We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Possibly fried something? I've been looking for days for a similar experience to no avail. Options

Antmil8889
#1 Posted : 9/23/2021 3:24:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So the other day I attempted to make changa for the first time. I believe I messed up something and all the spice concentrated to one area. I believe this because I took one large hit, and immediately before I could put the bong down was hit with..... an undescribable blitzkrieg of energy. I believe my fight or flight response kicked in because I got out of bed trying to run and put the bong down. (Sort of). As I crumpled to the floor my arms turned into noodles and melted into the bed along with the rest of me. After that I became this infinite pool of plasma like energy along with the world around me. It was just an intense intense explosion. So far past any other experience that I can't even quantify it. To be honest, it was terrifying.

I got lost for a moment and remember thinking," what is this? What am I?" I know that I was terrified, but I didn't know why. Or that I was an I even really. Then I got lost again, and when I came back to I was hyperventilating unlike anything I've ever seen from a person. On video or in person. I grasped who I was now, and the terror multiplied. I'm dieing , I'm going to lose my wife,my kids,I'll never see them again. I couldn't open my eyes because I would be back in plasma land and it hurt. I couldn't close my eyes because then it would just flash all the colors of the rainbow at great intensity and that would hurt. Closed eyes was the better option though. At some point I realized I was in the feeble position but kind of sitting up against the bed. I believe I was rocking back and forth and saying, " wtf is this, wtf is happening,why is this happening, how is this happening, where am I,etc.

I then realized that my wife was holding me tight to her chest and trying her best to calm me( stroking hair,shushing kindly,it's ok it's ok breath, etc) I realized she was there because I tried to run/ crawl towards the door. She kept pulling me back and teling me to close my eyes, it would be ok. I still kept trying to turn that direction, but when I did the open eye visuals were still so intense I couldn't see the door( that I was sitting right in front of). I then let go and trusted her to do what was best. I also realized that if my breathing didn't get under control( and probably my BP, heart rate, etc) I was going to be in real trouble. I was so close to calling an ambulance,and truthfully most probably would have/ I should have.

I was still hyperventilating and she was asking if she needs to call the ambulance, and I eventually was able to speak and say no I'm ok.( I wasnt) I was still confused and trying to flee occasionally I remember giving up when I realized I couldn't find the door. I sat closed eye for a few moments trying to recover. After a few minutes of that I was able to open my eyes again without being blinded. She eventually left to grab me some drinks/ crackers/ tidy up. I sat there for a while unable to really move or think. Eventually I was able to get back in bed and sip water. But now all my senses were confused. The worst was I felt like sand paper. Everything was gritty.

After that I took a shower and was pretty much fine, although in shock. I almost immediately was grateful for the trip( although never wanting to repeat) because I wanted to cherish and love my family. I felt bad for not being as loving or understanding as I feel I should be. And remembered the terror of never seeing them again. Also, it reinforced 10 fold the amount of respect and caution I should be practicing.

Fast forward a week, and I swore off the changa for a while. But figured I would try a small dose of freebase. 20 mg( I pretty much stick with 40-50)....nothing. well maybe I messed up on technique. Another 20 nothing...maybe a bad batch? A different batch nothing. I tried one more time, 50 mg in a dab rig. Nothing, besides items "standing out a little better" whites maybe a little whiter and angles/ depth perception slightly different, but that's it.

Can you accidently concentrate all the dmt into one area of the changa on accident? And if so and I dosed 15x what I should have, could I have ruined the chances of ever enjoying this wonderful substance again? Yes, I know everyone will recommend taking a break and I am going to. Just trying to find someone eith a similar experience at least. Because I can't find squat about anything like this.

Thank you in advance
-ant

P.s. changa was .75 grams dmt to .75 grams of herb(.25 of passion flower, peppermint, and mullein) dissolved in isopropyl alcohol.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Exitwound
#2 Posted : 9/23/2021 8:46:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you checked out Hyperspace Lexicon?

Look up hyperslap and lockout terms.

Edit: also I think that maybe your changa was more potent than you expected. My experiences show that anything above 50mg fb is a potential blackout. Since you didn't have a blackout but had an unpleasant trip, therefore maybe that changa chunk was more potent.
DMT can be anything really, but if you are locked out, don't rush it through, take a break and you will be back.

BongQuixote
#3 Posted : 9/23/2021 10:43:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I had this happen to me. Didn't weigh my changa out, because I was an idiot, and accidentally took way too big of a hit. Ended up in some horrific white noise land with intense paralyzing fear, very unpleasant. It took about six months before I could use DMT normally again and have the desired effects. So I agree that taking a break is probably a good idea. Don't rush it. You will recover.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 9/23/2021 6:22:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Ime, the same dosage can have different intensities in different instances, for different reasons (some known and some unknown). Dosage seems to give a ballpark of the intensity of an experience.

I doubt that too much DMT could be concentrated in more than negligible amounts in one area of the batch over others due to it having been dissolved in isopropyl alcohol first. Should be a relatively uniform distribution unless you used very little isopropyl alcohol.

I have had similar experiences in content and intensity, but different in management. I've also never been actually locked out. It's something that comes up for enough people however that you may want to look into it.

As some have already mentioned, kudos on taking a break. Work on yourself, engage life, integrate past experiences and when the time is right you will get back in Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 9/23/2021 7:01:30 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Always mix your changa well, is perhaps the only other thing to take away from this.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

mad_banshee
#6 Posted : 9/23/2021 10:19:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been there many times when I thought I smoked too much. I've been a tripper since the 1960's but still DMT can blow you away if you over partake. Smaller amounts of course, but a key thing is to surrender yourself before you toke knowing that you won't die and no matter how wild the ride gets you'll be back in 10 minutes.
I use it ceremoniously. Chill a few hours, have 2 pipes prepared, take a nice hot shower, lie back in bed with no clothes or covers on me to confine me. Toke, and let it take me where it wants to. Some trips are glorious and sometimes I'm blocked from flight without knowing why. Psychedelics are for use by brave people. If you fear them you probably won't get much enjoyment out of them.
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

Dirty T
#7 Posted : 9/24/2021 5:24:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Like others said, if you are smoalking 50mg with threshold effects I would definitely give it a break. You're experiencing lock out and if you force your way through you are liable to regret it. It can get so much worse than what you described. Your experience sounded kind of pleasant compared to the common hyperslap. As far as it concentrating in one area, there is absolutely no way you inhaled 750mg of DMT in one hit. If you smoked it all you probably got 10% of it and the rest went up in smoke. Your tolerance issues are also common. Sometimes I can eat 2g Psilocybin and barely feel it and sometimes I can take 300mg of the exact same clone and see full blown OEVs and I have always had a natural tryptamine tolerance. The 5ht2a receptor is very strange in the way it binds with these substances. Maybe someday we'll fully understand what's going on but 8 believe we're at least a decade out.