We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Changa with THH experience Options

BongQuixote
#1 Posted : 9/16/2021 1:04:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone! Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

I wanted to share a few notes about my latest batch of changa. I've prepared changa many times, but this is the first time I incorporated THH.

Recipe: 1 gram dried mint, 650 mg DMT, 325 mg harmine, 325 mg THH (converted from rue-extracted harmaline using magnesium). Mixed with some isopropyl alcohol and let evaporate.

Goal and dosage: I was not looking for a strong breakthrough experience, or even a visit to candy land. The main goal was to evaluate how THH played with the mix. Loaded about 200mg (58 mg DMT equivalent) and smoked about a third in one hit. My partner smoked another third and we left a third in the pipe. So I'm estimating the dosage to be about 20mg DMT, 10mg harmine and 10mg THH per person.

Experience: Got the usual rising tones in the ears, color patterns and then silence. CEVs of swirling color wheels, very bright colors! This went on for some time, and just when it was about to fade out, it started again even stronger. The wheels turned more 3D and starting moving around more. It was almost like you got put into second gear and the experience got more intense. This went on for an indeterminate amount of time, but I would guess maybe 10-15 minutes. The CEVs stopped and I opened my eyes and things looked back to normal. However, the afterglow was ridiculous and went on for at least 3 hours of superchill relaxation and music listening. I never had that long of an afterglow from such a small dose before. I suspect the THH was responsible for both the second gear effect and the extended afterglow.

Next day: My partner usually feels like garbage (flu like symptoms, headache, malaise) the next day after changa, and I always suspected it had something to do with harmaline (usually part of my changa mix). Lo and behold, she was totally fine with zero adverse effects!

Very pleased with this batch, and will try a stronger dose next time. I realize this is anecdotal, but using THH instead of harmaline in changa seems to greatly enhance the experience and minimize undesirable side effects.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Th3_tRuTh
#2 Posted : 9/16/2021 1:26:59 PM

YĆ«gen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

Well done! I love that more and more people are digging into harmala like this. My last batch of changa is very similar to yours except my DMT ratio is higher and my THH is a little lower. I really enjoy rue though so this was a perfect mix for my taste. THH really does amp up the visuals and auditory for sure. I love it. This is definitely my favorite batch of changa so far. I love this stuff. <3

monomind
#3 Posted : 9/17/2021 11:20:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmine and THH in equal amounts is resembling the aya vine composition according to some literature so its good to hear about your positive experience with it.

My favorite changa is also 1:1 dmt:harmala but till now i just use full spectrum rue extract which contains harmine and harmaline. Its a bit on the heavy side but amazing nevertheless.

I also usually have a bit of headache and lungs roughness sensation the day after...
Going to try your blend and see what happens. I wonder if this is indeed down to the harmaline.

BongQuixote
#4 Posted : 9/17/2021 5:44:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I hope you have a great experience! Please let us know how it works out.

starway7
#5 Posted : 9/21/2021 12:16:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=BongQuixote]Hi everyone! Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

I wanted to share a few notes about my latest batch of changa. I've prepared changa many times, but this is the first time I incorporated THH.

Recipe: 1 gram dried mint, 650 mg DMT, 325 mg harmine, 325 mg THH (converted from rue-extracted harmaline using magnesium). Mixed with some isopropyl alcohol and let evaporate.

Goal and dosage: I was not looking for a strong breakthrough experience, or even a visit to candy land. The main goal was to evaluate how THH played with the mix. Loaded about 200mg (58 mg DMT equivalent) and smoked about a third in one hit. My partner smoked another third and we left a third in the pipe. So I'm estimating the dosage to be about 20mg DMT, 10mg harmine and 10mg THH per person.

Experience: Got the usual rising tones in the ears, color patterns and then silence. CEVs of swirling color wheels, very bright colors! This went on for some time, and just when it was about to fade out, it started again even stronger. The wheels turned more 3D and starting moving around more. It was almost like you got put into second gear and the experience got more intense. This went on for an indeterminate amount of time, but I would guess maybe 10-15 minutes. The CEVs stopped and I opened my eyes and things looked back to normal. However, the afterglow was ridiculous and went on for at least 3 hours of superchill relaxation and music listening. I never had that long of an afterglow from such a small dose before. I suspect the THH was responsible for both the second gear effect and the extended afterglow.

Next day: My partner usually feels like garbage (flu like symptoms, headache, malaise) the next day after changa, and I always suspected it had something to do with harmaline (usually part of my changa mix). Lo and behold, she was totally fine with zero adverse effects!

Very pleased with this batch, and will try a stronger dose next time. I realize this is anecdotal, but using THH instead of harmaline in changa seems to greatly enhance the experience and minimize undesirable side effects.

Hi ..BongQuixote..

How did you extract your THH?

Did you have to use that nasty ..zinc dust/?

BongQuixote
#6 Posted : 9/21/2021 8:11:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

No, I don't use zinc dust. I tried it before, but it was painfully slow and did not convert the harmaline fully. As I mentioned in my post I use magnesium (in ribbon form). It's basically non-toxic at these levels, so not concerned in the least even with trace amounts remaining in the end product. The recommended dietary intake is 300-400mg of magnesium per day so even if your THH turned out to be all magnesium, you'll be fine. Dangerous doses are upwards of 13-15 grams. Your kidneys flushes out the excess; it doesn't stay in your body like some heavier metals.

murklan
#7 Posted : 9/21/2021 8:38:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BongQuixote wrote:
....As I mentioned in my post I use magnesium (in ribbon form). It's basically non-toxic at these levels, so not concerned in the least even with trace amounts remaining in the end product.

Great to hear. I'd like to try this and I've got the magnesium ribbon but would like to read a good way to do the conversion. I understand that I probably need ammonia but I wonder how pure this has to be. I can't find any 'lab grade'.

BongQuixote
#8 Posted : 9/21/2021 8:45:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ammonia is a gas, so it will normally evaporate cleanly. Some ammonia used for window cleaning has surfactants in it, but most regular hardware store ammonia doesn't. Lab grade is not a requirement, just use what's available in your hardware store. If you're concerned, do a evaporation test to confirm there is no residual film post-evap.

To do the harmaline->THH conversion, you just need acetic acid, magnesium ribbon and preferable a magnetic stirrer. Dissolve your harmaline in acetic water, add ribbon and spin it for an hour. If the bubbling stops, add more acetic acid and go for another hour. Filter out any unreacted magnesium, basify with ammonia to precipitate the alkaloids and you're done.

starway7
#9 Posted : 9/21/2021 1:48:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there any reason ..magnesium powder.. wont work in the reduction of harmaline to THH?

Whats the big difference ...magnesium powder..verses magnesium ribbon...mag powder easier to get in stores..

BongQuixote
#10 Posted : 9/21/2021 10:13:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It's easier to filter out leftover ribbon than a powder, but otherwise I don't think it makes a difference.

murklan
#11 Posted : 9/22/2021 9:40:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BongQuixote wrote:
Ammonia is a gas, so it will normally evaporate cleanly. Some ammonia used for window cleaning has surfactants in it, but most regular hardware store ammonia doesn't. Lab grade is not a requirement, just use what's available in your hardware store. If you're concerned, do a evaporation test to confirm there is no residual film post-evap.

Great! I'll look for it there. I've seen some with the concentration 24.5% and hope that is ok.

BongQuixote wrote:
To do the harmaline->THH conversion, you just need acetic acid, magnesium ribbon and preferable a magnetic stirrer. Dissolve your harmaline in acetic water, add ribbon and spin it for an hour. If the bubbling stops, add more acetic acid and go for another hour. Filter out any unreacted magnesium, basify with ammonia to precipitate the alkaloids and you're done.

I don't have a magnetic stirrer, yet. But I can always practice some Biodynamic stirring for some hours Pleased Thanks for the concise answer.