We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678
Harmalas extraction-syrian rue (by SAKKADELIC) Options

Loveall
#141 Posted : 9/22/2021 2:02:55 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

merkin wrote:
That's an interesting observation Loveall. I have always found that no matter how often I filter the acid liquid going from a-b (also including manske steps) there always seems to be more dark stuff in the filter no matter how many times I filter. I don't filter the base liquids unless collecting precipitate, usually just a decant/siphon.

The pH is obviously varying a lot when I'm doing these but I have tended to go quite a lot lower (<4) and often even lower. I was not paying attention to it at all when acidifying really - most of the time I was watching pH in detail was during the basing for separations and pH reversals, never the acidifying.

This is probably the reason the acid phase cleaning filters always seem to leave yet more stuff no matter how many iterations! I suspect you are right that controlling it and keeping it in a tighter range is a good idea.

**OT
As an aside, I bioassayed 300mg of my 'full spectrum' and it kicked my butt! Bit strong for me but quite stomach trouble-free apart from a sudden urge-to-purge around t+2hr but the purge was done and dusted v quickly with no nausea build-up or die-down like my full rue 'tea' experiences.

As a follow-up, I based the gunk what dissolved below pH5.5 with sodium carb and it crashed as a brown precipitate, so it would survive the usual A/B steps.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

michaeljohn1234m
#142 Posted : 1/12/2024 11:31:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi people
This is my first go at this Tek by SAKKADELIC
I just finished step 5,looks good. BUT has a bad taste to it.
I took some photo's an d when I zoom in you can see white stuff (caustic soda) ?
in step 4 I water washed 5 times the PH was 12.I don't know how many times two wash it
I need to know my next steps In detail
So do dissolve it in vinegar and do more water washers and how low should I go with the PH.
michaeljohn1234m attached the following image(s):
20240113_100638[1].jpg (1,814kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
20240113_100610[1].jpg (1,889kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
20240113_100542[1].jpg (4,710kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
20240113_100628[1].jpg (1,828kb) downloaded 95 time(s).

michaeljohn1234m
#143 Posted : 1/13/2024 5:19:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm thinking of going to step 4:re basifying and water washes.but how many washers and what PH to go down to

Sakkadelic
#144 Posted : 1/13/2024 12:57:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi michaeljohn1234m,

these are harmala hcl crystals obtained by manske so there is no way they are contaminated with caustic soda. one very likely contamination is salt.

they are supposed to taste bitter and bad in this form. the freebase is tasteless when pure in my experience.

your results look great from the pictures Thumbs up . what was the yield?

if you'd like to further purify it:

-dissolve in warm water and a little bit of distilled white vinegar.
-basify with sodium carbonate, after basification with only sodium carbonate the solution remains yellow, this is fine but you can add a few drops of caustic soda solution and this will complete the conversion
-top the container with water, let settle, decant. do a couple of washings. you can collect the harmalas as freebase at this point.
-if you'd like to have the hcl crystals. you can repeat the manske step.
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

michaeljohn1234m
#145 Posted : 1/14/2024 12:12:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Sakkadelic
That's good news. I thought they were suppose to be tasteless, but that's step 6.
I got 7g from 100g of seed and it looks great.
your tek is so much easier. I did 15min microwaves. 5 times, got it all out.
I'm going to use it with DMT. So what I'd like to know is,Do I use it as is or should I go the next step and free base it, or both steps back to hcl crystals.
and thank you for all the Time you have put into this Tek and the others who contributed

Sakkadelic
#146 Posted : 1/15/2024 10:46:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks! glad it worked out well for you.

7% harmalas HCl is a very good yield! and it looks clean. it is probably contaminated a bit with salt but that is fine.

if you use it orally in capsules, it doesn't make much difference whether it's harmala salts or freebase. The freebase however is heavier so 100 mg of HCl harmalas =(in effect)= 85 mg freebase harmalas. you need to adjust your dose accordingly.

the freebase is more versatile, it can be used sublingually with minimal taste, it can be smoked on its own, infused in leaf, or used to make changa. but if it is not stored properly it degrades and turns red, the HCl harmalas is more stable and stores better.
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

«PREV678