just chew a few rue seeds and hold them under toung ]

[are you going to combine a ..[reversable maoi like rue]...with salvia??Wut?

[smoked salvia].. is more than strong enough!!...and doesnt need a maoi..

[i would NoT! try [mixing a maoi] with smoked salvia...

sublingual or quidded salvia is a different story much more gentle....you might get away with mixing the two but i would research combining the two first for saftey/..

not even shure if a reversable maoi would work with salvia?...never tryed thak combo?

and does this affect the required dose? Someone told me once this combo allows you to meet The Alligator Twisted Evil

breathingneon
#13 Posted : 12/3/2021 2:55:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I do want to add my two experiences from this past week.

I agree that soaking it in wine before quidding does seem to increase potency by about double. Having it already prepared into doses really helps and is a great tip. I took about 3g's with wine and I was fading into another world. Yet 2g's with water just left me with an almost non-visual trip and a heavy sense of intoxication and altered thoughts.

For me I have always had trouble getting any beneficial headspace from Salvia until the afterglow at the end, but I don't know if it's like this for anyone else. It's hard for me to say it provides the same benefits as tryptamines, save for the pleasant afterglow. Smoked is a bit more intense but just seems so much more enjoyable for me at lower doses compared to quidding.
"In the dark and the deep there are truths that can always heal"