We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
How to get complete white dmt from mhrb Options

Dirty T
#41 Posted : 9/22/2021 10:39:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, you can wash with distilled water and sodium carbonate. Mix in a jar and shake, once it all settles pipette off the Naptha. Do this 3 times and it should clear up your yellow Naptha. Be sure to backsalt first to get all the goodies out (Freebase DMT has a solubility of 112mg per 100ml at -20c) BEFORE cleaning your Naptha.

Yes, using yellow Naptha to Freeze Precipate will result in yellow crystals, to be honest I like the light yellow crystals better than the white. From what I've seen from testing done here properly performed extraction results in a very pure product even when it has a color.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ShamanisticVibes
#42 Posted : 9/22/2021 11:28:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
Yes, you can wash with distilled water and sodium carbonate. Mix in a jar and shake, once it all settles pipette off the Naptha. Do this 3 times and it should clear up your yellow Naptha. Be sure to backsalt first to get all the goodies out (Freebase DMT has a solubility of 112mg per 100ml at -20c) BEFORE cleaning your Naptha.

Yes, using yellow Naptha to Freeze Precipate will result in yellow crystals, to be honest I like the light yellow crystals better than the white. From what I've seen from testing done here properly performed extraction results in a very pure product even when it has a color.

Interesting! I am super grateful for you spelling out so I can understand. I will try this with my next pulls. One thing I do not understand is what you mean by "backsalt". I see it mentioned a bunch when I search it, but I can't seem to find the actual process. Again I apologize, but I have no formal training in this area and have only ever performed two extractions, so I am very much a noob to all of this.
May we continue to be blessed

Voidmatrix
#43 Posted : 9/22/2021 11:37:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

ShamanisticVibes wrote:
Dirty T wrote:

Interesting! I am super grateful for you spelling out so I can understand. I will try this with my next pulls. One thing I do not understand is what you mean by "backsalt". I see it mentioned a bunch when I search it, but I can't seem to find the actual process. Again I apologize, but I have no formal training in this area and have only ever performed two extractions, so I am very much a noob to all of this.

You know you don't have to apologize for that Smile . And Dirty T seems like I real cool person who likes helping.

Anyways...

dreamer042 wrote:
Wash, backsalt, then recrystalize.

Wash: When the alkaloid is in solvent add some slightly basic water, mix thoroughly and allow the layers to separate, discard the water layer. This will remove impurities that are water soluble.

Backsalt: When the alkaloid is in solvent add some slightly acidic water, mix thoroughly and allow the layers to separate, discard the solvent layer, base the water layer and pull the alkaloid back into fresh solvent. This will remove the solvent soluble impurities.

Recrystalize: After collecting the alkaloid, re-dissolve in fresh warm solvent (use a warm water bath away from heat sources), allow the solvent to cool to room temperature, impurities will settle to the bottom of the container, decant the solvent off from the impurities and proceed with freeze precipitation.

Bonus Round - Big Crystals: Insert a seed crystal. Instead of putting the solvent directly in the freezer, put it in the fridge and allow it to cool, then into the freezer for a bit, then back to the fridge, then into the freezer again. Repeat as desired for larger and more impressive clusters. Leave the final freeze for 48-72 hours or more.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ShamanisticVibes
#44 Posted : 9/23/2021 1:04:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

voidmatrix wrote:
You know you don't have to apologize for that Smile . And Dirty T seems like I real cool person who likes helping.

Anyways...

dreamer042 wrote:
Wash, backsalt, then recrystalize.

Wash: When the alkaloid is in solvent add some slightly basic water, mix thoroughly and allow the layers to separate, discard the water layer. This will remove impurities that are water soluble.

Backsalt: When the alkaloid is in solvent add some slightly acidic water, mix thoroughly and allow the layers to separate, discard the solvent layer, base the water layer and pull the alkaloid back into fresh solvent. This will remove the solvent soluble impurities.

Recrystalize: After collecting the alkaloid, re-dissolve in fresh warm solvent (use a warm water bath away from heat sources), allow the solvent to cool to room temperature, impurities will settle to the bottom of the container, decant the solvent off from the impurities and proceed with freeze precipitation.

Bonus Round - Big Crystals: Insert a seed crystal. Instead of putting the solvent directly in the freezer, put it in the fridge and allow it to cool, then into the freezer for a bit, then back to the fridge, then into the freezer again. Repeat as desired for larger and more impressive clusters. Leave the final freeze for 48-72 hours or more.

One love [/quote]

Thanks, Void! And you know how I am, lol, I will always over-apologize for the simple fact that I would rather come off as overly apologetic than ungrateful or entitled/lazy. I do appreciate the help though. I will give this a shot!

Loveall
#45 Posted : 9/23/2021 1:23:02 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Loveall wrote:
So how about looking into a TEK that keeps polymerization in mind and tries to minimize it?

So what would a "Min Poly TEK" look like? Some polymerization always happens, so maybe a TEK with a dedicated de-polymerization step is worth while. How about something like this:

1) Plant Matrix separation: Mix 100g bark, 200g water, and 25g of NaOH. Rest for 24h for plant matrix to be broken down.

2) De-polymerization: Add 500ml of vinegar. After that, dissolve in 40g of citric acid and 40g of ascorbic acid. Shake every once in a while for at least 24h.

3) FB extraction: Add 100ml of naphtha. Add 40g of NaOH to roughly neutralize the solution. Slowly add more NaOH (~10 to 20g) while mixing. Liquid will become cloudy temporarily and emulsions will form. With enough NaOH the emulsion will break. Siphon off naphtha.

4) Freeze precipitate as usual.

First 3 pulls with this process are done. 2.24% yield of yellow but fluffy DMT. Hoping for a little more from the next 3 pulls 🤞

About what I get with max ion, but not as white. I think that by moving alkaline lysing before "de-polymerization" there is a chance we could improve on the already excellent max ion tek. More tests to come. Perhaps de-polymerization was not complete after all the alkaline treatment. Perhaps HCl is better at de-polymerization and will produce even whiter DMT. I'll do future tests in the minimum polymerization work tread. Cheers.
Loveall attached the following image(s):
IMG_20210922_200859502.jpg (3,135kb) downloaded 137 time(s).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Voidmatrix
#46 Posted : 9/23/2021 2:17:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wasn't planning on sharing these because the yield wasn't quite what I was hoping for (1.030), but I can't help myself with Loveall gettin it done over here Love

I still have both jars from my previous two extractions. Will try to squeeze more out of each in the coming days.

One love
Voidmatrix attached the following image(s):
Frosty.jpg (4,033kb) downloaded 130 time(s).
Mound.jpg (2,965kb) downloaded 131 time(s).
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Loveall
#47 Posted : 9/23/2021 2:37:54 AM

❤️‍🔥

Voidmatrix wrote:
I wasn't planning on sharing these because the yield wasn't quite what I was hoping for (1.030), but I can't help myself with Loveall gettin it done over here Love

I still have both jars from my previous two extractions. Will try to squeeze more out of each in the coming days.

One love

That's really white. Are you pulling near room temp? If so, if you warm things up I think you may get more. It will be yellow, but with a mini A/B and strong acid for some time it should go from yellow to white.

Voidmatrix
#48 Posted : 9/23/2021 3:14:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

That's really white. Are you pulling near room temp? If so, if you warm things up I think you may get more. It will be yellow, but with a mini A/B and strong acid for some time it should go from yellow to white.

Big grin Thank you!

I actually heated the soup jar prior to performing the pulls, and left each jar of solvent sit in the heat bath (over 50c) for longer than I usually do.

I'm still planning on performing more pulls to get as much out as possible (kicking myself for all the ones that I gave up on, assuming that 1g (1%) was standard, normal, to be expected, and the end of that extraction).

One love

Dirty T
#49 Posted : 9/24/2021 12:12:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You're welcome Shamanistic Vibes, glad I could help.

Lately I've been pulling from my 'spent' soup with Xylene then using a mini AB and pull with Naptha for a bonus 0.5%. It's amazing how much comes out. I'm going to do some pulls tonight and take a picture when I'm done (probably be a few days, I'm in no rush).

ShamanisticVibes
#50 Posted : 9/24/2021 1:07:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
You're welcome Shamanistic Vibes, glad I could help.

Lately I've been pulling from my 'spent' soup with Xylene then using a mini AB and pull with Naptha for a bonus 0.5%. It's amazing how much comes out. I'm going to do some pulls tonight and take a picture when I'm done (probably be a few days, I'm in no rush).

I've also been getting quite a bit more than average. I just did my tenth pull. Pulls 4-5 have added an extra.75%, and is still coming out the same color as the first 5. It is a lot of work, but what I have been doing is just leaving it set until I have a few moments. I have been doing this particular batch for 4.5 weeks, just getting at it when I have the time to do so. I think there is quite a bit more in there than we give it credit for, it just takes some extra patience

Loveall
#51 Posted : 10/4/2021 3:08:26 PM

❤️‍🔥

Loveall wrote:
Loveall wrote:
So how about looking into a TEK that keeps polymerization in mind and tries to minimize it?

So what would a "Min Poly TEK" look like? Some polymerization always happens, so maybe a TEK with a dedicated de-polymerization step is worth while. How about something like this:

1) Plant Matrix separation: Mix 100g bark, 200g water, and 25g of NaOH. Rest for 24h for plant matrix to be broken down.

2) De-polymerization: Add 500ml of vinegar. After that, dissolve in 40g of citric acid and 40g of ascorbic acid. Shake every once in a while for at least 24h.

3) FB extraction: Add 100ml of naphtha. Add 40g of NaOH to roughly neutralize the solution. Slowly add more NaOH (~10 to 20g) while mixing. Liquid will become cloudy temporarily and emulsions will form. With enough NaOH the emulsion will break. Siphon off naphtha.

4) Freeze precipitate as usual.

First 3 pulls with this process are done. 2.24% yield of yellow but fluffy DMT. Hoping for a little more from the next 3 pulls 🤞

About what I get with max ion, but not as white. I think that by moving alkaline lysing before "de-polymerization" there is a chance we could improve on the already excellent max ion tek. More tests to come. Perhaps de-polymerization was not complete after all the alkaline treatment. Perhaps HCl is better at de-polymerization and will produce even whiter DMT. I'll do future tests in the minimum polymerization work tread. Cheers.

Just to wrap this up, got another .47g of oil/crystal mix after 3 more pulls (see image) for a total yield of 2.71%.

Personal record from my bark, but not white x-tals. Gonna try to minimize polymer in the other thread (minimum polymerization).
Loveall attached the following image(s):
IMG_20211004_100254542.jpg (667kb) downloaded 88 time(s).

Dirty T
#52 Posted : 10/4/2021 10:24:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's awesome Loveall. I got some nice xtals pics when I figure how to post them I will add a couple.

Shamanistic Vibes, I have also noticed quite a larger amount than normal as well, AS LONG as I'm willing to wait. I can mix up 10 jars (500g) and pull 5 grams freezer precipated white fluff within 6 hours from the time I mix the Lye in the water and add the bark to the time I pull the trays from the freezer. If I wait another week after the initial 2 pulls (done up front, back to back) I'll get at least another 5 grams, not counting what comes out after the backsalt (requiring 2 more Naptha pulls, then 2 Xylene pulls. I've been asked In the past why not just use Xylene and the answer is simple, after backsalting the acid must be heated to remove residual Xylene BEFORE basifying and pulling with fresh Naptha or you will just get yellow polymers that won't freeze precipate and have to evaporate the Naptha rather than freeze. I'd rather just do it at the end as I do not backsalt every pull) In my experience average yield from STB extraction method with powdered/pencil shaving fine ground bark is 2%-2.5%. This is also fresh pink inner bark, Lower quality bark will decrease yields.

Jees
#53 Posted : 10/5/2021 12:01:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall, that 2.7 mark is amazing, looking forward to the goo treatment.

Dirty T wrote:
...why not just use Xylene and the answer is simple, after backsalting the acid must be heated to remove residual Xylene BEFORE basifying and pulling with fresh Naptha or you will just get yellow polymers that won't freeze precipate ...
Never heard of heating backsalt this way. Will try this next time for the little effort that it is.

PREV123