We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
thinking of trying A/B (instead of STB) Options

PedroSanchez
#1 Posted : 9/5/2021 11:25:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i have been extracting using STB method for about a year now and i am thinking about trying A/B instead to see how it compares.
is this worth doing?
i have seen lots of reports of higher yields and cleaner results, but when skimming through teks it looks much more complicated and seems to need extras, such as distilled water.

what are your recommendations? is it worth moving to A/B? if so can you recommend a tek to get me started that might be easy to transition to from STB with lye and naphtha?

thank you for the help
Love

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 9/5/2021 1:26:04 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I would recommend cyb's max ion tek. Have you tried it? Seems to give better yield tham the simpler STB and the product looks pretty pure right away. I think it's worth the extra work.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=459391
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 9/6/2021 4:43:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A standard A/B is my go to method for extracting dmt from root bark. 3x boils with healthy splash vinegar added to water (tap is just fine). Filter with funnel and bandana/t-shirt/whatever. Combine and reduce to fit in extraction vessel (remember to account for room to add some NaOH solution and Naphtha). Base with NaOH solution. 1 part NaOH to 4 parts rootbark. So if you started with 100 grams root bark, base the tea with 25 grams NaOH (I make solution but you can add lye crystal straight to the extraction if you like). Pull with vm&p Naphtha. Freeze precipitate.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 9/6/2021 6:43:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Max Ion is wonderful. I've recently learned that the freeze/thaw step isn't really necessary.

However, with A/B, one is just adding an acid phase at the beginning. Not too much more work. Just more waiting really (acid cook is 8 hours).

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

PedroSanchez
#5 Posted : 9/22/2021 9:51:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

great! thank you for the replies everybody (sorry for the slow response).
i will learn the max ion tek next and try it out. what a lovely PDF cyb has created!

"A yield of 3% is theoretically achievable." ... sold! Big grin

thank you all very much for the help