We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
The Poor Mans Tek - A 100% Fat Free, Food Safe, Grocery Store Solution to DMT Extraction Options

Oncewas
#1 Posted : 1/21/2010 12:06:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Glad you finally are typing things up brother.

Much love!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Phlux-
#2 Posted : 1/21/2010 12:37:57 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

awesome bit on the oils used - only potential issue i see is boiling the basic solution - seems odd to boil a liquid that contains freebase spice(when spice vapes off at like 60 degrees c or so and water boils at like 100c.)
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

aftertoke
#3 Posted : 2/1/2010 1:15:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the post Spiceman. I plan on ordering 56 grams of mimosa very soon and I will be using this extraction method. I already have everything I need other than mimosa (and 90% isopropyl, all i have around the house is 70%.)

I'll make sure I leave a reply on this post when it's done.
I do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old. I seek what they sought.

q21q21
#4 Posted : 2/1/2010 1:56:14 AM

SWIM

edited: dumb post
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

mumbles
#5 Posted : 2/1/2010 2:14:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sodium carbonate works but bicarbonate is an even weaker base so it might be a problem but swim thinks the idea of using cooking oil as a non-polar solvent is very inventive and not just the usual rehash "tek" shit we see here. Anyone can make sodium carbonate form bicarb soda just by heating it in an oven for 1-2hrs at 200 deg c. Nice thought patterns.

maxzar100
#6 Posted : 2/1/2010 3:20:28 AM

Earth Child

spiceman, how long does it take to get actual crystals, using this method and 99 percent IPA
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 2/1/2010 3:43:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is essentially the same idea as limtek, but with more common materials. SWIM loves how Spiceman's adapted such simple materials and processes for such use. It's important to note that there's really no need to use such a weak base as baking soda when it can easily be converted into sodium carbonate with a bit of heat. SWIM's also not so sure he'd trust any extraction to either base from his own experience, but perhaps that continual heat application makes up for weakness of the reagents.

ambi-lysergance
#8 Posted : 2/1/2010 3:10:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nice alternative spiceman.

well done and thanks for your findingsWink
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

OriginalFace
#9 Posted : 2/1/2010 5:18:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiceman, have you tried disolving mescaline freebase in vegetable oil.

If it is soluble, this may be the ideal modification to 69ron's limetek, avoiding smelly xylene and toluene or expen$ive limonene.

Thanks for the inspiration Pleased

OF

I want to be happy,
But I can't be happy,
'till I make you happy, too Pleased

In the province of the mind, there are no limits.

amor_fati
#10 Posted : 2/1/2010 7:28:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The more SWIM thinks about this, the more he likes it. Limonene is a wonderful substance but incredibly expensive or hard to obtain, so it's often a bit much to ask of most hobbyists. Some even seem to have a slightly difficult time finding lime, so soda bases are ideal.

SWIM's not sure whether he grasps the intended consistency of the bottom layer. Is it meant to be runny (like an STB) or thick and pasty? SWIM has a preference for using as little water as possible and would prefer to extract from a more solid mass whenever possible, and he imagines that it would work just as well for such a process and would facilitate that the oil be poured off rather than pipetted off.

Spiceman wrote:
Swim also highly reccomends using sodium carbonate over bicarb.. so yes.. baking the baking soda is now written mandatory into the tek...

Might SWIM also suggest simply employing the rendering of sodium carbonate directly into the tek? It's already perfectly suited for it: Put the measured amount of baking soda in the pot to be used for the extraction, heat it until CO2 apparently stops bubbling through, then proceed with the extraction by simply mixing the MHRB powder in with newly rendered sodium carbonate, moistening, and extracting. This would require that a non-aluminum pot be specified (which SWIM believes should be specified anyway).

Also, though SWIM's only ever done this with fumarates, he would imagine that the need for acetone or the like can be eliminated as well if using vinegar for the salting portion. All that would be needed to convert to a dry, solid smokable freebase is sodium carbonate and a little water. This would make the process even more stealthy, affordable, expedient, and nontoxic.

OriginalFace wrote:
Spiceman, have you tried disolving mescaline freebase in vegetable oil.

If it is soluble, this may be the ideal modification to 69ron's limetek, avoiding smelly xylene and toluene or expen$ive limonene.

SWIM would imagine that the heating could be a bit dangerous for the process, as mescaline can be incredibly heat sensitive. SWIM wonders whether the heating is necessary to facilitate the oil grabbing the actives or not. The other problem is that sodium carbonate doesn't break down certain substances in the plant that can hinder extraction the way that lime does.

jamie
#11 Posted : 2/2/2010 5:51:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

does this tek pull full spectrum jimjam stuff or just white DMT?
Long live the unwoke.

Infundibulum
#12 Posted : 2/2/2010 6:33:18 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Spiceman wrote:
Its all in what type of oil you use...and im not sure of the solubility of the other alkaloids in these oils. The original worker just tried this method recently and hasn't had a chance to check what picks up what among these oils. Id imagine that some of them would pull full spectrum. It would have to be explored further.

if you get any coloring in the final product, such as yellow or pink... you can rest assured its not fat or oil ... its gonna be another alkaloid.
Godspeed.

So which oil did the original worker used in his recent method? What is the colour of his spice?

Also, does the original worker have a picture of his extracted spice with this method?

Thanks!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

amor_fati
#13 Posted : 2/2/2010 6:43:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiceman wrote:
Care to elaborate on that and explain exactly what you have in mind there ^ ? Do you mean use SCarb to basify the acidic solution then decantation of the water ? Precipping the spice while in solution?

If thats the case it should be possible, however, retrieval without a buchner funnel, vacuum flask and the right paper... is exceedingly difficult, I may be wrong on exactly what you mean tho.

Sorry, SWIM tries to restrain himself from posting this too frequently, but...

here's the general procedure: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Nontox...reebase_Spice_Conversion

and the more detailed procedure: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Amor_f..._DMT#Nontoxic_Conversion

It would be interesting to see varying results from various types of oils.

killuminati420
#14 Posted : 3/20/2010 11:33:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im glad to see the new sa fer teks that dont require lye
"Money Can't Buy Life" -Bob Marley

Jumper
#15 Posted : 3/21/2010 12:53:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It's good to know such a procedure is viable, just in case swim is
ever stuck in a situation where he is unable to use his regular methods
and supplies. Thanks for posting this.
Disclaimer: All words and images posted herein under the username Jumper are strictly for entertainment purposes only, and are fictitious in nature. Swim is the imaginary character of a schizophrenic and all posts connected to said entity are the deluded ramblings of a madman, who admits that all posted data herein was electromagnetically beamed into his brain from a HAARP antenna array.

elofer
#16 Posted : 3/21/2010 5:32:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wow!! thank you sooo much!!!
god/ess/lack of.. bless the chemists all!!!!!
SERIOUSLY, thank you spiceman...or whoever firt invented this

jamie
#17 Posted : 3/21/2010 5:55:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

i tried it with canola oil and got no yield whatsoever..not sure why..
Long live the unwoke.

LRGandDMT
#18 Posted : 4/8/2010 9:34:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

anyone had any positive results other than the OP? the last post in this makes me hesitant to try it...

pau
#19 Posted : 5/9/2010 8:46:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sodium carbonate and calcium carbonate are both available at swimming pool supply stores. Also Glacial Acetic Acid - the real thing!! - the reason vinegar is watered down - is available at photography supply stores:

"Acetic acid, CH3COOH, also known as ethanoic acid, is an organic acid, which gives vinegar its sour taste and pungent smell. It is a weak acid, in that it is only a partially dissociated acid in an aqueous solution. Pure, water-free acetic acid (glacial acetic acid) is a colorless liquid that absorbs water from the environment (hygroscopy), and freezes at 16.5 °C (62 °F) to a colorless crystalline solid. The pure acid and its concentrated solutions are dangerously corrosive."

I can't count how many times I've developed pictures of the chimps practicing synchronized swimming in our pool.

Perhaps glacial acetic acid would prove to be of value in one of the "poor man's teks"? Does anybody have info on this?
WHOA!

amor_fati
#20 Posted : 1/15/2011 7:11:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM managed to use vegetable oil with success, but in a different tek (https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=208940#post208940), but he'd like to give the rest of the method a go when he gets the chance.

By the way, this one should be in with the eco-friendly teks.

12NEXT