We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hamilton's Pharmacopeia Discussion Options

MachienDome
#1 Posted : 8/17/2021 11:31:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just watched a few episodes of Hamilton's Pharmacopeia and wow...what a great series! Its rare to have such a realistic look at "drugs" from a perspective that isn't Hell-bent on demonizing them. Has anyone else seen this series? He's a chemist and gives his (educated) perspective and researach on various lesser-known, rare, eclectic "drugs". Various episodes are uploaded to Youtube.

I'd like to start a thread discussing any thoughts, additions, etc that would benefit the watching experience of this great series! Anything that could provide more insight, correct errors (check out the Bufo episodes! LOL) or just continue the discussion of what is presented in this great series! I personally love the Uncle Fester ("A positive Meth story"Pleased episode...I remember reading those 90's underground publications. Great memories from the days of a free press!

If Hamilton is on this board I would highly encourage him to make a 2nd public account and join in! Pleased
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Seeingisbelieving
#2 Posted : 8/18/2021 1:37:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shulgins I have known and loved is great. Episode 1 of the newest season is the best episode by far but the xenon episode was mind blowing and had me in tears laughing. There is an interview between Hamilton Morris and Eric Andre on Youtube that is absolutely hilarious too.

I kind of wish he would do an episode on DXM even though I know the DXM heads dont want the publicity.

ShamanisticVibes
#3 Posted : 8/18/2021 4:27:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hamilton is part of the reason why I got back into growing entheogens. He talks about them with such passion, respect, and reverence. His going on these journeys on camera is not only brave, but it perpetuates an attitude that these things, while they can be scary, are also very sacred and important. Showing us all that the subject is not quite as taboo as the world would like us to believe at times. I owe a lot to Hamilton and I think this appreciation thread is a bit overdue.
Blessings, friend
May we continue to be blessed

MachienDome
#4 Posted : 8/19/2021 7:41:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
Shulgins I have known and loved is great. Episode 1 of the newest season is the best episode by far but the xenon episode was mind blowing and had me in tears laughing. There is an interview between Hamilton Morris and Eric Andre on Youtube that is absolutely hilarious too.

I kind of wish he would do an episode on DXM even though I know the DXM heads dont want the publicity.

I remember SiHKAL! I was so excited to have found it while searching Youtube for more info on Hammiltons past work. Shulgin was a true mad scientist and spiritual alchemist, may he rest in peace. Have you seen the documentary "Dirty Pictures"? Its another one on Shulgin but doesnt have Hamilton...it may have been before they met.

That Xenon episode also blew my mind...I couldnt believe it was actual Xenon the gas and not just some slang name for something else. I would have been so scared to try it! Wont it make your brain glow neon? LOL I think most people are hesitant to talk to him on camera, I think he mentioned something like that in one of his online interviews....which there is a suprising amount of. I have to assume thats why the DMT episode was lacking IMHO. Not a lot of enthusiasts would want to go on camera so only the nutty ones who crave attention were interested. Plus, we all here know the futility to trying to describe a DMT trip. The Hyperspace Lexicon is way ahead of its time in trying to put together brand new words in order to describe psychedelic trips.

ShamanisticVibes wrote:
Hamilton is part of the reason why I got back into growing entheogens. He talks about them with such passion, respect, and reverence. His going on these journeys on camera is not only brave, but it perpetuates an attitude that these things, while they can be scary, are also very sacred and important. Showing us all that the subject is not quite as taboo as the world would like us to believe at times. I owe a lot to Hamilton and I think this appreciation thread is a bit overdue.
Blessings, friend

He is quite an inspiring guy, I do agree its refreshing to see someone treat these plants and chemicals with the reverence they deserve. I remember him talking about Vice trying to get him to do these BS media hype stories and Krocadyl and how every thing he came across like that seemed to have this other side of the story that completely negates the scare story - like how Krocadyl was just this attempt at home-making a drug and leaving the solvents like gasoline and phosphorus in it making the harm from taking the drug actually just phosphorus poisoning and gasoline causing skin necrosis. Hes a respectable person for not wanting to feed into the made up media hype and used his knowledge to highlight the dangers of keeping drugs illicit. I also cant wait for more content like that, hopefully he will continue the great content!

Grey Fox
#5 Posted : 8/20/2021 1:09:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hamilton has a wonderful ability to discuss psychoactive drugs in a way that is approachable yet informative and balanced. I really enjoy his show as well as his podcast appearances. "The Cactus Apprentice" episode from Season 2 is outstanding.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

pinkoyd
#6 Posted : 8/21/2021 1:46:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

I have just one question: Why was I not informed that taking psychedelics for a nationally broadcast television program was a viable career option??
I already asked Alice.

MachienDome
#7 Posted : 8/24/2021 4:43:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pinkoyd wrote:
I have just one question: Why was I not informed that taking psychedelics for a nationally broadcast television program was a viable career option??

LOL! Laughing Dare to dream! But seriously, theres no shortage of content that could be made since society deems the subject matter something to be ignored.

ShamanisticVibes
#8 Posted : 8/29/2021 9:53:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

pinkoyd wrote:

HA! Right!? I think the timing was right, and he does these things in places where they are legal and culturally accepted. I honestly think that it was the perfect storm at the perfect time, plus he excels at both journalism and chemistry so all it took was a little hard work and determination. I also think that there were a lot of "hitches" in his "giddy up" as some would say. An interview with him on (I believe) JRE(?) where he mentioned that the third season he basically had to fund with his own personal monies. What a great f*ckin' guy! Big grin
May we continue to be blessed

RoundAbout
#9 Posted : 8/30/2021 4:31:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pinkoyd wrote:

Not diminishing Hamilton's work whatsoever, but having Errol Morris as a father probably helped in a variety of ways. (Which I am thankful for, clearly he has made good use of many opportunities in life.)

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 8/31/2021 4:13:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

RoundAbout wrote:
pinkoyd wrote:

Not diminishing Hamilton's work whatsoever, but having Errol Morris as a father probably helped in a variety of ways. (Which I am thankful for, clearly he has made good use of many opportunities in life.)

Opportunity, upbringing, influence, introduction, fostering, status, etc. are all external factors that influence "success," not excluding Hamilton's dedication, passion, work ethic, etc.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

MachienDome
#11 Posted : 9/1/2021 1:58:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, I had no idea who Errol Morris was but thats fascinating! No wonder he was open to making a documentary series on the subject! I hope his father would be proud of the integrity and knowledge he brought to the table and I do agree Hamilton is a brilliant guy that has immesurably benefited the anti-drug-war community with his ethical reporting.

With all due respect, the only thing lacking in the series is Hamiltons lack of "street smarts" (and possible lack of knowledge of the CIA's influence with Vice network which would put a lot of people off on providing interviews...I personally would never do a drug related interview for Vice due to this fact. I do hope that he eventually does a series on his own through crowdfunding or some other means since he mentioned how hard it was to get actually knowledgeable people to interview.) Maybe he would partner with a more "street smart" person who could get his foot in the door and produce through a company not directly funded by the US government/CIA.

Dirty T
#12 Posted : 9/20/2021 7:01:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do like the show and the episode on Mushrooms actually helped my wife feel comfortable with me growing mushrooms at home when I started that a few years ago. However I disliked the 'mushroom lab' part of that episode, that whole setup was completely ridiculous, the tubs looked unhealthy, he used a glove box for transfers rather than a SAB or a flow hood and his comment about Golden Teachers was plain stupid, outside of the rare variety that may or may not be producing an unknown mystery alkaloid a cube is a cube is a cube, any other idea is misinformation and plain silly. I've grown some 20 odd varieties of cubes and with the exception of my Albino A+ strain they're all the same, most even look nearly identical.

I do like that he has mainstreamed these obscure substances to an extent but dislike the idea that some people that have no business doing some of this stuff may get ideas from watching it. I wonder how many poor little toads have been forced into hibernation because people watched the Bufo episode. I know I've had friends ask me about 5meo and I always say the same thing, it can be dangerous, it's not what you think it is, plant material is hard to find and using the toads forcibly is harmful, irresponsible and abusive.

MachienDome
#13 Posted : 9/23/2021 4:11:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Speaking of the Bufo episode, heres a link for anyone interested in the conference he spoke at in that episode:

World Bufo Alvarius Congress
https://www.wbac.info

It looks like they didnt have one in 2021 (for obvious reasons) and no mention of one in 2022 yet.

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 9/23/2021 5:15:55 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

MachienDome wrote:
Speaking of the Bufo episode, heres a link for anyone interested in the conference he spoke at in that episode:

World Bufo Alvarius Congress
https://www.wbac.info

It looks like they didnt have one in 2021 (for obvious reasons) and no mention of one in 2022 yet.

Maybe it's because the toad has been redesignated as Incillius alvarius? Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli