We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Science on nn dimethyltryptamine Options

BioBoostedSpirit
#1 Posted : 9/1/2021 5:30:58 PM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Greetings wonderful people!!🙏☮️💟

I keep reading all those theories stuff about the molecule form different people. Dmt being released while we sleep, dmt being released on death and birth, dmt is released in pineal gland..etc..etc.. Most of people are believing it.

Last time i looked on the subject,all those dmt theories were unproven.

So i just wanted to ask since it's an scientific forum, are all those theories are still theories or is there some scientific researches are done and proving those theories?

I would be pretty greatful if someone could enlight my brain with proper scientific facts on human and dmt.

Best regards🌼💮
Imperare sibi maximum imperium est.
“To rule yourself is the ultimate power."
Seneca

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SawdustAndHoney
#2 Posted : 9/2/2021 12:01:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From what I know the consensus is that there is no reason to believe in any endogenous DMT in a concentration that would cause any significant effect. There was an excerpt from Hamilton's show where they even homogenised a piece of brain and tried to detect DMT using MS. Take a look at it.

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 9/2/2021 12:23:48 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

There is no evidence DMT is released during sleep, but there hasn't been very effective investigation into the matter.

There is no evidence DMT is released at birth, but this area also hasn't been effectively researched.

Trace amounts of DMT were found in the pineal glands of rats.
Source: Barker, Steven A., et al. "LC/MS/MS analysis of the endogenous dimethyltryptamine hallucinogens, their precursors, and major metabolites in rat pineal gland microdialysate." Biomedical Chromatography 27.12 (2013): 1690-1700.

When experimental cardiac arrest was induced in rats, the concentrations of DMT increased significantly in the visual cortex. This finding was true even in pinealectomized rats.
Source: Dean, Jon G., et al. "Biosynthesis and extracellular concentrations of N, N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) in mammalian brain." Scientific reports 9.1 (2019): 1-11.

DMT does appear to play a protective role in ischemic brain injuries.
Source: Frecska, Ede, Attila Kovacs, and Attila Szabo. "The Protective Role of Dimethyltryptamine against Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury." Advances in Psychedelic Medicine: State-of-the-Art Therapeutic Applications (2019): 214.

What this all boils down to is: we don't know if DMT is released at birth or during sleep. While there may be some DMT in the pineal gland, it does not appear to the source of it's production in the mammalian body. It does appear DMT plays a protective role in the brain when oxygen flow is cut off (as in the case of heart attack or stroke).
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Seeingisbelieving
#4 Posted : 9/2/2021 12:59:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pascal Michael and David Luke released a pretty cool paper this year . Check it out HERE!

Tomtegubbe
#5 Posted : 9/2/2021 7:08:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder if anyone has come up with an experimental process to test the hypothesis.

If DMT was released in any significant amounts during sleep, the intensity of dreams should be increased a lot by taking an MAOI prior to sleeping. I haven't heard of such reports. You could however prepare a tea of syrian rue, set your alarm to wake you up at 4 am, drink the tea, wait half an hour and go back to sleep and see if there's a difference.

Maybe I'll test it some time. I just hate getting my sleep disturbed, so it might take a while. 🙂
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

dreamer042
#6 Posted : 9/2/2021 2:30:09 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

The issue is that if you take a fully inhibitory dose of harmalas, it tends to make you very high for many hours and sleeping is difficult, if not impossible.

I can attest my personal experience is that taking a small dose of harmalas prior to sleep does increase the vividness of dreams, several other members have reported this effect as well.

The pharmacology of sleep is quite complex, there is a whole whole host of tryptamines and beta-caroblines involved, not to mention things like adenosine and acetylcholine. So as to the question of, is DMT involved in sleep and dreaming? Yeah probably. Is it the stuff dreams are made of? Not likely. The existing evidence seems to suggest 5-MeO-DMT is probably a much larger player in the nighttime cocktail than N,N-DMT. This paper breaks down the biosynthetic pathways involved.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Loveall
#7 Posted : 9/2/2021 4:16:10 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I don't much about this topic, but I wonder if remembering dreams is related to remembering DMT trips. That is, would efforts to/things that improve dream recall also help improve DMT trip recall?

Just a though.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Tomtegubbe
#8 Posted : 9/2/2021 5:45:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
I don't much about this topic, but I wonder if remembering dreams is related to remembering DMT trips. That is, would efforts to/things that improve dream recall also help improve DMT trip recall?

Just a though.

When I began experimenting psychedelics there were always so many themes that I needed to make the decision to pick one message to bring home. This is what I do with dream recall too if I have dreams that seem meaningful. Also, I've taken calea zacatechichi (Mexican dream herb) sometimes when doing high dose psychedelic trips. The dream herb makes you stay more alert during night and some have great success with lucid dreaming while using it. I usually just have very restless nights and trouble getting deep sleep. I think it might affect the psychedelic experience too, although I don't like taking doses that cause amnesia nowadays. Calea if nefrotoxic, so experimenting with it is risky.
My preferred method:

BioBoostedSpirit
#9 Posted : 9/17/2021 3:16:10 PM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

I see..

Very nice, and what a wonderful info!!

Research on dmt and ischemic brain injuries is very interesting btw. Wow!!!

Thank you guys for talking your time and reply, i really appreciate it🌞

Be well everybody🙏💖

Imperare sibi maximum imperium est.
“To rule yourself is the ultimate power."
Seneca

Dirty T
#10 Posted : 9/17/2021 4:35:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have only limited personal anecdotes myself but I do know that with massive doses of Psilocybin or regular smoalked DMT it's hard to differentiate between dream state and 'the visions'. Me and my brother practiced controlling our dreams for years and got good at it. MAOI always made my dreams vivid and I could remember them vs without. I believe if DMT is released during dreams it is to protect us, if it is released during birth and death it is to facilitate our entry and release. I also believe that we are not human and are an organism that merely inhabits these bodies and upon death are released to enter a new host, I believe science has found evidence this happens but it is not fully understood or widely discussed. My personal beliefs have plenty of room for science and spirituality to 'mix'.

Tomtegubbe
#11 Posted : 9/17/2021 10:54:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
I have only limited personal anecdotes myself but I do know that with massive doses of Psilocybin or regular smoalked DMT it's hard to differentiate between dream state and 'the visions'. Me and my brother practiced controlling our dreams for years and got good at it. MAOI always made my dreams vivid and I could remember them vs without. I believe if DMT is released during dreams it is to protect us, if it is released during birth and death it is to facilitate our entry and release. I also believe that we are not human and are an organism that merely inhabits these bodies and upon death are released to enter a new host, I believe science has found evidence this happens but it is not fully understood or widely discussed. My personal beliefs have plenty of room for science and spirituality to 'mix'.

In the same time, this being in flesh is a wonderful opportunity to develop your spirit.

I'm quite certain our energies will live on and whatever progress you make in your personal life and your lifetime will add to progress of this world. The form in which our energies continue to exists is a great mystery.

Some ancestors can leave a positive energy to places and you can connect with it, even though most of that persons spirit has passed on. Also, you can dispel the negative energies by fixing things that were broken by the predecessors and maybe refine that which is good and keep it.

Also, we live a certain energy trace on everyone we meet and part of us keeps living in them, both in positive and in negative aspects. That's also where our own behavior and thought patterns come from. However, it's very powerful realize that through meditation (superbly assisted by ayahuasca) you can break karmic ties, get rid of bad thoughtforms that were passed to you by other people who got them from somewhere.

I was very touched by the story of Milarepa, the great Tibetan yogi where this subject is dealt. Basically, repentance is something that can lead to a true and lasting change. That is grace.

If you have the hope in you, you can give it to others, and it can work wonders. But your hope must be anchored to real things. I believe that you can anchor your hope into Life itself. It's a force in all of us that we can either help to grow or poison. If we learn to channel and cafe for it, there is enormous amount of hope.

Thank you.
My preferred method: