We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Trichocereus pachanoi help - only experienced friends help me Options

jingamin
#1 Posted : 9/19/2021 9:04:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Pedro, why is he doing this to me?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Dirty T
#2 Posted : 9/19/2021 9:18:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not sure if the same thing is happen but my wife has 'muscle spasms' on any tryptamine. DMT actually caused her to go into almost a state of atrophy where her muscles locked up and she curled into an unnatural position on return from Hyperspace, I gave her a puff of Delta 9 THC distillate and it immediately alleviated her symptoms. I have done a lot of research and was given some insight by a member here and the underlying cause was a calcium deficiency. I would look at your calcium and potassium intake, if you have a deficiency it can cause muscular issues when you take any tryptamines, the solution is simple, take a supplement.

Grey Fox
#3 Posted : 9/19/2021 11:17:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes cactus causes muscle tension. When the tension is a lot the muscles will start to tremble and twitch. It can feel like the chills or shivers. It can also be stronger and feel like muscle spasms or contractions. I notice it especially in my legs. It think it is a vasoconstriction related event.
When I have feelings of vasoconstriction in my arms is when the muscle contractions are the strongest all over my body.

For me these effects are most noticeable with Bridgesii. But I'm sure they could occur with other species as well. The higher the dose the more likely I am to feel these effects. But the times when these effects have been the strongest and most unpleasant for me have been when I ate blue cheese or cured sandwich meat earlier in the day prior to tripping. These days I am much more careful with my diet leading up to a cactus trip. Tyramine rich foods should be avoided in the days leading up to a cactus trip in my opinion.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

jingamin
#4 Posted : 9/20/2021 1:53:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
Not sure if the same thing is happen but my wife has 'muscle spasms' on any tryptamine. DMT actually caused her to go into almost a state of atrophy where her muscles locked up and she curled into an unnatural position on return from Hyperspace, I gave her a puff of Delta 9 THC distillate and it immediately alleviated her symptoms. I have done a lot of research and was given some insight by a member here and the underlying cause was a calcium deficiency. I would look at your calcium and potassium intake, if you have a deficiency it can cause muscular issues when you take any tryptamines, the solution is simple, take a supplement.

Has your spouse taken calcium and potassium supplements? Did he get better after that?
I had a test ten days ago. I checked because you said;

Calcium: my result 9.31 (The reference range 8.8 - 10.2)
Potassium: my result 4.3 (The reference range 3.5 - 5.1)

So the results are normal bro. There is no missing.

Dirty T
#5 Posted : 9/20/2021 5:48:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

She has been taking Calcium supplements. She has not dosed again yet as we only do it as needed for depression treatments.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 9/20/2021 8:20:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Magnesium supplementation has really helped relieve muscular tension for both me and the Mrs. Not necessarily in a cactus context, although my last foray was very smooth.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

jingamin
#7 Posted : 9/21/2021 2:47:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Magnesium supplementation has really helped relieve muscular tension for both me and the Mrs. Not necessarily in a cactus context, although my last foray was very smooth.

Did you drink cactus + magnesium???

jingamin
#8 Posted : 9/21/2021 2:48:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Do you guys have any other ideas? Can you help me??

Jozeh
#9 Posted : 9/22/2021 7:22:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jingamin wrote:
Dirty T wrote:

Has your spouse taken calcium and potassium supplements? Did he get better after that?

Good pointer from DFZ... How about your Magnesium levels?

Quote:
"Mescaline and its analogs (10-100 microM) blocked both directly and neurally evoked twitches but their effects on neurally evoked twitches were greater than those on directly evoked twitches"...

"These results suggest that MES and its analogs inhibit cholinergic neuromuscular transmission by blocking release of ACh; they also affect K+ conductance."

Quote:
Potassium - Within the context of electrolyte disturbances, magnesium replacement is often necessary before hypokalemia and potassium depletion can be satisfactorily corrected with potassium supplements.
A decrease in intracellular magnesium increases potassium secretion which can lead to deficiency

jingamin
#10 Posted : 9/22/2021 1:43:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jozeh wrote:
jingamin wrote:
Dirty T wrote:

Good pointer from DFZ... How about your Magnesium levels?

Quote:
"Mescaline and its analogs (10-100 microM) blocked both directly and neurally evoked twitches but their effects on neurally evoked twitches were greater than those on directly evoked twitches"...

"These results suggest that MES and its analogs inhibit cholinergic neuromuscular transmission by blocking release of ACh; they also affect K+ conductance."

Quote:
Potassium - Within the context of electrolyte disturbances, magnesium replacement is often necessary before hypokalemia and potassium depletion can be satisfactorily corrected with potassium supplements.
A decrease in intracellular magnesium increases potassium secretion which can lead to deficiency

My magnesium level is at the limit. I started thinking about raising my magnesium level a little bit and speeding up my blood circulation.

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 9/24/2021 11:47:15 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

jingamin wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:

Did you drink cactus + magnesium???

Well, the brew was very salty and bitter Laughing

No, but I did deliberately supplement with whatever cheap-ass magnesium tablets I could find prior to partaking, as well as eating a large portion of very nice salad the preceding day expressly with the intention of optimising my nutritional balance in preparation for the experience. Outside of that I had eased back on my food intake levels in a not-quite-fasting kind of way.

Oh, in the latter stages of the experience, where people have often complained of cramping/vasoconstriction, I made sure I drank a beer to counteract this possibility!

Jozeh - that's some very interesting data there about mescaline blocking cholinergic neuromuscular transmission - "the plot thickens"...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

jingamin
#12 Posted : 9/24/2021 5:28:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can anemia and magnesium deficiency cause this condition? That's how I started to think. Any other ideas?

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 10/8/2021 9:08:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
I'm dieting for 4-5 days meat-milk-egg-sugar...
Just noticed this. Does this mean you avoided these foods, or only ate these foods? The former would seem the obvious based on traditional approaches but the latter is the literal meaning. Forgive me if this seems stupid - I've known some strange people over the years is all.

jingamin
#14 Posted : 12/26/2021 12:44:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can anemia and magnesium deficiency cause this condition? That's how I started to think. Any other ideas?

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 1/5/2022 4:30:52 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

My missus responds very well to magnesium supplementation whenever she finds herself getting muscle cramps or back tension.

The breathlessness on walking that you mention can indeed be symptomatic of anaemia, in which case you had best get your vitamin B12 levels checked as well. Also, have a read about intrinsic factor, a substance normally produced by the body which assists B12 absorption.